INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic bypass

+10
Trailrunner
Solovino
brigitte
MexicoPete
David
Zedinmexico
hound dog
johninajijic
ComputerGuy
itsme
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ajijic bypass - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajijic bypass

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 03, 2012 7:58 am

johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:If they expand the current road they would probably take out one
side of trees in La Floresta. Can you imagine the fuss? Anyway they
go is going to be a mess but unless you are cutting through Carlos
Slims backyard I doubt if anyone can stop the mexican government
from going where they need to or even want to.
Z

Zed - NOT!!! The trees stay and they use the access road as part of the 4 lane highway. The access road still we be the turn off to local businesses and development. The existing carretera will be the highway operated by right turn lanes and slip lanes directed by traffic lights.

John the roots of all those trees probably will interfere with the road. I hope you are right! I know this is mexico but good road
constuction and big trees generally don't get along if they put the proper foundation in. Even with the best of intentions the
trees might be killed by the consturction also.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 03, 2012 8:00 am

I wonder how these rumors start. Both the widening of the Caraterra and the "by pass" come up every couple of years. I'm puzzled by the idea that a bypass would do any good. Who wants to go around Ajijic? Certainly not all the delivery trucks.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 03, 2012 8:11 am

prorader wrote:Pete has a big house at the top of the mountain, do you think he wants a highway running next door, or his neighbors, money talks and bullshit walks. Sorry on both sides of the main road are poor and run down places, these folks have no money they just are there. To tell the truth most of Ajijic business on the main road are poor, ugly and a stupid conjested road so folks can stand up traffic to make a turn down to the real estate companies. In 6 years I have never done business in downtown Ajijic, U can't even park. Chapala bus main stop is right down town blocking traffic. I would love to stop an get a chicken but there is no place to park, the new Va clinc is there is no place to park. Most times the traffic lights don't work ( they are there to regulate traffic flow). Of course Ajijic is the basterd child of Chapala, check out the expense of the 2 Malacons. Ajijic needs to be the government not Chapla

Sir we like Ajijic the way it is. You like Chapala the way it is. Our Malecon is fine the way it is. I don't think we feel like we are the
bastard child of Chapala. We don't drive here. We walk. Traffic lights don't matter, congestion doesn't matter. The only thing bad
here is when you walk is crossing the carraterra. Ajijic with car is the biggest pain in the ass. Ajijic without is very pleasant. Those
little business on both sides of downtown contain pretty much everything we need. Maybe not everything we want. Come check
out the misc store on the plaza. I am not kidding they have everything. A hundred feet away is a wonderful bakery with great
small loaves of rye bread and nice braided rolls, cinammon roles. Across the street from the bakery is the local mexican sandwich
shop. We have a bank, gobs of resturants, coffee shop. I am not saying Ajijic is better than anywhere else but as a walking
community it works quite well for the fit. Biggest bad thing is the curbs sidewalks and such. They go up and down and right and
left so always look down. Chapala has much better walking and sidewalks in the downtown area. We tend not to drive here for
another reason....Everybody parks and blocks our garages in Ajijic. However except for sunday we do have daily trash pickup in
lower Ajijic to keep the trash away from the tourists. I love to walk and shop in Chapala. For all of lakeside I will give this little
saying from Maine. " If it is Tourist Season how come we can't shoot them".

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 am

David wrote:I wonder how these rumors start. Both the widening of the Caraterra and the "by pass" come up every couple of years. I'm puzzled by the idea that a bypass would do any good. Who wants to go around Ajijic? Certainly not all the delivery trucks.

You certainly are correct. Hardly anyone would use the road. People driving in from the Libriamento are coming from GDL and suburbs. Why would they build it just to cross to Joco? They're certainly not building it so people will go to SJC. There's nothing there.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

MexicoPete wrote:Hey. This is my first post on this forum. And I've lived lakeside since 1997 and recognize many of the posters. Hello all. They (the Gov) have been talking about this for years. And when one of my neighbors mentioned that government representatives were coming to their community condo complex to talk to them about their plans, I thought it was BS. Well the government officials did show up at noon on I believe the last day of April to talk to them about opening up the property they had for private access to extend a two lane highway/bypass they were planning to build from the libramento (spelling) through Ajijic and then connecting back to the carretera where it is/will be four lanes West of Ajijic.

I talked to these officials. They were serious. I didn't stay for the meeting, but the property owners were very much against this. And would not willingly give up this property for this project.

So the story is real. (It was 10 years ago too) The question is "who, what, when and/or where"

Remember, should the government want, they could take over this land (Inverse Condemnation) for the road.

