INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volaris Airlines

+10
zenwoodle
Mainecoons
TrueBrit
Zedinmexico
ChapalaEllis
Playaboy
brigitte
gvprod
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Volaris Airlines Empty Volaris Airlines

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:19 am

If you have booked a flight to Phoenix via Volaris Airlines you better go online and check your itinerary. Volaris has recently changed their schedules and cancelled flights on certain days. My January booking got totally screwed up. I depart 8 hours later and return 36 hours later (at frigging Midnight). They haven't even told their customers. I heard it through the grapevine so just happened to go online and check my reservations. What a mess of a company!!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Volaris Airlines Empty Re: Volaris Airlines

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 am

Should you be attracted by the sometimes low fares on Volaris, I guess you need to be forewarned of some of their unfriendly practices. Changing flight times without notification has been common. In fact, I once received my notification after I returned from a two week trip to Mexico. One also needs to be fully aware of the ever changing baggage policies as it can now get quite expensive if you are traveling with full bags that may exceed their limits. I have even had to go so far that I have printed out their stated policies in case of disagreement at the ticket counter. Like their flight time changes, baggage policies can change between time of booking and your flight.

With these negatives in mind, we have always found the flight crews to be pleasant and accommodating.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:25 am

Well it wouldn't take much to e-mail the customers. They have the e-mail addresses. They won't be in business long if they continue down this road IMO.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 pm

I was notified via email of schedule change in December, they even allowed me to change my departure date with no extra fee.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:34 am

and I was notified by phone. I have taken them nationally every month for the last 6 month and I have not had problems but then i am retired so if they change the flight I stay home on either end whatever it takes no big deal for me and I like the price. Beggars cannot be choosy. Vivaaerobus does the same thing...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:16 am

I assume you are also talking about GDL to Phoenix flights? I wasn't informed nor were three others (also Phoenix flights) I know of, so who knows the rhyme or reason.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:10 am

Was just wandering around the redesigned Volaris website and noticed that they have added a rental car option. Admittedly, this would be of no concern to Mexico residents unless they are interested in renting a vehicle NOB but for us travelers to Mexico, they may be offering a viable alternative to the extortion insurance rates charged by the agencies? It appears that they are offering rental car insurance through Allianz at right around $10/day for weekly rentals versus $35/day that Alamo charges.

I plan to dig deeper to find out just what the coverages are by making calls to both Allianz and the rental car agencies. As an aside, I noticed that some of the agencies were still offering GPS units at their GDL locations.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:17 am

I was referring to a phx-gdl flight this month
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:47 pm

My flight isn't until January. Perhaps they will be e-mailing me in a few weeks..........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Maybe by February?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 am

I fly on Volaris about twice a month. I always buy their "on-time" guarantee.  They now owe me 2 vouchers for 1000 pesos each.  It has been 2 months waiting for one and a month for the other.  I call customer service and get the runaround or get disconnected after being on hold for 45 minutes.
The last time I called them they told me I will receive them in 48 hours.  That means by this Wednesday.
I have documented all my phone calls, e-mail and kept my boarding passes.  I might be making a trip to Profeco next week if I don't receive the vouchers.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapalaEllis Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:08 pm

This is off topic a bit... It’s been awhile since I’ve flown out of GDL. Do you still have to fill out the INM form at the little office in the main lobby before boarding your flight?

Gracias
ChapalaEllis
ChapalaEllis

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:22 pm

If you have a Temporal or Permenante Visa you do. They keep half and give you half which you present to customs when you return to Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:22 pm

ChapalaEllis wrote:This is off topic a bit... It’s been awhile since I’ve flown out of GDL. Do you still have to fill out the INM form at the little office in the main lobby before boarding your flight?

Gracias
Yes you do as CB said.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 pm

If one is so inclined, Volaris is running a Cyber Monday special on joining their VIP Club - $9USD instead of the usual $40USD.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Joining VIP means that they will advise you of itinerary changes prior to the day before?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapalaEllis Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:49 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If you have a Temporal or Permenante Visa you do. They keep half and give you half which you present to customs when you return to Mexico.
Thanks CB!
ChapalaEllis
ChapalaEllis

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Remember the song.... "Volaris. Oh-oh"

Dean Martin/Bobby Rydell - take your pick.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:59 am

CanuckBob wrote:If you have booked a flight to Phoenix via Volaris Airlines you better go online and check your itinerary. Volaris has recently changed their schedules and cancelled flights on certain days. My January booking got totally screwed up. I depart 8 hours later and return 36 hours later (at frigging Midnight). They haven't even told their customers. I heard it through the grapevine so just happened to go online and check my reservations. What a mess of a company!!!!!!
They did the same thing to me, exactly. No notice, I saw a posting on TOB about the change in flights, sure enough they moved me to a flight two days earlier, a real red eye leaving at 12:25 PM. Even at that, the plane was half empty. I won't be surprised if Volaris drops Phoenix pretty quick as my flight from GDL to Phoenix last Saturday was less than half full.

These days, flying is "trial by airline." They should probably start a new TV program, "Airline Survivor." They won't run out of material.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 am

I finally got an e-mail from Volaris advising me of the itinerary change for my flight next week. I guess they only want to give a few days notice versus telling you at the time of the change.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:54 am

One has to wonder if they ever consider that one might be connecting to a flight on another airline? Funny that you bring this up today as I just checked this morning to make sure there hasn't been a change in flights for our trip in Feb. While it makes little difference for us since we are using Southwest Rapid Rewards for our connecting flights, it could get quite expensive on the regular airlines with change fees. And I doubt purchasing the trip insurance on Volaris would compensate for added costs on other airlines.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Well if you booked anything with Volaris I recommend checking your itinerary on their website every week or so as they won't tell you until a few days before the trip.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 am

I am beginning to believe that Volaris has made it their mission to mess with their customers!  While I keep checking to make sure they haven't changed our flight times or days, they did surprise me with an email this morning telling me that their baggage policies changed on Oct. 15th.  When booking our tickets on Dec. 27th, I checked the policies very carefully and it stated 55lb allowed in one checked bag per person and it still says that on their website today.  This new email said 44lbs allowed in the English version but 25kg in the Spanish version.  I called customer service and they told me to ignore the email.  WTF?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:43 am

Sounds like someone at Volaris doesn't know that there are 2.2 pounds per kilogram.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Oh and as a follow-up.............the night before my flight the phone started ringing at about 11:00pm. Every time I answered it there was someone speaking Spanish and I couldn't understand what they were saying. This happened about 4 times in a row. On the 5th call, about 20 minutes later, it was an English speaking guy. he said he was from Volaris and wanted to ensure I knew about the schedule change. I told him I knew about the change 2 months earlier by looking on their website. He said that is good and offered to pre-check me in and assign my seat right there and then. I told him it was 11:20pm and that I was sleeping and not interested in doing all this right now. GO FIGURE!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next