INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review - A Very Good One

4 posters

Go down

ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review - A Very Good One Empty ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review - A Very Good One

Post by joec Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:13 am

After reading the reviews on TOB, we decided to try Armando's which was always good when he was there. Five of us from our Monthly Dinner group ate there tonight. We were greeted by Amy's Mom and then Amy came over to introduce herself. Both are very nice, personable people. I had made reservations to sit in the inside room. We arrived at 6:00 PM. By 7:00 PM the restaurant was full. I have never seen a restaurant in Ajijic this busy with all tables full.

They took our drink orders and we looked at the menu which is exactly the same as Armando's with same prices. After the drinks came, hot croissants and butter were brought to the table. Then Amy's Mom serving as a waitress explained the specials: The full blown special was Swiss Steak, a thinly sliced filet cooked in tomato broth with vegetables covering it served over mashed potatos with corn. A decent sized salad came with the meal with a choice of 4 dressings: Italian vinegarette, ranch, blue cheese and french. The meals dessert was bread pudding. All for 120 pesos. Another special was Shrimp over Fettucine in a light creamy sauce with red and yellow peppers. 120 pesos. Another special was very lightly battered Chicken strips over Fettucine in a light cream sauce with red and green peppers. 100 pesos.

One person ordered Soup of the Day which was a Vegetable soup with every vegetable imagineable in it. It was very thick and not too soupy. I ordered a Shrimp Coctail, about 6 smaller shrimp over Romaine lettuce with cocktail sauce.

Two people ordered the Swiss Steak special as described above. They said it was very good and would order it again. One person ordered the Chicken Scampi over Fettucine. Another person ordered the Shrimp Scampi over Fettucine. I ordered what I usually order, Shrimp in White Wine sauce. There were 10 smaller shrimp with green beans and carrots and rice. It tasted as if Armando had made it.

Everyone enjoyed their food and meeting the new owners. We highly recommend Armando's restaurant. Make a reservation. 766 2229

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review - A Very Good One Empty Re: ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review - A Very Good One

Post by gringal Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 am

Plus, they have some great lunch specials for those who have their main meal at that time, like us.
Good food, great service, hospitable owners. I wish them success.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review - A Very Good One Empty Re: ARMANDO'S Restaurant Review - A Very Good One

Post by K2tog Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 pm

We finally got there today for lunch and met the new owner, Amy. She is delightful, has been in the restaurant business before, so unlike other NObers who come here and open a restaurant because they like to eat out, she actually has experience and knows what she's doing.

I had the daily lunch special ($50 pesos) and my husband had a sandwich ($65 pesos). Both of which we enjoyed. The prices are right and when it came time for dessert, we shared some of her homemade bread pudding soaked in whiskey and topped with homemade whipped cream. Can you say Delisioso?! Needless to say, next time we won't be sharing just one bread pudding!

Would recommend you give it a try. We miss Armando and his wife, and wish them well, but Amy is doing a great job with the place.

BTW, Armando and his wife have moved closer to Guad and opened a smaller taqueria so he's still in the biz and his wife is not living her golden years in a restaurant kitchen.

K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 am

Went last night for first time great resturant.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:15 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Went last night for first time great resturant.

Z

A review would be nice.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Went last night for first time great resturant.

Z

We all had the dinner special. Filet, Mashed taters, carrots and brocoli with
bread pudding for dessert. All for 130P. Filet was tender and one had the
choice of five sauces. We all picked the mushroom sauce. It was very good
however to be fair Yves is better but I think he put some brandy in his. The
service was outstanding. Drinks were strong and good. For sure worth trying!!
Is that what you wanted J?
Z

Oh yea nice croisant type bread with the meal. Delicious with butter.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Yves has a Bearnaise sauce which is pure sin as well as a mushroom sauce.
Oh yum.

Went yesterday for lunch and looked at the appetizer list; ordered shrimp stuffed avocados. Surprise: two perfect avo halves with six large shrimp in a bed of lettuce. Sauce similar to a Louie dressing drizzled on it. Delicious and that's all I needed. 73 pesos.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Zed - Great review and I'm happy your group enjoyed it.

Armando's under the new Management of Amy and her Mom will continue to be a big success and be here after others have long gone. They're doing everything right!!! Some other restauranteurs here need to take lessons.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down