Welcome to a great Board Pete Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer BTW....you look great for a guy 102 years old.....LOL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu May 03, 2012 10:49 am

I'll believe it when I see it. Either road.

Yes, Ajijic is a great walking town......until you need to cross the street to upper Ajijic. You're road kill if you should trip on that mad dash.

My husband's theory: Wait till a shapely young Mexicana gets ready to cross and follow behind. That is called a "traffic stopper". This can take time.

But seriously, we could use a walking overpass somewhere downtown.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 03, 2012 11:50 am

gringal wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. Either road.

Yes, Ajijic is a great walking town......until you need to cross the street to upper Ajijic. You're road kill if you should trip on that mad dash.

I'm with you, gringal, as usual. I'll believe it when I see it.

I often think when I have to dash across the carretera - anywhere - how lethal it would be to fall! Instant moosh.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu May 03, 2012 12:22 pm

And the guy who runs over you will flee and escape punishment, the people or the cops who come to save you or retrieve your corpse will steal any money you have on you before the ambulance ever gets there and if they don´t some other first or second emergency responder will and nobody will ever investigate anything. I have lived in Mexico for over a decade and my personal experience is that it is a land where a helping hand may always be anticipated on the road but it is also a land of thieving vultures if you lose conciousness so stay awake or wake up naked.

I am reminded of actual Chiapas legal advice we received and I quote precisely; "They lie, you lie".
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Hyep. True bidness. I won't need the money anymore anyway.

They lie, you lie. I'm going to use that, Bub. I will, of course, happily give credit where credit is due. . .

Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu May 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Hyep. True bidness. I won't need the money anymore anyway.

They lie, you lie. I'm going to use that, Bub. I will, of course, happily give credit where credit is due. . .

Very Happy

Thank you TR but you can´t give credit to Dawg for that. That is the state motto of Chiapas and not my original thought. What happened is that we were in a legal dispute down there and, upon inquiry by the lawyer we had engaged, we responded, " But, they are lying." and that´s when he uttered the basic legal dictum of Chiapas, "They lie, you lie."

We won that case by the way without lying since everyone down there is an accomplished liar not because we didn´t lie but because we told our antagonsit that if he failed to compensate us for his wrongdoings we would have a conversation with Hacienda about his lack of tax compliance and we had our money so fast the ink was still wet on the banknotes.

Mexican justice is not about the truth but about who has the biggest gonads.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu May 03, 2012 12:57 pm

hound dog wrote:And the guy who runs over you will flee and escape punishment, the people or the cops who come to save you or retrieve your corpse will steal any money you have on you before the ambulance ever gets there and if they don´t some other first or second emergency responder will and nobody will ever investigate anything. I have lived in Mexico for over a decade and my personal experience is that it is a land where a helping hand may always be anticipated on the road but it is also a land of thieving vultures if you lose conciousness so stay awake or wake up naked.

I am reminded of actual Chiapas legal advice we received and I quote precisely; "They lie, you lie".

I wait for some young hottie ta cross the Carreterra as well.... makes things easier...
One spun around cause someone pinched her ass.... I pointed to the car that just passed.... but I'm not sure she believed me :)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Si, Dawgster, I had heard this novela before as my coconut wireless to Chiapas is also alive and well. You guys are to be congratulated on your listo-ness in this outcome.

I shall use 'they lie you lie' and consider it a national anthem. I'm sure my lawyer would agree.

Saludos a la jefa, por favor.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu May 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Trailrunner wrote:
Si, Dawgster, I had heard this novela before as my coconut wireless to Chiapas is also alive and well. You guys are to be congratulated on your listo-ness in this outcome.
I shall use 'they lie you lie' and consider it a national anthem. I'm sure my lawyer would agree.
Saludos a la jefa, por favor.

By the way, TR, as you are aware, being an accomplished liar is an accolade in many places far beyond Chiapas including Wall Street of course, La Jefa, while growing up in France, spent her summers on Arcachon Bay on the Atlantic near Bordeaux in a fishing village known as Gujan. In Gujan, no one was known by their real names but by affectionate nicknames and lying was considered an accomplished art. Among fast friends of hers in those old days was a family of local oystermen the grandfather among whom was a famous liar. His most famous lie, according to my darlin´ wife was that one day, while following his normal daily activity of fishing, his heart stopped beating for a full five minutes and he survived to tell the tale. I don´t know the reason for this lie except maybe he had some responsibilities to his family he had not fulfilled and that was his excuse for not having accomplished those tasks. Anyway - it worked and this lie became an historical accomplishment in and of itself.

If one is to succeed in a land of accomplished liars one must be clever.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2