INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many have left?

+20
borderreiver
Jim W
hockables
ferret
Solovino
johninajijic
Intercasa
oncesubtle
CheenaGringo
gringal
martygraw
susan
viajero
CanuckBob
raqueteer
David
Mainecoons
simpsca
hound dog
kipissippi
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

How many have left? - Page 4 Empty Re: How many have left?

Post by viajero Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:27 pm

hound dog wrote:John I have a half acre lot with a doublewide on the outskirts of Barstow,CA wall to wall shag carpeting,formica countertops and a swamp cooler,needs a little TLC.You can pm me if your interested in a trade.
Chris

Hold on, Chris:

Don´t undersell that Barstow trailer with a straight-up trade. Demand a year´s worth of free breakfast coupons at Salvador´s including all the Bloody Marys you can drink.
Your'e right Dawg,maybe he could throw in that Imported wheel barrow and brass door knocker to sweeten the deal.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by roni Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 pm

We have another 18 months and will continue to monitor things. We got back from 17 days in the Yucatan Peninsula, driving around, taking buses, etc and we felt plenty safe, particularly in Merida, where we plan to move.

Plans can change, though.

roni

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Why don't you burn it for the insurance money? it's worthless anyway in that sh*thole town/city. OMG, talk about the ahole of the earth.

So, if you have a trailer in that area, I guess that makes you trailer trash?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:19 pm

johninajijic wrote:Why don't you burn it for the insurance money? it's worthless anyway in that sh*thole town/city. OMG, talk about the ahole of the earth.

John, go home right now and take your med's.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:31 pm

hound dog quote "Properties at Lakeside remain greatly overpriced because homeowners here are generally not burdened by mortgage debt so refuse to lower prices to reasonable sums.

Just your opinion, NOT FACT as many homeowners have already lowered prices and are not going to give their houses away to some cheap bastard looking for a bargain."

We don´t care as we have no plans to sell and leave and even if we did decide to sell and leave, we could easily recoup our investment of ten years ago which is why we limited our initial home investment amount to a sum of money that did not render us house poor.

We are not house poor either and could easily recoup our investment and then some.

In my opinion, it is still too soon to buy real estate here but if I were in the market, I would drive a very hard bargain.

Another wrong opinion and who are you to think that you're going to get something for nothing?

Eventually, homeowners will realize that they are not going to make a killing on their real property investments for several reasons including crime here and the economic catastrophe in the U.S. which wiped out home equities up there.

The economies in the US have nothing to do with it. The rich Mexicans and Canadians will be buying the properties here. Those two countries have not fallen on hard times like the US.

Add to that the fact that you can buy real estate in many sunbelt areas in the U.S. for a fraction of what you would have Paid in 2000 and Lakeside is no bargain by a long shot.

[b]A fraction!!! You are totally misinformed. Start searching those areas. Properties are still very expensive for a dcent home. Oh yeah, buy in AZ and pay $ 1,000. a month AVERAGE for electricity to cool your house. That adds up fast. How about the horrible high and low temps in some of those States. You cannot do without heating AND A/C.

If I were to decide to move here during these turbulent times, I would definitely rent and lay low until these morons lower their prices to reasonable levels.

By the way, we consider it entirely incorrect to assert that crime is no worse here than it has been in recent memory. It is much worse here than when we arrived in 2001. Much worse and the crime that is occurring is much more violent generally speaking. There is a breakdown in civility and law enforcement - always weak and incompetent - can´t even begin to handle this new wave of criminality. Lock your doors and turn on that alarm."

Crime here is no worse. Most of the killings are drug cartel members killing each other or those who are involved with drugs, dealers and buyers. It's just publicized more. It is still far worse in any city NOB.

Last edited by johninajijic on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:33 pm

martygraw wrote:
johninajijic wrote:Why don't you burn it for the insurance money? it's worthless anyway in that sh*thole town/city. OMG, talk about the ahole of the earth.

I didn't direct that remark to you, so butt out old man. Unlike you, I'm not so old as to need meds!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Careful John. Some of us still have good enough working memory to remember your postings about your various maladies and the medications that you take. The same would be true with your postings about just how reasonable your investment was in your home. At $20K incremental reductions, you have a long way to go to set a reasonable price. Good thing there are your favorite "newbies" around who don't know the history!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:55 pm

cheenagringo - You haven't seen this house or it's location so you can't make that comment. We are in no hurry to sell. We don't have to be. Not all houses here are created equal.

