INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What unusual supplements do you use?

+10
RVGRINGO
Carry Bean
CHILLIN
SunshineyDay
ltollefs
Trailrunner
Jreboll
CanuckBob
Plan B
espíritu del lago
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What unusual supplements do you use? - Page 2 Empty Re: What unusual supplements do you use?

Post by Jreboll Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:02 pm

Anybody keep a moringa plant around? Easy to grow and has plenty of nutrients.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What unusual supplements do you use? - Page 2 Empty Re: What unusual supplements do you use?

Post by CHILLIN Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:43 pm

"Amasi" yogurt - centuries old strain, used by the Masai in South Africa. Supposed to contain over 10,000 probiotics. I also make Bulgarian yogurt - thick and sharp. I also make koji kin rice.
All these starters here, I had no problems shipping to iShop Mexico.
http://store.organic-cultures.com/index.html

Also check out the blog if you want to find outt about koji and how it is used.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:04 pm

I have a box of Kit Kat bars in my refrigerator.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:08 pm

Just what the Dr ordered for hypoglycemia

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Exactly!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:46 am

We are in Mexico now, so I make sure I receive regular doses of Vitamin T.
Tacos, Tamales and Tequila!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:10 pm

Just beware of the Tejuino sold out of barrels, on the street in some cities. It can take a couple of days out of the following week.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Speaking of diets:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/28/well/eat/food-mood-depression-anxiety-nutrition-psychiatry.html?fallback=0&recId=1KTJW5iTul2qOzMIQSJY7fPlibD&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=TX&recAlloc=random&geoCountry=US&blockId=home-living-vi&imp_id=170277912&action=click&module=Smarter%20Living&pgtype=Homepage

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:09 pm

Grenera.ca., or .com (USA). All certified organic. Moringa lakeside is highway robbery. I understand that some of the producers amount to a "charitable cause". But REALLY?? Come On. Grenera will ship seeds. Young leaves make a nice salad addition. UNICEF has a West African growing project in the sub Sahara since it grows in marginal conditions. It's high protein content makes it a winner for lactating mothers. I get a scoop a day in my smoothie. ad nauseum
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:34 pm

Jreboll wrote:Speaking of diets:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/28/well/eat/food-mood-depression-anxiety-nutrition-psychiatry.html?fallback=0&recId=1KTJW5iTul2qOzMIQSJY7fPlibD&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=TX&recAlloc=random&geoCountry=US&blockId=home-living-vi&imp_id=170277912&action=click&module=Smarter%20Living&pgtype=Homepage

What an excellent article! Thanks. Totally agree.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Cannabis has never let me down except when it wears off. Same with opium
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:56 pm

It is indeed an excellent article. Between eating good quality food and getting quality sleep, all things are possible.

For those who suffer from allergies, such as dust and the gorgeous blooming Jacaranda trees, please be aware that fresh pineapple is a natural anti-histamine. It is my regular breakfast with 3 tablespoons of sugar free yogurt that has softened shredded coconut in it. Delicious to eat, clears up the stuffiness promptly, gives you energy to start the day and lasts a long time.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What unusual supplements do you use? - Page 2 Empty (Borion Arnicare<<<< brand name) Arnica

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:53 am

Arnicare for Pain Relief and Bruising
Primary Menu
Medicines
Symptoms
Wellness Center
Coupons
Where to Buy
Reviews
Contact

Search...
ARNICARE ARTHRITIS
Arnicare Arthritis temporarily relieves minor
aches and pains associated with arthritis.*

Illustrated arnica montana blossom in dark purple grayQUICK-DISSOLVING TABLETS
ARE NON-DROWSY WITH NO
KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS
ARNICARE ARTHRITIS TABLETS ARE A WELCOME SOLUTION FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM MINOR ACHES AND PAINS ASSOCIATED WITH ARTHRITIS. THESE QUICK-DISSOLVING TABLETS DO NOT CAUSE DROWSINESS AND HAVE NO KNOWN DRUG INTERACTIONS.
Arnica Arthritis
ARNICARE ARTHRITIS IS AVAILABLE IN A BOX OF 60 QUICK-DISSOLVING TABLETS.
BUY NOW
FIND A STORE NEAR YOU

DIRECTIONS
Adults 18 years of age and older:

At the onset of symptoms, dissolve 2 tablets under the tongue and repeat, if needed, every 15 minutes for 3 more doses.
Then, dissolve 2 tablets under the tongue every hour until symptoms improve.

