INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many have left?

+20
borderreiver
Jim W
hockables
ferret
Solovino
johninajijic
Intercasa
oncesubtle
CheenaGringo
gringal
martygraw
susan
viajero
CanuckBob
raqueteer
David
Mainecoons
simpsca
hound dog
kipissippi
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How many have left? Empty How many have left?

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:58 am

Does anyone have some kind of idea of how many people have left because of the violence? I would imagine mostly renters...but just curious.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

How many have left? Empty Re: How many have left?

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:06 am

judging by the traffic not enough.
Brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:11 am

I have many friends who have left - some lucky to sell their houses or were renters. At least two having final sales and leaving within the month. One friend is a 6 month renter - was going to move here permanently this year but will not now due to crime.

But I have no total as lakeside is so big I don't know most residents - only know what is happening among people I know and mostly in the west end of the lake.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:12 am

It's hard to separate the people who are leaving because of recent events from those who aren't coming because of all the bad publicity about Mexico or the bad economy that is keeping them at home.

Are restaurants empty because no one is coming or because they have less money to spend and eating out is one of the most discretionary items in most budgets?

Hard to say. All this bad publicity can't help. And yes, although the traffic is a nuisance I try to remember that we have a lot of amenities here that towns of this size don't normally have specifically because of the snowbird/sunbird visitors and the money they bring to local businesses.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 am

I see that when it comes to "amenities" we're now a small town.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 am

In a very big urban area, and easily accessed by same. razberry
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am

I personally know 30 couples who have left over the last dozen years. Of those very few left due to concerns about crime. Mostly financial difficulties, illnesses, costs of medical insurance, family NOB and inability to learn Spanish. Frankly I can only think of one couple and a single woman who left due to concerns about crime.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 am

Don´t tell us you´re leaving; just f*cking By-God LEAVE! Lakeside will be better off without your sorry ass.

Brigitte and Dawg used to live in a fine apartment just off of Lake Merritt in Downtown Oakland and a fine place that was but my bosses in Downtown San Francisco were scared to death of the place just as U.S. Pussies are of Mexico. PLEASE do not come here wusses. We do not need nor welcome spineless invertebrates. Hang in there in Yazoo City. You will not be missed here.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:51 am

I didn't mean the ones who left before the last few months. I was just curious as to how much damage this recent bout of violence has caused the local economy. Also how many people who used to dine out in the evening a lot have cut down due to caution? All of these factors should help in swaying the powers that be to do something.....if something can actually be done.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:05 pm

When we moved here to Ajijic in 2001, a recently acquired Mexian friend told us that al it would take was a few kidnappings or acts of violence against foreign residents to bring about a mass exodus of spineless "gringos". Boy, was this asshole on target Begone spineless worms says the Dawg and good riddance.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Oh for crap sake, the only reason less people are eating out is due to freezing temps, and or lack of cash IMO. Tango was jammed the other night. Roberto's is also usually jammed, as is Vita Bella.

If someone is scared let them leave, and take a loss on their house sale, what a bunch of wussies.

Maybe they should select Houston where home invasions have increased in number 40 times over the past few years. BTW they don't just threaten you there, they shoot.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Don't get your knickers in a twist. It was just a question......AND I didn't say they were leaving in droves.... and I didn't know IF they were eating out less. It was just info that might help in getting more police action. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.....you aren't trying to sell your house by any chance......?

raqueteer wrote:Oh for crap sake, the only reason less people are eating out is due to freezing temps, and or lack of cash IMO. Tango was jammed the other night. Roberto's is also usually jammed, as is Vita Bella.

If someone is scared let them leave, and take a loss on their house sale, what a bunch of wussies.

Maybe they should select Houston where home invasions have increased in number 40 times over the past few years. BTW they don't just threaten you there, they shoot.

kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 pm

The good restaurants are going to keep right on truckin'. Unfortunately, the one in our neighborhood, run by a nice Mexican couple, who just can't seem to get it that most people don't want to be deafened when they are eating and also expect good and consistent food and value. Too bad because the place has great ambiance but no one in the neighborhood eats there anymore because the food just doesn't cut it, the service is unskilled and the drinks are overpriced.

Now they're trying to survive by playing loud music later and later and not only are they annoying to most of the surrounding homes, that isn't working very well either and you can bet with the latest scare, even fewer people are going to be out at 11AM.

The only things that turn over here more than badly maintained Mexican clunkers are badly run restaurants. The good news is that they turnover so much and so fast you always have a new place to try out.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:46 pm

On the other side of the coin......... we'll be down in March and I know 3 other couples planing to move down within the next 2 - 5 years. I also know a few others who will be watching our adventures with keen interest because they are also considering it......

Out with the old in with the new I suppose........... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:57 pm

11AM.?

kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey, we start siesta early here! LOL, that's 11 PM!

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How many have left? Empty How many have left

Post by viajero Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:43 pm

The people
I want to hear
About are the
People who
Take risks.
Robert Frost
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:09 pm

[quote="hound dog"]Don´t tell us you´re leaving; just f*cking By-God LEAVE! Lakeside will be better off without your sorry ass.

Brigitte and Dawg used to live in a fine apartment just off of Lake Merritt in Downtown Oakland and a fine place that was but my bosses in Downtown San Francisco were scared to death of the place just as U.S. Pussies are of Mexico. PLEASE do not come here wusses. We do not need nor welcome spineless invertebrates. Hang in there in Yazoo City. You will not be missed here.[/quote]

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:17 pm

hound dog wrote:judging by the traffic not enough.
Brigitte

Amen
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:18 pm

most people on this forum lived in the sleeze pits of the USA. they do not know any different. its their choice to stay. i never ever heard of crime till i came here. never discussed this. say it already, say the G word, say the H word. dont be scared. (you are the pussies, not the ones who are leaving)! a hispanic ghetto is a hispanic ghetto. OK there it is, i said it. trollalerttrollalerttrollalert.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:26 pm

[quote="susan"]most people on this forum lived in the sleeze pits of the USA. they do not know any different. its their choice to stay. i never ever heard of crime till i came here. never discussed this. say it already, say the G word, say the H word. dont be scared. (you are the pussies, not the ones who are leaving)! a hispanic ghetto is a hispanic ghetto. OK there it is, i said it. trollalerttrollalerttrollalert. [/quote]

Don´t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Trollette.

Immediately upon Susan´s exit, this will become a better place. Good luck Des Moines.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:29 pm

I heard she wuz headed to Yazoo City.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:52 pm

[quote="CanuckBob"]On the other side of the coin......... we'll be down in March and I know 3 other couples planing to move down within the next 2 - 5 years. I also know a few others who will be watching our adventures with keen interest because they are also considering it......
Out with the old in with the new I suppose........... Beer [/quote]

Godawlmighty. More Canucks. Time to consider moving to France where they kicked them out a few hundred years ago. I guess we´ll have to give up tortillas, poutine and beer for foie gras and claret. Life is hell.

Smokealot
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 pm

kipissippi wrote:Don't get your knickers in a twist. It was just a question......AND I didn't say they were leaving in droves.... and I didn't know IF they were eating out less. It was just info that might help in getting more police action. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.....you aren't trying to sell your house by any chance...

[/quote]

Why, looking to buy something on the cheap Kip?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Who isn't these days?

Surte
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next