INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confiscation of foreign plated cars?

+16
Carry Bean
slainte39
viajero
Trailrunner
gringal
cosalamx
Jim W
lunateak
cypress
CanuckBob
Ms.Thang
ComputerGuy
Rosa Venus
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
jackak10
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Confiscation of foreign plated cars? - Page 2 Empty Re: Confiscation of foreign plated cars?

Post by MexicoPete Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Yes a four wheel drive makes things much easier the last couple of blocks to my house especially if it has recently rained

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Confiscation of foreign plated cars? - Page 2 Empty Re: Confiscation of foreign plated cars?

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:46 pm

When it's 'skiddy' put a couple of bales of hay or big feed bags in the back over each back tire for traction. Works well.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Also, tires have a HUGE role to play in wet pavement traction. If you experience skidding check your tires. They may be worn down to the point where you are "hydroplaning".

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:47 pm

I live at the top of Villa Nova and found out one day that a Jeep Wrangler will not back up that hill unless in 4 wheel drive even when dry.

First time it has been in 4 wheel drive in 5 years

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:54 pm

cosalamx wrote:
MexicoPete wrote:I have a XM radio in my house. It works great. Oh and Spencer checked with the Toyota dealer. None of the 2013 RAV4s have 4 wheel drive. I guess I will look at the Honda CR-V

Pete, anywhere that you need 4WD, is a place YOU should not be.

I know the line. Drive until you get stuck in 2WD and than put it into 4WD get unstuck and go home LOL.

Pete lives on a real steep hill and when wet 4wd is more than nice. Suburu was the vehicle of choice in the
PNW because of it AWD and all the rain and snow during winter. I admit I never much needed my 4WD but
I think Pete is one person who could actually use it.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Trailrunner wrote:When it's 'skiddy' put a couple of bales of hay or big feed bags in the back over each back tire for traction. Works well.

Not in the Rav4 I had. I weighted down the back end & had the best tires I could find. It still skidded all over. A friend bought a different make of SUV without 4WD after I warned her it was a mistake. She had the same experience. It doesn't matter what you do, if you have an SUV it's a mistake not to get 4WD. I have a Honda Fit now & don't have that problem.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Where is that philanthropist who was going to help everyone sell their cars to the scrap yard... razberry
Better get in line and sell em for $30 before the Government Confiscates Them...

Dead Horse

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2