INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

+63
thomashellyer
Canada_Mike
SunshineyDay
Mexbaa
lunateak
Luisa
Nosnow
solajijic
sambrit10
Milena
DolceVita
bimini6
Lake Chapala Crime
Ezzie
little italy
Seventyseven
Mainecoons
gringal
ChickenLittle
kipissippi
zenwoodle
Chapalagringa
Guiness
MexicoPete
bman2
golfnut
JayBear
addtocart
hkrause
whatshername
Mad_Max
juanrey
joyfull
RoofBob
Pedro
itsme
jle
David
santaccl
Rosa Venus
viajero
blabbyabbey
hickton
Smartalex
Playaboy
slainte39
Traveller
Cheesehead
Lady Otter Latté
lotusflower
Trailrunner
TTT
Sideways
brigitte
Flamingo
CanuckBob
LaChula
arbon
Ms.Thang
Grizzy
espíritu del lago
saege007
Axixic
67 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 2 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by Sideways Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:42 am

I don't buy the inference that there may be more to this than it appears, just because the couple was beaten.  

There have been other home invasions in Ajijic in the past where the homeowners were beaten by the robbers to try to get more info out of them regarding ATM card, location of safes in house, hidden money in house, keys to cars, etc.  

In one case about 2 years ago, the homeowner was taken from the home invaded, to an ATM to w/d money; he had been beaten at the home, as was his wife.  

Very sad troubling news, especially as it comes on the heels of another home invasion attempt in Ajijic where the homeowner was shot in the leg, just last week.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 2 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:09 am

Hopefully they can get DNA and people will tell the MP investigators what they know and hopefully..they can catch who ever did this. Pretty sad altogether.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:19 am

I did not know they were using dna. I don't recall it being mentioned by press reports.  Have there been any recent documentation in the Lake Area specifically?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by TTT Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:21 am

http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/news/news/lake-chapala/43503-canadian-couple-beaten-to-death-in-ajijic

TTT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 am

Never believe everything you read in the newspapers.

Nina Discombe and her partner Eddie (Eduardo) have been Canadian snowbirds to Ajijic for about 8 years. They were lovely people, talented, kind, and very involved in their lives here.

Nina came much earlier this time and bought the house in La Floresta. Eduardo stayed behind to have surgery and only returned a couple of weeks ago.

Rest in peace, Nina and Eduardo you didn't deserve this and you will be profoundly missed.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 am

That's just awful. I really hope they catch these vicious people. This is a new low for the area.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:47 am

Thank you, Trailrunner.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:12 am

LaChula wrote:Why is the fact that Eduardo moved there a red flag?

As I mentioned above - we DON'T KNOW enough to draw any conclusions as yet. It is simply a red flag because it is a significant change in the status quo that occurred relatively close to the incident and therefore could be significant. (How did he move? Was he assisted in moving and by whom? Etc.) Not all red flags are evidence but they need to be considered.

Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:20 am

Well, then Axixic maybe you should stop speculating yourself. There may be relatives reading this, and perhaps you should try to show a little respect.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:30 am

There were LOTS of outsiders in town for the festivities this weekend ... could be a relationship there??
Cheesehead
Cheesehead

Humor : Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:34 am

lotusflower wrote:Well, then Axixic maybe you should stop speculating yourself.  There may be relatives reading this, and perhaps you should try to show a little respect.

You misunderstand me - I am advocating for calm and patience with the process. Sensationalization is the very opposite of what I would like to see occur. And I have nothing but respect and sympathy for the victims and their family - this is a tragedy in every sense of the word.

But it is a tragedy that occurred in OUR community and, naturally, our community is interested and concerned. Is it an isolated incident? Is it random? Are there lessons for the rest of us to learn from this incident?

I reiterate - we don't know. Perhaps we never will know. But calm, rational discussion is not disrespect.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:46 am

The things that Axixic is saying what any investigator on a case like this would first consider. This is a huge shock for the community, everyone hopes for answers.
We know that there have been armed robberies / home invasions lately. It's too bad that it takes something like this to get attention from the authorities to this problem . We have seen this very scene played out before.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:03 am

lotusflower wrote:That's just awful. I really hope they catch these vicious people. This is a new low for the area.

Not so new. There was the elderly couple (German man, Mexican wife) beaten to death in Hotel Chapala Haciendas, and later the American man and his Mexican friend beaten to death in Mirasol. Those incidents both happened within the last two years, I believe.

Has anyone heard anything about arrests or convictions in these two cases?
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:43 am

Tried to update the last post with dates and links, but couldn't.

