INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The students were burned alive

+24
arbon
Trailrunner
Intercasa
techy1
sparks
Traveller
Ricardo
viajero
dogperson
Explorador
Lady Otter Latté
pamarie
kipissippi
addtocart
CanuckBob
Smartalex
halcon
slainte39
confused
Oldyfeliz
Jim W
espíritu del lago
Ms.Thang
brigitte
28 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The students were burned alive - Page 5 Empty Re: The students were burned alive

Post by arbon Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:39 pm

viajero wrote:
Smartalex wrote:Silly me...I thought Spencer was joking about ridiculous conspiracy theories.
Apparently not.
Call me naive but I just find his suggestion that the Mexican government purposely blew up a maternity hospital to deflect attention from the normalista scandal both insulting and absurd.

There are crimes of commission and crimes of omission, take you pick or ask your uncle.

arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The students were burned alive - Page 5 Empty Re: The students were burned alive

Post by viajero Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:48 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Really......... but you don't find the Mexican government up to their eyeballs in the student burning fiasco insulting and absurd????
Bob,all I'm saying is that I find the idea that the Mexican government would blow up a hospital full of mothers and newborn babies in order to deflect attention from the normalista scandal very very hard to believe and I question the judgement of anyone who would suggest such a theory.
Besides,do you really think that they would use a...Nieto Gas truck...to blow up the hospital??

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by halcon Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:01 pm

a friendly reminder, and i quote....." in mexico, anything is possible ! "
halcon
halcon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : if it's funny,i laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:36 pm

viajero wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Really......... but you don't find the Mexican government up to their eyeballs in the student burning fiasco insulting and absurd????
Bob,all I'm saying is that I find the idea that the Mexican government would blow up a hospital full of mothers and newborn babies in order to deflect attention from the normalista scandal very very hard to believe and I question the judgement of anyone who would suggest such a theory.
Besides,do you really think that they would use a...Nieto Gas truck...to blow up the hospital??

Everyone knows that a couple of you have had a "hard on" for Spencer for quite some time. Taking umbrage with a sarcastic comment and bringing up shit that he posted years ago is petty and vindictive IMO. And you are fully aware of what some Mexican "politicians" are capable of. Blowing something up near a hospital is mild compared to some of their escapades. Go spend some time reading the archives of Borderland Beat. It might cure your naivety.......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Well, I have no "hard on" for Spencer, don't even know him, but find the statement appalling, and would say so, even if someone I knew really well and respected greatly, would have said it.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:42 pm

It was a rhetorical statement. How many of you dont find it impossible that Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor prior to the incident?

Remember, this is the rumor section and people have talked about it, obviously it isnt confirmed but that is why it is a rumor
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:41 am

slaint39 wrote:Well, I have no "hard on" for Spencer, don't even know him, but find the statement appalling, and would say so, even if someone I knew really well and respected greatly, would have said it.

slant, I can't believe you are saying that no crime was committed.

What about the 2009 Hermosillo daycare center fire.

Daycare fire
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 am

arbon wrote:
slaint39 wrote:Well, I have no "hard on" for Spencer, don't even know him, but find the statement appalling, and would say so, even if someone I knew really well and respected greatly, would have said it.

Daycare fire

I didn't say that.
A crime may have been committed as the driver and his helpers have been arrested and there is some kind of evidence of negligence because of a broken hose.  I just don't believe that there was a conspiracy at the highest level to manufacture this tragedy.  

So did EPN send someone down to cut the hose when the delivery guys weren't looking or were they part of the plan to sabotage the gas truck and was it supposed to be a small explosion or really big one to make everyone forget about the missing students, and are the rumors that Spencer alludes to (about the conspiracy theory) unintended consequences that will eventually create more distrust in the government?
Could  it be the act of some political opposition that knew this would create the kind of backlash against the government that is starting to foment?
There are a lot of possibilities here, and I don't think one size fits all.

And then there is the possibility that it might have been a terrible accident, but that would be too simple.

A quick PS here...
How many people will forget that there are 43 missing students because of this tragedy. You would have to have a really short attention span.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 am

slainte39 wrote:
arbon wrote:

Daycare fire

I didn't say that.
A crime may have been committed as the driver and his helpers have been arrested and there is some kind of evidence of negligence because of a broken hose.  I just don't believe that there was a conspiracy at the highest level to manufacture this tragedy.  

So no one here thinks it might have been typical Mexico? A huge gas tank being located in the basement of a hospital of all places? Sloppy work by the gas truck driver and helper, who neither one gives a sh*t? Building construction that leaves the steel framework in place and all the bricks and concrete, which are held in place by little more than gravity, collapsed to the ground?
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:02 am

In response to comments made yesterday about Spencer:

I, for one. greatly appreciate Spencer and all the effort he takes trying to answer our many questions. What's more he is one of the few from north of the border who speaks, to the best of my knowledge, native Mexican Spanish.

I say, to the best of my knowledge, because although I speak the language, I do it so poorly, that I can't tell whether or not he does, speak it perfectly.

