INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydroxychloroquine usage in Mexico

+10
rckrckr
Zedinmexico
slainte39
ComputerGuy
ferret
brigitte
CHILLIN
RickS
Jreboll
MichaelB
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hydroxychloroquine usage in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: Hydroxychloroquine usage in Mexico

Post by ferret Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:35 am

Really good article rckrckr!
People are gonna believe what they want to believe. It's called evolution... some evolve and some don't and some don't even believe in the concept of evolution. Sigh.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

sturdley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hydroxychloroquine usage in Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: Hydroxychloroquine usage in Mexico

Post by Jreboll Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:26 pm

Really? Getting medical information from Popular Science? Puleese! Let’s keep it real!

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:47 pm

I told you all I got a merit badge for blackballing. That is the dubious talent of tainting/dipping an outlier's testicles with permanent black India ink. Right up to wedding day. Cures cancer and every virus/bacteria known to humankind.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rckrckr Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Jreboll wrote:Really?  Getting medical information from Popular Science?  Puleese!  Let’s keep it real!

Yes, its references are to actual medical studies. But perhaps you prefer sources like your president's latest witch doctor.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:22 pm

FYI, for those who just HAVE to take Hydroxychloroquine... I was in Farmacia de Guadalajara at the new San Antonio Hospital today. The older Mexican gentleman in front of me was buying Plaquenil (name brand) for 600 pesos. Sorry, I didn't see the number of capsules (or whatever) that it contained.
I asked the Farmacist about it... they have lots, are selling lots and without a prescription. Scary.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:26 pm

You should get yourself some. If you ever come down with symptoms you’ll be glad you have it

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Lady Otter Latté, Heem and mudgirl dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:40 pm

No way, no how.
Each to his/her own.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, RickS and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Nope, I would not touch that stuff either. Cortosteriods, anti-inflammatory and anti coagulant. I take vit c and d3 daily and am on cortosteriods for arthritis.

I wouldn't allow a ventilator either just O2.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Man with a plan. I like that.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:00 pm

Well I actually plan on not getting it. That is my backup plan......lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

gringal, ferret, Lady Otter Latté, brigitte and sallys other sister like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:36 pm

I cannot believe this thread, Hydroxychloroquine has been prohibited in France to treat covid patients as they experimented with it when COVID started there and find out that it did not work , it is still allowed for other types of treatments, Wee have people here who believe they know better because a charlatan is telling them it is ok, never mind that the same charlatan had bought a bunch of stock and was pushing the product.. on the people´s dime. The same charlatan is crazy about a doctor who believe that having sex with demons is bad for your health....and of course he has to be right because..?

I am not a Republublican nor a Democrat as I am not a citizen from that country but the ignorance of some people is mind blowing..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, gringal, ferret, RVGRINGO, chelseagirls, Lady Otter Latté, SunshineyDay and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:39 pm

LIKE!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:47 pm

I also am planning on not getting it. Mask and social distancing.
The rest of my list, I have been doing for a long time...
Vitamin D3 daily
Magnesium daily
2 drops of CBD twice a day.
Eat in a healthy and balanced manner including fresh fruit and vegetables (including salads)

Since Hydroxychloroquine is used to suppress the immune system, I can see it only being advantageous in a cytokine storm. I want to keep my immune system healthy so it can produce T cells and B cells to naturally fight off an infection (of any kind).
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, chelseagirls, RickS, SunshineyDay, kiko, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:54 pm

yes living a jealthy life style , wearing a mask and social distancing is a way better way to protect ourself than taking any preventive drug, especially whe ithas been proven useless...and can be harmful in some cases..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, RickS, Lucky Girl, kamcd and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Catoca Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:58 pm

There is little doubt that Hydroxychloroquine works in vitro (in the lab), however, in vivo (in humans) no clinical evidence, not even as prophylaxis for people exposed to Covid 19, and here is a Randomised double blind clinical trial which says so:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638?fbclid=IwAR2Cr-7hLKKeU6JAAIGffo4G7uYJdT_ITh_eJ-qYkclJ6BAPKty2Zjfs7C8

Catoca

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:10 pm

Unfortunately some folks just want to believe that it works and are more likely to believe some white-coat folks on youtube as opposed to a double-blind scientific clinical trial.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Lady Otter Latté and SunFan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:32 pm

This study has already been discarded as not being very scientific since it was mostly a survey done over the Internet.
The doses were way higher than the recommended dosage protocol. It seems they were purposely trying to cause side effects.
NEJM has been having some questionable studies published lately. They have been criticized for that.
There is a lot of false information being produced by both sides. You have to follow the arguments very closely.
I just put an article about a medication that is superior than Remdesivir but is being held back because it is not as profitable.
Here it is again.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-greed-holding-back-a-drug-that-could-treat-covid-19-patients-11596737727?mod=mw_latestnews

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 pm

RickS wrote:Unfortunately some folks just want to believe that it works and are more likely to believe some white-coat folks on youtube as opposed to a double-blind scientific clinical trial.  

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Well at least Jreboll seems to be on top of the "studies and data" regards this drug. Personally I would not take it but that is a decision we all get to make for ourselves.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Catoca Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:55 pm

Jreboll wrote:This study has already been discarded as not being very scientific since it was mostly a survey done over the Internet.
The doses were way higher than the recommended dosage protocol. It seems they were purposely trying to cause side effects.
NEJM has been having some questionable studies published lately. They have been criticized for that.
There is a lot of false information being produced by both sides. You have to follow the arguments very closely.
I just put an article about a medication that is superior than Remdesivir but is being held back because it is not as profitable.
Here it is again.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is-greed-holding-back-a-drug-that-could-treat-covid-19-patients-11596737727?mod=mw_latestnews

That is a Strawman argument, posting an off topic link to Marketwatch, seriously? You can do better than that, post a link to a recognized medical journal with a peer reviewed article on a clinical trial using Hydroxychloroquine in Covid which proves that it works.

Catoca

rckrckr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:33 am

They’re available if you look for them.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:02 am

Name one.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:05 am

C’mon, grow up,

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

oncesubtle, gringal and ferret dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:11 am

Seriously. You claim the trials are out there if you look for them. I challenge you to find and name ONE clinical double blind study to support your statement.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:20 am

We’ve been discussing this argument since February. I’m not going to rehash everything. You can decide for yourself whatever you want.
Don’t demand proof. Do your own homework.
This is an adult website, no one is going to lead you by the hand.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:22 am

I'll take that as a "no, I can't find one" as you've been asked since February to furnish proof and still can't.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

rckrckr and Catoca like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next