INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can You Transfer $$$ From One Telcel Phone to Another?

+4
Bill Phillips
OldWEB
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
8 posters

Go down

Can You Transfer $$$ From One Telcel Phone to Another? Empty Can You Transfer $$$ From One Telcel Phone to Another?

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:04 am

Our household has 2 cell phones; one is used quite a bit and is on a monthly plan of 249p. The 2nd phone is carried in case of emergencies and to keep it active we add 200p every 60 days.

The 2nd phone now has a balance credit of over 1300p.

Is there a way to transfer or 'gift' pesos from the 2nd phone to the main phone?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Can You Transfer $$$ From One Telcel Phone to Another? Empty Re: Can You Transfer $$$ From One Telcel Phone to Another?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:31 am

I found this article.

https://tecnobits.com/en/how-to-transfer-credit-from-a-cell-phone-to-another-telcel/#:~:text=To%20make%20a%20credit%20transfer%20at%20Telcel%2C%20follow,verify%20the%20details%20before%20proceeding.%206%20Ready%21%20

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Can You Transfer $$$ From One Telcel Phone to Another? Empty Re: Can You Transfer $$$ From One Telcel Phone to Another?

Post by OldWEB Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:08 pm

I have found the ladies at this Telcel very helpful,
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8BosvjwCtZidGzB88

They have opened a second shop here and are just as good.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/aL1yhQKSXBUFnWq17

Google maps does not show the second place, it is been there about a year, across from Marios Rest.
OldWEB
OldWEB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:28 pm

[quote="OldWEB"]---  snip.....I have found the ladies at this Telcel very helpful,

Is the second shop operated by the same person (Ana) who runs the Telcel location by Alex Pasta?  Do they speak Englisjh????
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:31 am

BisbeeGal wrote:Our household has 2 cell phones; one is used quite a bit and is on a monthly plan of 249p. The 2nd phone is carried in case of emergencies and to keep it active we add 200p every 60 days.  
The 2nd phone now has a balance credit of over 1300p.  
Is there a way to transfer or 'gift' pesos from the 2nd phone to the main phone?  

We both have 'pay as you go' phones, putting only 100p every 60 days to keep them active. I often transfer funds to my spouse's number by sending a text (SMS) of his phone number, a space and the amount to transfer (e.g., 5552221111 200) to the number 7373. Instructions from Telcel in Spanish below. I think 200p is the limit per transfer and the recipient's number has to be active, meaning if he didn't add any money to his number for 61 days, the money I transferred wouldn't re-activate his number.

As I said we both have 'pay as you go' phones so I don't know how this would work with a monthly plan.

Envía un SMS a la marcación 7373
Escribe el número Amigo de Telcel al que deseas enviar el PasaTiempo, deja un espacio en blanco e indica la cantidad sin centavos que deseas enviar.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:37 am

Thx Frijoles. How long after I send the msg to 7373 does it show on 2nd phone? Via msg or should I check the TelCel page or app?

I didn't get an immediate ping, so guessing the monthly plan phone has different rules.

Again, thx as it was clearest advice.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:46 am

BisbeeGal wrote:Thx Frijoles.  How long after I send the msg to 7373 does it show on 2nd phone?  Via msg or should I check the TelCel page or app?

I didn't get an immediate ping, so guessing the monthly plan phone has different rules.  

Thanks to the information on this page I did a series of $200 transfers from one Amigo to another. Most of them were instant, a couple were delayed by less than a minute. One of them didn't seem to work and I just sent another one.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:56 am

BisbeeGal wrote:Thx Frijoles.  How long after I send the msg to 7373 does it show on 2nd phone?  Via msg or should I check the TelCel page or app?
You're welcome. We both usually get a message immediately after I do the transfer.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by OldWEB Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:39 pm

oatsie wrote:
OldWEB wrote:---  snip.....I have found the ladies at this Telcel very helpful,

Is the second shop operated by the same person (Ana) who runs the Telcel location by Alex Pasta?  Do they speak Englisjh????
Sorry, just logged in...
Yes, they run both places and the SAT location will have a younger girl or Ana there. Their English is a lot better than my Spanish (almost nil), very nice people.
OldWEB
OldWEB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:03 pm

"the recipient's number has to be active, meaning if he didn't add any money to his number for 61 days, the money I transferred wouldn't re-activate his number."

Here's something interesting you might want to know. I have an old dumb phone, in addition to my smart phone. I keep the old dumb phone charged up, because I still sometimes get calls or SMS messages on that number from upholstery clients who I did work for years ago who want more work done and other people who only have my old number. I have not put any $ on that phone number for several years, so I can't use it to call or msg. out myself, but because I get occasional incoming calls and msgs. , the number has remained active, and I can pick up and answer the call.

So if you have a phone you seldom use, and don't need to use it to make calls or send msgs., just call that number occasionally, and you won't ever have to put $ on it for it to remain active.

I was going to transfer the SIM card from the old dumb phone to my smart phone years ago when I changed over, keeping the same number, but those little dumbphones use a size of SIM card that doesn't fit in the smart phone. So I found all this out quite by accident.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Frijoles and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:16 am

When I have sometimes not been able to get to Oxxo to put money on my phone, then I am unable to receive or send sms or calls BUT Whatsapp is still active and usable. Discovered that by accident too. But it's nice to know in an emergency.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:58 am

ferret wrote:When I have sometimes not been able to get to Oxxo to put money on my phone, then I am unable to receive or send sms or calls BUT Whatsapp is still active and usable. Discovered that by accident too. But it's nice to know in an emergency.

But I think that's only true if you have access to wifi.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:12 am

It didn't work for me, probably because the phone we want to transfer the $$ to is on a yearly contract, not pay as you go.

Thanks to all for the advice.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 am

ferret wrote:When I have sometimes not been able to get to Oxxo to put money on my phone, then I am unable to receive or send sms or calls BUT Whatsapp is still active and usable. Discovered that by accident too. But it's nice to know in an emergency.

That is why so many Mexicans only use whatsapp. They never put any $ on their phones for regular calling and texting.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:30 am

Frijoles wrote:

But I think that's only true if you have access to wifi.

A cell phone only ever works when there is wifi... anywhere. If the electricity is out in my house and, therefore, the modem is non functional, I have to go out into the far southeast corner of my front yard to get a signal from the tower... but it is possible.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:56 am

That isn't true, ferret. Cell signals are different from wifi signals. My Wifi can be out for some reason, like there's a CFE issue, or a problem with my internet provider's towers, and I still get a cell signal.
And when I am away from the house, I am not hooked up to any wifi and my phone works on the cell signal, as well as being able to access the internet, because it is then working off my cell data.

So I could make a whatsapp call when out and about as long as I have cell data, but if I was out of cell data, I wouldn't be able to, because I have no Wifi connection.

That you have to go to the far corner of your yard to get a cell signal has nothing to do with Wifi- it has to do with not getting a strong cell signal in your house.

That isn't to say that if there is an electrical outage, that you might not have Wifi or cell signal- that happens sonetimes, too- there's an electric outage that renders both the Wifi towers and the cell towers non-functional.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Frijoles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:46 pm

https://www.weboost.com/blog/cell-phone-signal-vs-wifi-whats-the-difference

Definitely incorrect wording in my post. I should have used the word "connection" to relay the concept. I don't get cell reception inside my house. So, if the power goes out, I go out to the southeast corner of my garden to get a signal from the cell tower.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down