Thank you Spencer for all of your help. And I add very nervously, being from Seattle, GO SEAHAWKS.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:35 am

addtocart wrote:
So no one here thinks it might have been typical Mexico?  A huge gas tank being located in the basement of a hospital of all places?  Sloppy work by the gas truck driver and helper, who neither one gives a sh*t?  Building construction that leaves the steel framework in place and all the bricks and concrete, which are held in place by little more than gravity, collapsed to the ground?
That's exactly how I see it.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:39 am

"So no one here thinks it might have been typical Mexico?" addtocart
Interesting extrapolation of the comments made by a few people here. How did you get from them to NO ONE thinks?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:41 am

viajero wrote:
addtocart wrote:
So no one here thinks it might have been typical Mexico?  A huge gas tank being located in the basement of a hospital of all places?  Sloppy work by the gas truck driver and helper, who neither one gives a sh*t?  Building construction that leaves the steel framework in place and all the bricks and concrete, which are held in place by little more than gravity, collapsed to the ground?
That's exactly how I see it.

That would be omission then, ...by how many government departments.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:43 am

arbon wrote:
The government didn't start that fire.Their failure to prosecute those who were at fault was the crime the government commited.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:50 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"So no one here thinks it might have been typical Mexico?" addtocart
Interesting extrapolation of the comments made by a few people here. How did you get from them to NO ONE thinks?

Please show the comments you are alluding to.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:51 am

Why?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 am

MexicoPete wrote:In response to comments made yesterday about Spencer:

I, for one. greatly appreciate Spencer and all the effort he takes trying to answer our many questions. What's more he is one of the few from north of the border who speaks, to the best of my knowledge, native Mexican Spanish.
There is no question in my mind that Spencer has provided a service to expats needing help with their tramites,I've even stated on this forum that I thought his fees were reasonable,that said I don't agree with a lot of the posts he's made in the past including the one he made yesterday.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:56 am

viajero wrote:
arbon wrote:
The government didn't start that fire.Their failure to prosecute those who were at fault was the crime the government commited.

So you don't know about building inspection, electrical inspection, or permits granted to operate a day care.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:05 am

arbon wrote:

So you don't know about building inspection, electrical inspection, or permits granted to operate a day care.
You're funny arbon,I was a contractor for many years in California,the building inspectors I worked with would be positively apoplectic if they saw some of shit that gets by here.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:16 am

arbon wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

viajero wrote:You're funny arbon,I was a contractor for many years in California,the building inspectors I worked with would be positively apoplectic if they saw some of shit that gets by here.

That is the crime of omission.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:35 am

viajero wrote:
arbon wrote:

I was a contractor for many years in California,the building inspectors I worked with would be positively apoplectic if they saw some of shit that gets by here.

¿What types of Licenses did you have?

California Contractor License Classifications
1.General Engineering Contractor
2.General Building Contractor
3.Specialty Contractor
4.Insulation and Acoustical Contractor
5.Boiler, Hot Water Heating and Steam Fitting Contractor
6.Framing and Rough Carpentry Contractor
7.Cabinet, Millwork and Finish Carpentry Contractor
8.Low Voltage Systems Contractor
9.Concrete Contractor
10.Drywall Contractor
11.Electrical Contractor
12.Elevator Contractor
13.Earthwork and Paving Contractors
14.Fencing Contractor
15.Metal Roofing Contractor
16.Flooring and Floor Covering Contractors
17.Fire Protection Contractor
18.Glazing Contractor
19.Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Contractor
20.Building Moving/Demolition Contractor
21.Ornamental Metal Contractor
22.Lathing Contractor
23.Landscaping Contractor
24.Lock and Security Equipment Contractor
25.Masonry Contractor
26.Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor
27.Parking and Highway Improvement Contractor
28.Painting and Decorating Contractor
29.Pipeline Contractor
30.Lathing and Plastering Contractor
31.Plumbing Contractor
32.Refrigeration Contractor
33.Roofing Contractor
34.Sanitation System Contractor
35.Sheet Metal Contractor
36.Sign Contractor
37.Solar Contractor
38.General Manufactured Housing Contractor
39.Reinforcing Steel Contractor
40.Structural Steel Contractor
41.Swimming Pool Contractor
42.Ceramic and Mosaic Tile Contractor
43.Water Conditioning Contractor
44.Water Well Drilling Contractor
45.Welding Contractor
46.. Limited Specialty
47.Asbestos Certification
48.Hazardous Substance Removal Certification
49.HIC - Home Improvement Certification
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:50 am

I was no. 50....you left it off. lol!
Can't remember the title.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:04 pm

arbon wrote:

¿What types of Licenses did you have?

2.General Building Contractor

That one.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 pm

since it's trotting out license time-yer an engineer arbone- so what is yer pro disignation?
and stop me if i is wrong but one can even get a licence as a building contractor if ya graduated from kindergarten. -no? just pay a gummint agency and there ya go. ya probly only gotta sign with an X.
yes spencer comes out with some weird stough once in a while but he's got degrees coming out his yingyang and woiking on more. trumps kinergarten-don't it-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:11 pm

slainte39 wrote:I was no. 50....you left it off. lol!
Can't remember the title.
is that like lining up at the deli with one o' them tickets to be next fer service?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Pedro wrote:
and stop me if i is wrong but one can even get a licence as a building contractor if ya graduated from kindergarten. -no? just pay a gummint agency and there ya go. ya probly only gotta sign with an X.
Yes,you're wrong....again.
When I got my General Contractors license in California in 1985 you had to prove that you had been working in the trades at a supervisory level for a number of years,the test was a two day affair, half about building codes and construction methods and half about safety and business law.In the auditorium where the test was held they had people walking the aisles to make sure no one was cheating,maybe they're more lax where you're from.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next