Most of the crap I see on MLS isn't worth it. Too old and not properly maintained. I wouldn't live in most of them especially considering the sh*tty areas of Lakeside they are located in.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 pm

johninajijic wrote:
martygraw wrote:

I didn't direct that remark to you, so butt out old man. Unlike you, I'm not so old as to need meds!

Oh! pardon, I thought you were leaving because of medical problems.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Does that mean your'e not interested in the trade?If the imported wheel barrow was the deal breaker maybe we could talk about the old nat geo collection you are trying to sell, I have fond memories of those magazines as a young boy as well as the sears catalogue.BTW if you haven't been to Barstow lately you might want to withhold judgement,seriously.....not.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:26 pm

viajero wrote:

Does that mean your'e not interested in the trade?If the imported wheel barrow was the deal breaker maybe we could talk about the old nat geo collection you are trying to sell, I have fond memories of those magazines as a young boy as well as the sears catalogue.BTW if you haven't been to Barstow lately you might want to withhold judgement,seriously.....not.
Chris

I hope you're not serious about the trailer. I wouldn't live in a trailer if you paid me. They're made out of prefab sh*t. And trailer trash lives in trailers. And you obviously didn't read my ad closely because you're incorrect. Sorry, the great whelbarrow was sold 3 weeks ago and the owner is thrilled to use a US wheelbarrow instead of the Mexican crap they sell here. If you knew anything about wheelbarrows you would know the difference.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Listen, if that double-wide is in Barstow CA, by definition that means that it is located in only the very best neighborhood there. And my Mexican wheelbarrow is a low-rider and has one of those bouncy set ups. You won't get that from Detroit.

Keep your sense of humor John, when all else fails it will serve you well. Good luck with your house sale. Small word of advice, if your price is that close to $500K, $499 will attract a lot more attention.

Last edited by Mainecoons on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Everyone is pulling your chain John. Best to chill out and fogetaboutit........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:36 pm

[quote="viajero"]

Does that mean your'e not interested in the trade?If the imported wheel barrow was the deal breaker maybe we could talk about the old nat geo collection you are trying to sell, I have fond memories of those magazines as a young boy as well as the sears catalogue.

Would those be the National Geographic 3D slides with the huge African tits from Ouagadougou circa 1937 or would that be the Sears Catalogues without which one would need a nearby oak tree with leaves with which to wipe one´s butt in the outhouse?

Dawg always thought Barstow was a splendid urban presence in the middle of the desert on the way from Vegas to L.A. where weekly wages earned in L.A. could be wiped out in Vegas in a few hours thereby necessitating a full gas tank in order to get back to San Berdoo without breaking down in Indio with no gas and not even enough money for a drink and burger at the Big Orange.

I must be getting old like Marty. Forgive us, John, for our geezerness.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Better to say nothing and let them think you a fool
than to say something, and remove all doubt... or somethin like that

Last edited by hockables on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:54 pm

johninajijic wrote:
viajero wrote:

Chris

I hope you're not serious about the trailer. I wouldn't live in a trailer if you paid me. They're made out of prefab sh*t. And trailer trash lives in trailers. And you obviously didn't read my ad closely because you're incorrect. Sorry, the great whelbarrow was sold 3 weeks ago and the owner is thrilled to use a US wheelbarrow instead of the Mexican crap they sell here. If you knew anything about wheelbarrows you would know the difference.
John I was just kidding you about the trailer,anyway I would never consider selling it,I was just reacting to your harsh critisism(sic)of my sick sense of humor.Maybe we could talk about the post war Imari or did that get hauled off in the US Wheelbarrow .
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Please people remember that John lives in the only gated comunity lakeside that has a big sign on the gate that says "NO MEXICAN WHEELBARROWS ALLOWED"
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:46 pm

How many have left? - Page 4 02-20-09-tlaxcala-street-vendor-operating-from-wheel-barrow-large
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:14 pm

The nicest thing you've ever posted.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:23 pm

What a great photo!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:38 pm

martygraw wrote:Please people remember that John lives in the only gated comunity lakeside that has a big sign on the gate that says "NO MEXICAN WHEELBARROWS ALLOWED"

GREAT SHOT MARTY mariachi
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:45 pm

Jim:

Are you still watching the OR vs UCLA game? It appears that Marty had nothing to do with that foto!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4