INGREDIENTS
Active Ingredients**:

Arnica montana 3C HPUS – Relieves joint pain from trauma or overexertion
Benzoicum acidum 6C HPUS – Relieves pain in the wrists
Bryonia 6C HPUS – Relieves joint pain worsened by movement or the slightest touch
Chamomilla 12C HPUS – Relieves sensitivity to pain, tingling and numbing pain
Dulcamara 6C HPUS – Relieves joint pains triggered or worsened by damp weather
Kali iodataum 12C HPUS – Relieves joint and muscle pains worsened at night
Pulsatilla 3C HPUS – Relieves finger joint pain worsened by heat and slow motion
Rhododendron chrysanthum 12C HPUS – Relieves rheumatic pain worsened by dry heat
Rhus tox 6C HPUS – Relieves joint pains improved by motion and worsened by humidity
The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States.

Inactive Ingredients:

Croscarmellose sodium
Lactose
Magnesium stearate
Source:
https://www.arnicare.com/about/arnicare-arthritis/

Arnicare Gel temporarily relieves muscle pain
and stiffness due to minor injuries, overexertion,
and falls; reduces pain, swelling, and discoloration
from bruises.*

I currently use this and it works, I also use the gel it too works!

Source: see above link^^^
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

What unusual supplements do you use? - Page 2 Empty DMSO (Veterinary grade)

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:15 am

First off I use this for arthritis, foot, lower back and neck and shoulder. I discussed it with my doctor. I asked about having it made by a compounding pharmacis.

I spoke with 3 local pharmacists and they would not make it. I asked why? Answer >>
"FDA" I asked them if it works? "Yes".
So I bought a roll on, small bottle at the local feed store/equine/ store.They have many different sizes.

Yes it does work and is cheap.

Side effects, it smells industrial and burns like tiger balm. It leaves a brief garlic/onion taste in your mouth. I am including a link I used to do my research.

I also researched this on several other homeopathic forums.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. I DO NOT HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT HEATH ISSUES AND DO TAKE HEART, BLOOD PRESSURE, STATINS.

DISCUSS THIS WITH YOU DOCTOR!!
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780702047718000235

Last edited by espíritu del lago on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : X)
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:21 am

borderreiver wrote:Grenera.ca., or .com (USA). All certified organic. Moringa lakeside is highway robbery. I understand that some of the producers amount to a "charitable cause". But REALLY?? Come On. Grenera will ship seeds. Young leaves make a nice salad addition. UNICEF has a West African growing project in the sub Sahara since it grows in marginal conditions. It's high protein content makes it a winner for lactating mothers. I get a scoop a day in my smoothie. ad nauseum
So what do "you" use it for? Does it work for"you"?
Thanks in advance.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:32 am

The moringa plant I have in s. Texas gives much more than I need but it is seasonal. It’s been dormant through the winter and it’s now just starting to sprout.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:04 am

Jreboll wrote:The moringa plant I have in s. Texas gives much more than I need but it is seasonal. It’s been dormant through the winter and it’s now just starting to sprout.

WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR? I know I can google it, but I'm asking what the posters here on the forum WHAT they SPECIFICALLY use it for.

IS IT WORKING FOR YOU FOR THE PURPOSE YOU TAKE IT FOR?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:19 am

Medical people get to see what a lifetime/lifestyle of eating by default (what tastes good - salt, grease, sugar) gets you as opposed to eating with intention (fresh, natural, unprocessed, high food value). . . shorter life spans, chronic diseases, chronic pain, frequent trips to ER/ICU, bla bla bla.

Big Food and Big Pharm work hand in hand and Big Marketing keeps it all profitable. Thing is, eating by intention is so much more delicious!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 am

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-benefits-of-moringa-oleifera
It has more nutrients than other green leafy vegetables, and it is free.
When I want to make a salad or add it to my soups or stews I just go to my back yard and get some.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:37 am

Trailrunner wrote:Medical people get to see what a lifetime/lifestyle of eating by default (what tastes good - salt, grease, sugar) gets you as opposed to eating with intention (fresh, natural, unprocessed, high food value). . . shorter life spans, chronic diseases, chronic pain, frequent trips to ER/ICU, bla bla bla.

