INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic bypass

+10
Trailrunner
Solovino
brigitte
MexicoPete
David
Zedinmexico
hound dog
johninajijic
ComputerGuy
itsme
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ajijic bypass Empty Ajijic bypass

Post by itsme Wed May 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I hear the town is planning a road from the Libramiento starting behind Tobolandia, over Lazero Cardenas, Priv Juarez, Las Salvias, over Villa Nova, through Rancho del Oro and out through Los Arroyos. Homeowners have started receiving notices from the town. Anyone else heard anything?

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic bypass Empty Re: Ajijic bypass

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Well, I've heard this every couple of years for 14 years now. But haven't seen anything official. From what I glean, it's only the general consensus of how such a thing might be approached.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 02, 2012 2:34 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Well, I've heard this every couple of years for 14 years now. But haven't seen anything official. From what I glean, it's only the general consensus of how such a thing might be approached.

I've heard this same BS. Do you or anyone on this forum realize all the permits necessary to go over this land, some of which is indigenous. Only a fool would think that this is feasable due to cost constraints, not to mention stability of some of the soil. Don't listen to the rumours and bS at Lakeside. Never happen.

They've talked about widening the Carretera for 10 years, have surveyed it 3 or more times and have done nothing. That's the easiest and least costly route to go.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 2:57 pm

And of course they never will be able to do that without expropriating a majority of businesses in Ajijic, all whom operate along the highway.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 pm

HelperGuy wrote:And of course they never will be able to do that without expropriating a majority of businesses in Ajijic, all whom operate along the highway.

If you know the plans, those businesses are in the Federal Zone and those businesses know that. They knew when they built there. The plan is to come in and take property by eminent domain, pay the people and bulldoze the buildings. Some have entrances on back streets.

They will survive and move into other buildings.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm

The northern bypass in the hills above Lakeside starting at the confluence of the libramiento and the Chapala-Ajijic carretera is not bullshit and will likely occur although we old farts will probably be history when it is finally completed. It is a fine idea and much more practical than widening the present carretera through the hearts of towns already built up around the present, impractical carretera where massive urban renewal would be the only option and many crappy businesses already there operatingl knowingly on carretera right-of-way would be demolished - not such a bad idea since most if not all of these funky businesses were established with the owners´ knowledge that they were encroaching on highway right-of-way. That is one reason so many business establishments on the carretera operate out of abysmal shacks of little value. They know they could be forced to vacate at any time and thus operate today out of virtual lean-to structures which is the main reason the carretera through overbuilt Ajijic and San Juan looks like such a rathole.

Can you imagine the new libramiento from Tobolandia connecting to the new libramiento just finished or almost finished skirting Jocotepec and facilitating travel to Guadalajara and all that traffic buzzing and polluting all those solationist neighborhoods up the hill looking down on the lakeside villages with contempt? What goes around comes around.

Dawg would love this and could get to Guadalajara in record time on such a libramiento joining the traffic rush to Costco from West Ajijic. I hope they finish it while I can still drive and remember who Costco is or, for that matter, where Guadalajara is.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 pm

If they expand the current road they would probably take out one
side of trees in La Floresta. Can you imagine the fuss? Anyway they
go is going to be a mess but unless you are cutting through Carlos
Slims backyard I doubt if anyone can stop the mexican government
from going where they need to or even want to.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed May 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Deleted double post.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed May 02, 2012 4:17 pm

[quote="Zedinmexico"]If they expand the current road they would probably take out one

Z[/quote]

A good point Zed and, to your point, money and influence buys just about anything in the U.S. or Mexico or, perhaps, anywhere humans congregate. Mexico has a particularly abysmal record in that regard.

When we built our new home on a ruin in the historic center of San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas in 2006, we were harassed mercilessly about even any remote modifications of the building´s interior and exterior right down to what paint was acceptable but that´s OK since we would not have bought there had we not believed in preservation of this historic colonial community dating back to 1528. Years later, a wealthy Mexican family with tremendous political influence made outrageous modifications to a genuine historical building, modernising it crassly in the very center of that city´s historic district but when Mexican local acquaintances of ours made vigorous complaints to the city´s historic landmark preservation authority, they were told to lay off. They were told specifically that that family was wealthy and influential and could do anything they wished to do and to just shut up.

Those magnificent old trees alligning the carretera into La Floresta, a true local treasure, will be history if their presence offends the right people for whatever reason. Dawg saw the same thing happen in ancient Colonial Moble in the 1960s where fabulous old live oaks laden with Spanish Moss bit the dust for the sakes of new fast food joint parking lots over and over again in the most magnificent parts of the city. It happens eveywhere.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 4:48 pm

johninajijic wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:And of course they never will be able to do that without expropriating a majority of businesses in Ajijic, all whom operate along the highway.

If you know the plans, those businesses are in the Federal Zone and those businesses know that. They knew when they built there. The plan is to come in and take property by eminent domain, pay the people and bulldoze the buildings. Some have entrances on back streets.

That doesn't mean they are going to do it. Come on.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

That doesn't mean they are going to do it. Come on.