The Hotel Chapala Haciendas double murder was in July 2012. The Mirasol incident was February 2013. So this is the third double homicide affecting the local ex-pat community in 19 months.

Link to the second incident (the injured man died without regaining consciousness):
http://theguadalajarareporter.com/news/news/lake-chapala/41647-mexican-man-murdered-expat-housemate-injured-in-riberas-del-pilar
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:59 am

lotusflower wrote:Well, then Axixic maybe you should stop speculating yourself.  There may be relatives reading this, and perhaps you should try to show a little respect.

This is a little harsh, as Axixic, who has a police investigative background, is thinking logically as opposed to many here who commenting out of pure emotion.
It was a thinking person's comment.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:59 am

Sticking to the original OP.........Another (maybe rumor) I heard is that the homeowner had recently complained about the treatment of some animals by two construction workers at a job next door. Apparently those two workers were fired from their job. I post this because, if true, I hope the investigators will hear the same thing and follow up with this lead. I understand that the MP reads these forums to gain as much insight as possible.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am

Trailrunner wrote:Never believe everything you read in the newspapers.

Nina Discombe and her partner Eddie (Eduardo) have been Canadian snowbirds to Ajijic for about 8 years.  They were lovely people, talented, kind, and very involved in their lives here.

Nina came much earlier this time and bought the house in La Floresta.  Eduardo stayed behind to have surgery and only returned a couple of weeks ago.

Rest in peace, Nina and Eduardo you didn't deserve this and you will be profoundly missed.

Were there other discrepancies in the newspaper reports?.....as Informador, Milenio, Mural all seemed to carry about the same information.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:15 am

CanuckBob wrote:Sticking to the original OP.........Another (maybe rumor) I heard is that the homeowner had recently complained about the treatment of some animals by two construction workers at a job next door. Apparently those two workers were fired from their job. I post this because, if true, I hope the investigators will hear the same thing and follow up with this lead. I understand that the MP reads these forums to gain as much insight as possible.

It widens the range of motives from purely robbery...all leads, such as this, should be followed up on, even if they wind up being dead ends....it's just good police work.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am

I really hate to say this but the reality of Mexico is that the "Police" won't catch them, they never do.

Murder Conviction rate

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:32 am

slainte39 wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Sticking to the original OP.........Another (maybe rumor) I heard is that the homeowner had recently complained about the treatment of some animals by two construction workers at a job next door. Apparently those two workers were fired from their job. I post this because, if true, I hope the investigators will hear the same thing and follow up with this lead. I understand that the MP reads these forums to gain as much insight as possible.

It widens the range of motives from purely robbery...all leads, such as this, should be followed up on, even if they wind up being dead ends....it's just good police work.

Anyone remember Alan Turnipseed, who was murdered in San Antonio about three or four years ago? The former police chief (Contreras) admitted at a public meeting that the police knew who to search for due to the chatter they read on the expat forums at the time...and they found him. So keep up the good work in this case.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:37 am

Playaboy wrote:I really hate to say this but the reality of Mexico is that the "Police" won't catch them, they never do.

Murder Conviction rate

I agree that Mexico's homicide clearance rate (actually, the clearance rate for all crime) is abysmal. But keep in mind that a huge part of the case load is from cartel-related activities which are "clearance resistant" to coin a phrase. I have met Mexican police who were very professional and capable investigators. And although they may not have the technological support that police NOB enjoy they do have some methods available to them that are NOT available to their northern brethren.

We can hope.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:48 am

i see that on the other board they have locked the topic....typical..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:51 am

The MP has access to print experts and can request DNA tests as well so we can hope the police will do whatever they can and in this case I believe they will.

They have solved crimes in the past not all but some so hopefully they will this time.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 pm

You know, on TOB it says our chief of police is Ernesto Robles (in the canadian article referenced). I thought Ramon Arcos was our chief of police? I can't say I've heard the name Ernesto Robles before. Can anyone clarify?
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 2 Empty Explain?

Post by TTT Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:55 pm

hickton wrote:i see that on the other board they have locked the topic....typical..

Which other board? You can send me a PM if you can't mention it here.

TTT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 pm

chapala.com AKA TOB is the other board. It not being named is sort of a running joke here.
I am surprised the thread on this crime was allowed to go as long as it did over there. The administrator of TOB does not like bad news, anything that would reflect poorly on the idea of foreigners purchasing homes here. May have something to do with it being run by a real estate company.
Luckily, we have this board which allows us to communicate with each other about pretty much anything.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next