Big Food and Big Pharm work hand in hand and Big Marketing keeps it all profitable. Thing is, eating by intention is so much more delicious!

I partially disagree. I realize genetics, environmental, pollution, and industrial waste cause many health issues.

Additives, sugar, polluted water, and on and on...

I still eat bacon, steak, eggs, lard. salt, sugar, smoke ciggerettes, and cannibas.

I also use a few pharmeuticals.
LOREITDINE, ASPIRIN.

I even drink beer, wine, and scotch occasionally. I do everything you are not supposed to do. I just do it in moderation.

No one is getting getting off planet earth alive.

I plan on doing what I enjoy doing until I am at deaths door.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:44 am

A legitimate question is for T Runner and other people who don't use big pharma is:

You are in the ER, you survived a heart attack must must take heart medication and blood thinners.

What are you going to do?

What if your diabetic and lost weight, discontinued sugar, exercised religiously to no avail?

Are you still going to refuse insulin?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:07 am

What we’re trying to tell you is it’s amazing what changes in lifestyle make in how you feel. We all did self destructive things when young but you start noticing all those head bumps that nature gives you so you start modifying your behavior.
Just as there is a risk to reward ratio there is also an enjoyment to hangover ratio. As I’ve gotten older the enjoyment of doing certain things was getting smaller as my hangover from having done them was getting worse.

Last edited by Jreboll on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addendum)

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:03 am

Who said anything about refusing medication?

People who take care of their bodies don't expect to live forever, they just want to stay out of the ICU/CCU and not have chronic diseases that mess with your quality of life and lead to an early demise.

Do you think it's a coincidence that sugar, in some form, is in every processed food and obesity and diabetes are epidemics? Big Pharm sells more chemo and insulin and is very grateful to the food processors. Live your life any way you want, it's your life.

Moringa is a miracle food. You can grow it here or buy it from the very-knowledgeable woman who sells it at the Monday Market and the Tuesday one too - among many other places locally.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:16 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:First off I use this for arthritis, foot, lower back and neck and shoulder. I discussed it with my doctor. I asked about having it made by a compounding pharmacis.

I spoke with 3 local pharmacists and they would not make it. I asked why? Answer >>
"FDA"  I asked them if it works? "Yes".
So I bought a roll on, small bottle at the local feed store/equine/ store.They have many different sizes.

Yes it does work and is cheap.

Side effects, it smells industrial and burns like tiger balm. It leaves a brief garlic/onion taste in your mouth. I am including a link I used to do my research.

I also researched this on several other homeopathic forums.

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. I DO NOT HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT HEATH ISSUES AND DO TAKE HEART, BLOOD PRESSURE, STATINS.

DISCUSS THIS WITH YOU DOCTOR!!
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780702047718000235

I meant I do not not take blood pressure, heart medicine or stations.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Jreboll wrote:What we’re trying to tell you is it’s amazing what changes in lifestyle make in how you feel. We all did self destructive things when young but you start noticing all those head bumps that nature gives you so you start modifying your behavior.
Just as there is a risk to reward ratio there is also an enjoyment to hangover ratio. As I’ve gotten older the enjoyment of doing certain things was getting smaller as my hangover from having done them was getting worse.

And I agree whole heartily! I have done exactly that.

That being said I won't shun "all pharmaceutical drugs". Neither will I shun all,vaccines.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What unusual supplements do you use? - Page 2 Empty MSM>>Methylsulfonylmethane

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:07 am

Methylsulfonylmethane

Origin: Organic sulfur compound found naturally in fruits, vegetables, grains, animals and humans.

Dosage: Tablets, liquid, capsule or powder, topical and oral. Typically 1,000 mg to 3,000 mg daily with meals.

Claims: Reduces pain and inflammation.

What we know: MSM is an organic sulfur compound. Sulfur is needed to form connective tissue. MSM also seems to act as an analgesic by lessening nerve impulses that transmit pain.

Studies: A 2006 pilot study of 50 men and women with knee osteoarthritis showed that 6,000 mg of MSM improved symptoms of pain and physical function without major side effects. No large, well-controlled hum­an studies have been performed.

MSM may cause stomach upset or diarrhea. Don’t use MSM if you are taking blood thinners.

https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/supplements-herbs/guide/msm.php
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next