Well I think they would do it. I live 50 ft from the Carraterra so I would rather not have it widened but it would probably be
easiest to bulldoze right down the present highway on both sides of the road. Biggest job would be moving utilities which is
not that big of a deal. They have to do something sooner or later. The traffic goes for miles in both directions from the Ajijic
bottleneck downtown when it comes to a halt. Can't imagine how they could build a highway up toward the mountain unless
they used the present two lane road and slightly widened it to bypass centro Ajijic. Now all those nice houses and compounds
probably wouldn't like a bypass nearby. Can't you imagine the truck noise? I still think the bulldozers will just adjust the
buildings downtown and we will have a four lane road or at least a three lane road with turn lanes both ways. Less political
grief to rip up downtown than some of the gated communities up top in Upper Ajijic. Who knows? The folks all know someday
downtown will look very different.

Z
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 pm

johninajijic wrote:

There is no "eminent domain" law in Mexico. Start over.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 02, 2012 5:50 pm

David wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

There is no "eminent domain" law in Mexico. Start over.

There is when the government already owns the land which they do. What is the law for Squatters in Mexico? That is the
pertinent law in this instance. The name eminent domain does not apply but I assure you if they did not have ways to do
this they would not have been able to nationalize all the oil companies which they did in 1938. They have laws that do the
same thing an eminent domain. I found lots of examples. It is called something else. Don't worry if the mexican government
wants something they will get it unless for example going through Carlos Slims back yard with a pipeline. Its not going to
happen but if you are not Carlos Slim or one like him you are just going to be pushed aside and handed a check if you are
lucky just like in the good old USA.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 6:37 pm

The land above Ajijic is not govermnet owned, it's mostly Ejido land.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 pm

David wrote:The land above Ajijic is not govermnet owned, it's mostly Ejido land.

Good luck taking that from the many tribal members involved. A riot coming?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:If they expand the current road they would probably take out one
Z

Zed - NOT!!! The trees stay and they use the access road as part of the 4 lane highway. The access road still we be the turn off to local businesses and development. The existing carretera will be the highway operated by right turn lanes and slip lanes directed by traffic lights.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed May 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Hey. This is my first post on this forum. And I've lived lakeside since 1997 and recognize many of the posters. Hello all. They (the Gov) have been talking about this for years. And when one of my neighbors mentioned that government representatives were coming to their community condo complex to talk to them about their plans, I thought it was BS. Well the government officials did show up at noon on I believe the last day of April to talk to them about opening up the property they had for private access to extend a two lane highway/bypass they were planning to build from the libramento (spelling) through Ajijic and then connecting back to the carretera where it is/will be four lanes West of Ajijic.

I talked to these officials. They were serious. I didn't stay for the meeting, but the property owners were very much against this. And would not willingly give up this property for this project.

So the story is real. (It was 10 years ago too) The question is "who, what, when and/or where"

Remember, should the government want, they could take over this land (Inverse Condemnation) for the road.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Ejido land and Indian land are not the same thing Johninajijic.
They are trying to selling ejido land in the hills right now so it can be sold.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Si, pero es muy complicado.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

David wrote:Si, pero es muy complicado.

No it isn't.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 02, 2012 10:20 pm

It can be sold. . .but it can also be snatched back from the hapless buyer sometime down the road.

Hey Pete! Bienvenidos. Nice people here. Sane and fair moderation too!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Pete has a big house at the top of the mountain, do you think he wants a highway running next door, or his neighbors, money talks and bullshit walks. Sorry on both sides of the main road are poor and run down places, these folks have no money they just are there. To tell the truth most of Ajijic business on the main road are poor, ugly and a stupid conjested road so folks can stand up traffic to make a turn down to the real estate companies. In 6 years I have never done business in downtown Ajijic, U can't even park. Chapala bus main stop is right down town blocking traffic. I would love to stop an get a chicken but there is no place to park, the new Va clinc is there is no place to park. Most times the traffic lights don't work ( they are there to regulate traffic flow). Of course Ajijic is the basterd child of Chapala, check out the expense of the 2 Malacons. Ajijic needs to be the government not Chapla
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 pm

prorader, just to focus on one comment "the lights are there to regulate traffic flow". Ha, ha, ha: Not the ones they've installed in the past 8 years. They're there so a coupla dorky officials could look good to their big bosses when they came to down, and show some "civic improvement". We've got four sets only that are needed: Chapala main intersection; WalMart intersection; Colon intersection, and Juarez (just west of Colon. The rest are a huge PITA: proof? Most of them are on permanent flash cycle now, and traffic once again flows as it should. The ones in front of Panino's need to be ripped out completely, and traffic will be good there again, too.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 03, 2012 7:54 am

David wrote:The land above Ajijic is not govermnet owned, it's mostly Ejido land.

I was not clear I meant to say that Ajijic Centro (downtown) is owned by the feds.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 am

johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:If they expand the current road they would probably take out one
Z

Zed - NOT!!! The trees stay and they use the access road as part of the 4 lane highway. The access road still we be the turn off to local businesses and development. The existing carretera will be the highway operated by right turn lanes and slip lanes directed by traffic lights.

John the roots of all those trees probably will interfere with the road. I hope you are right! I know this is mexico but good road
constuction and big trees generally don't get along if they put the proper foundation in. Even with the best of intentions the
trees might be killed by the consturction also.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next