INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riberas murders - back to the topic

+16
seisdedos
viajero
Ms Mac
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
ferret
Jim W
Pedro
slainte39
Ricardo
hockables
Trailrunner
lucky
espíritu del lago
Dr. Sam Thelin
Minervajt
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Riberas murders - back to the topic Empty Riberas murders - back to the topic

Post by Minervajt Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:50 am

I am curious if there is any new information about this horrible crime - possible motives, etc.???

Minervajt

Back to top Go down

Riberas murders - back to the topic Empty Re: Riberas murders - back to the topic

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 am

Which one? There have been several in the last two weeks.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Riberas murders - back to the topic Empty Re: Riberas murders - back to the topic

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 am

I am interested if the identity of the woman in Joco who was found murdered along with a Mexican, supposedly she was white ???????? Canadian, American, British?????????????????????????????????????????? What was her name, was she a full time resident???? scratch Basketball
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 am

I don't think that the woman murdered in Joco was a gringa. My friend Antonio told me that he saw a photo of the murdered woman and that she was brown skinned with dark hair. Don't know where that "white woman" thing came from.

On the other hand, the gringo man from Riberas has apparently died of his wounds. http://www.lapoliticaeslapolitica.com/2013/03/bentley-main-american-stabbed-in.html

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 am

My housekeeper's husband saw the 2 victims on the carretera outside of Joco and said the same thing Lucky said.

Where did that rumor come from?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 am

as George Harrison was quoted as saying " Aren't You Glad It Wasn't You?"

Thinking about this...
I believe he he was airing his disdane of The NEWS Media, and the fascination people have with the NEWS Media steming from the Human Condition... that is
" The NEWS Media makes one feel better about themselves, by showing one how others are having a Shittier Day "

Beer and thatz all I have to say about that

Last edited by hockables on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : musings of the day)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:06 am

The news report just said that she was light complected, presumably compared to the general Mexican population.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:12 am

I think what they probably meant was, "una güera". "White" doesn't necessarily mean some other nationality.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Minervajt Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

I began this thread with a question about the man in Riberas who was murdered, along with his mexican gardener/companion/whatever, on Feb 24. I did not ask for info regarding the Joco murder.
Does anyone have any further information about the Riberas incident???

Minervajt

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Minervajt wrote:I began this thread with a question about the man in Riberas who was murdered, along with his mexican gardener/companion/whatever, on Feb 24. I did not ask for info regarding the Joco murder.
they are both dead. there is no further info forthcoming and it is highly unlikely that there will be.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Minervajt wrote:I began this thread with a question about the man in Riberas who was murdered, along with his mexican gardener/companion/whatever, on Feb 24. I did not ask for info regarding the Joco murder.

You don't have to be a smart ass.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:

You don't have to be a smart ass.

Yes he does espiritu, he is a newbie with an attitude..... Shit stirring drunk
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Yea', they come over here from TOB and think they are somebody. They don't realize they are that they are a PIA. They act all tough and high fallutin, Well I got news for em, over here we eat noobs like peanuts and beer. They better be tough and smart, plus they will need a healthy sense of humour . Beer

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:56 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Yea', they come over here from TOB and think they are somebody. They don't realize they are that they are a PIA. They act all tough and high fallutin, Well I got news for em, over here we eat noobs like peanuts and beer. They better be tough and smart, plus they will need a healthy sense of humour . Beer

TFF Amigo, gotta send em an invite to the Octagon.......no Duran saviour there! Riberas murders - back to the topic 223506
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Geez guys ease up. It was a legitimate question from the OP and we strayed, as always.
Pedro nailed the answer.
If the OP was unaware, then they should know that the older gentleman never regained consciousness.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:38 am

Some background info from the SEATTLE TIMES:
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020552876_mexicandeathxml.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Minervajt Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 am

Thanks for posting the link to the Seattle Times article, CheenaGringo.

Minervajt

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:54 am

It seems to me that a few of the expat deaths in the past couple of years are guys that are gay. There is this latest fellow in Riberas, Alan turnspeed (sp) in 2011 and the two separate victims in Melaque and Barre de Navidad a year or so ago whom I understand were also gay. This seems to be more than just "statistics". Does the gay community have a higher risk of meeting nefarious individuals?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:13 am

Probably sick individual/s that are gay bashers. Once they are identified, become targets of sickos!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:34 am

I have found in Mexico people seem to be more tolerant of gays.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am

Jim W wrote:Probably sick individual/s that are gay bashers. Once they are identified, become targets of sickos!

I sure as hell hope it's not that. While that may sound logical NOB I think there may be more too it than that. I have quite a few friends down here that are gay and I have never heard them mention any sort of discrimination. I would be interested to hear one of their opinions on this and will make it a point to ask them their thoughts.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:02 am

It seems like a lot of these cases are older gringos getting involved with younger Mexicans some of whom turn out to be hustlers or worse,it happens NOB as well.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 am

There is a unique social phenomenon in Mexico society that supposedly distinguishes the role of the "male" participant in gay sexual activity from the "female" role. According to many, and most commonly found in the less educated members of society, this "male" is not homosexual but is referred to in vulgar terms as a "mayate" while the submissive partner is the real homosexual. The mayate in many relationships of this type receive some sort of economic benefits. And many are actually bisexual with what appears to be a heterosexual preference. These are not the most stable people, emotionally and ethically. Although they aren't necessarily viewed as prostitutes, in essence that is what they are.

In many cases older gay males from other countries will become sugar daddies to some of these young males and wind up as victims in one form or another.

Edit: what viajero said.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 am

Some gays have a different life style which put them more at risk than the heterosexuals. It was the same thing in San Francisco. Nothing to do with gay bashers. If you mess with people who are not too stable you probably will get yourself in trouble.
Brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 am

What Chris said! The potential is there in other arrangements - older male Gringo with younger Mexican female, older female Gringo with younger Mexican male, etc.

I think it is more noticeable as stated by CB since his examples come from areas known to be "gay friendly"?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next