INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many have left?

+20
borderreiver
Jim W
hockables
ferret
Solovino
johninajijic
Intercasa
oncesubtle
CheenaGringo
gringal
martygraw
susan
viajero
CanuckBob
raqueteer
David
Mainecoons
simpsca
hound dog
kipissippi
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How many have left? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many have left?

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Who isn't these days?

Surte

Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm not leaving but I do have lots of friends either leaving because of crime or trying to sell and leave. I don't plan to leave, so Bob there will be some bargains when you get here.

And PS Kip I don't go out to eat at night because it is not safe - the cartels threw a grenade into Ajijic Steak House a few weeks ago when the Federales were chasing them west toward Jocotopec. Night is when most of the cartel movement and hits take place.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Nah...I still have a choice, so I think I'll just stay in this quiet back water till things cool down SOB...or I die of old age...

raqueteer wrote:
kipissippi wrote:Don't get your knickers in a twist. It was just a question......AND I didn't say they were leaving in droves.... and I didn't know IF they were eating out less. It was just info that might help in getting more police action. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.....you aren't trying to sell your house by any chance...

Why, looking to buy something on the cheap Kip?

[/quote]
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:49 pm

simpsca wrote:I'm not leaving but I do have lots of friends either leaving because of crime or trying to sell and leave. I don't plan to leave, so Bob there will be some bargains when you get here.

And PS Kip I don't go out to eat at night because it is not safe - the cartels threw a grenade into Ajijic Steak House a few weeks ago when the Federales were chasing them west toward Jocotopec. Night is when most of the cartel movement and hits take place.

That was the parking lot at Hacienda Ajijic Steak house...FYI

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 pm

simpsca wrote:I'm not leaving but I do have lots of friends either leaving because of crime or trying to sell and leave. I don't plan to leave, so Bob there will be some bargains when you get here.

Carolyn I know you mean well but the cartel or whomever did not throw a grenade into the steak hous that night. A grenade was thrown but it landed on the caraterra and bounced into the parking lot, not in the steak house. Please in the future if you are going to coment get you facts right.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:32 pm

IN the steak house would really spoil my appetite for those "specials" they have.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Who on this board is planning on running away? Just curious, since on TOB everyone seems scared to death.

Is that the wuss board?

We are not leaving BTW.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:06 pm

A check of the NEW MLS listings (those supposedly put on the market in the last 30 days) reveals 87 residential properties. I breezed through them all to make sure that they were all in the Lake area. If that number is accurate, my math makes that just under 3 new listings per day. Even if we figure that 30 to 50% may be new construction, it appears that some are bailing?

I would also be willing to bet that there are a certain number out who have quietly already made the decision to vacate or are considering such. Maybe an extended "vacation" NOB instead of a full scale bailout? Who knows as this is a very personal decision and many probably don't want to be influenced by peer pressure or called wusses?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Neil, tis the season. People list when snowbirds come down, just saying.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 pm

We're not leaving and our friends that we've talked to in the past couple of weeks have no intention of leaving either, actually it's not much of a conversation point anyway.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm leaving..................................................Vancouver that is.

Gotta get down and hold down the fort with you all. We would be there tomorrow if we could.

Beer

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:31 pm

We are not leaving and do not know anyone who is.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

How many have left? - Page 2 Empty grenades in the parking lot

Post by viajero Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 pm

martygraw wrote:

Carolyn I know you mean well but the cartel or whomever did not throw a grenade into the steak hous that night. A grenade was thrown but it landed on the caraterra and bounced into the parking lot, not in the steak house. Please in the future if you are going to coment get you facts right.
Well I guess a grenade exploding in the parking lot of the restaurant your'e eating in is no big deal, it's not like it happened inside the place.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 pm

And...with any luck things will get sorted out and the violent types will go somewhere else.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Many bad things happen to those who are unlucky, involved with drugs or (GASP) live in Ajijic. Crime in Ajijic in the village is rising and in surrounding areas. Maybe people are selling to move to Chapala?

I have some clients selling to go back NOB but they haven't mentioned crime as their primary reason.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Intercasa wrote:Many bad things happen to those who are unlucky, involved with drugs or (GASP) live in Ajijic. Crime in Ajijic in the village is rising and in surrounding areas. Maybe people are selling to move to Chapala?
I have some clients selling to go back NOB but they haven't mentioned crime as their primary reason.

In the modified words of the immortal Henny Youngman, "Take your leave, please." Don´t stop until you get to Akron where they will eat your shorts.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:15 pm

People sell for all kinds of reasons. I don't know anyone who is leaving due to crime in Mexico. There are 3 houses for sale in our Community for sale, one is because the woman went back to the US where her sons are about a year ago. One is because the woman misses her grandchildren in Texas. One is because private insurance is getting costly as we age and those folks live on SS.

Another house just outside our Community went up for sale because they want to downsize, buy in FL and a smaller place here, 6 months in each location.

Everyone else in our Community is staying put and going out horizontal when the time comes.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:19 pm

But John:

You state only three for sale and provide examples of each. Have you pulled your house off the market as I figure that would make four if so?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:22 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:But John:

You state only three for sale and provide examples of each. Have you pulled your house off the market as I figure that would make four if so?

It's included in the three in our Community.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:33 pm

OK! I guess this is you: "One is because private insurance is getting costly as we age and those folks live on SS."?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. Calling the people who are leaving wussies and then posturing about how fearless you are. What a bunch of crap. If someone isn't comfortable because of what they perceive as a threat to their personal safety and decides to live somewhere else, who is anyone else to criticize or deride that decision?
Whether those fears are based in reality or a figment of their imaginations
Life is short and we all have the right to live it as contentedly as we can manage. . The same goes for those who choose to stay in their adopted country.

Last edited by Solovino on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:59 pm

What is your point, Neil? John has made it clear in the past that his income is limited by social security benefits and he is burdened by excessive health insurance premiums. I don´t see where he has been disingenuous. I wish John luck in selling his home in Ajijic as he will need it in a crashing market. I am 69 years old and my wife is 65 and our major medical health care premiums are now up to about $500USD a month. They will no doubt continue to rise as I enter my 70s but that is life. We can afford it so far but maybe there will become a time when we will self-insure. We shall see. For the moment, I can see why John might find it appropriate to move back to the U.S. and I see no reason to pick on him because of that decision. I, personally, would rather rot in hell than move back to the United States.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:22 pm

We're staying.

People do what they have to do in their given circumstances. Did we want to sell our home on the coast? Not really but medical circumstances dictated it. Here everything is closer and more convenient for me. We like the area and like the weather. That doesn't mean we're not aware of what's going on and have warned the kids should they decide to come down. They're grown ups and can make decisions for themselves...it's their choice...just as it is ours to stay.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Dawg:

Apparently, you misinterpreted my post as I was just trying to get clarification. If John has to move NOB because of rising insurance costs, then so be it as it is his decision and nothing more needs to be read into HIS decision! We all have to make decisions based upon what we feel the most comfortable with and nothing against John for making such a decision.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:00 pm

OK, Neil. I regret that I may have misinterpreted your remarks but we musn´t take ourselves too seriousy so enough of that. Frankly, I´d hate to be selling a home in the category John´s house is in in this dreadful market (over $500,00USD). Thank God we are not selling and have no plans to so do. Things are rough around here at present.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:06 pm

perhaps folks would feel better after a vacation...

next summer... book yourselves two months in beautiful, sunny, downtown detroit....

then ya'll be singing Dorothy's Praise... " there's no place like home "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next