INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mining in Mexico

+14
Lady Otter Latté
benjji
sparks
Zedinmexico
slainte39
mattoleriver
oncesubtle
Smartalex
CanuckBob
Pedro
Semalu
hockables
brigitte
viajero
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mining in Mexico - Page 3 Empty Re: Mining in Mexico

Post by brigitte Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Chiapas may be a small state but it has huge potential for mines and I have a list of all the concessions for explotation and exploration . Men from a village asked me to explain to them the difference between explotation and exploration. From their questions I can tell they were not aware of the difference between the 2 and they also were not aware that accords had been signed  which they should have been since these things are first discussed and approved in a general assembly of the men in the village.
As I said before they have the right to prevent the companies to enter their territories but this great nasty disputes and often murders between the various parties.
Here is a another interesting link re the mines in Chiapas. please note that the Canadian companis are in business with Mexican corporations so the Canadians are not the only guilty party.

http://mineriaenlinea.com/2013/11/mexico-chiapas-si-tiene-potencial-minero-85-empresas-concesionaron-el-20-de-su-territorio/

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:14 pm

If there 200 plus mining companies in Mexico 85 of them are in Chiapas , 20% of the state is covered by concessions. Many of them are not accessible  because the locals are blocking the access to the area but that it is more than a small problem in Chiapas.

That does not include the amber mines that have nothing to do with Canada. Those are being taken over by the Chinese who pay 2500 pesos a month rental per month per mine. There is also a major problem in the Simojovel area but it is of a differnt nature.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:17 pm

Are Canadian mining companies getting away with murder?

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:29 pm

slainte39 wrote:Some of the people who went ballistic over the criticism of Canadian mining operations have went silent. CBob is like Horatio at the bridge.

Not at all. I stand by the fact that mining has benefited Mexico financially and not all Canadian mining companies can be painted with the same brush. Alex can google all the crap he wants (he is good at it as he has demonstrated in a few of his other 20+ page posts) but at the end of the day it will all be about the same issues by a few mining companies.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:42 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
slainte39 wrote:Some of the people who went ballistic over the criticism of Canadian mining operations have went silent. CBob is like Horatio at the bridge.

Not at all. I stand by the fact that mining has benefited Mexico financially and not all Canadian mining companies can be painted with the same brush. Alex can google all the crap he wants (he is good at it as he has demonstrated in a few of his other 20+ page posts) but at the end of the day it will all be about the same issues by a few mining companies.
indeed he is the google king and i doubt that the briget can communicate effectively with anyone from the backwoods of chiapas and really has no idea where the majority of mines are, in any event. i ain't silent and i haven't gone ballistic unlike the google king and a coupla others who got nothing better to do than slag canucklehead mining companies.canucklehead mining companies are tops like we canuckles are in hockey so merkin companies learned from us except we don't shyte in our own mess kit like them merkin mining companies do. google that crap alexander.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:01 am

oncesubtle wrote: Come to think of it the Canadian mining interests probably interned under the big multinational American mining corps. That kind of behavior has to be learned.  jajajaja

How right you are Oncesubtle!! In fact, Goldcorp is one of the biggest offenders in Alex's links and the President of Goldcorp is none other than Charles Jeannes who is an American. I'm sure if I Google some of the other offenders we will get similar results. Perhaps "the reporter" can look into this.......jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:07 am

Actually the Canadian mines are doing what all the other corporations do, once away from the regulations of their own country they break all the rules they were under..wether Canadian , US, British or French all rules go by the wayside.
When I was working for a large corporation the lawyers would drill into us all the does and don´t which were obviously not followed when you looked at the African or French or Latin American sides of the corporation...it is human nature.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:14 am

That could be said for any industry doing business in another country. I imagine the auto industry here doesn't follow the same rules and regulations as back home either. They will do (or not do) what is allowable in the country of operation. It is up to the Mexican government (elected by the people) to create regulations and enforce them if they are concerned about it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:23 am

Yes it is up to the Mexican government and the Canadian mines all working with a Mexican corporation in Chiapas and they are all doing what they are best at: filling up their pockets and using their lawyers to screw the poor ignorant and crooked indigenous leaders.. It is a sad story. Only the Zapatisas and a few communities keep them out and there are nasty internal battles about the mines and letting them in or not. Many a times the regulations are there and so is corruption.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:41 pm

For those interested there is a Mexican site from the secretari de economia listing all the mining companies that are financed by foreign companies...I think it shows that Canada is in good company with a whole lot of other countries in the mining dpt.

I also find interesting that the comapnies I know about in Chiapas do not apear on the list o something is off since they also show mining that has been postponed and the paper was talking about 85 companies having concessions in Chiapas, maybe they appear under National on this list and Canadian /Mexican on the list that is circulated in the assemblies or maybe these are just concession and the explotation has not started..who knows but nevertheless it is interesting information.

http://portalweb.sgm.gob.mx/economia/en/mexico-mining/mining-companies.html

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Hmmm.....Brigitte that is the same link I posted for you on page 2 of this thread. Glad you had a look at it. It is very interesting.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:10 pm

Mining is just a dirty business fact of life. I don't see difference between Canada/USA/Australia/French/others behavior and I have been to a lot of mines in my life for my work. I make no specific comment on mines in Mexico just mines in general. Yep we all use the products that mines make as CB says.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Chinese had/have a large mine up in the mountains from here (south of La Huerta) and it was closed by locals for environmental reasons. Drove past a few months ago and only guards watching over it
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:20 pm

Cbob What is interesting about the list is that none of the mines I know about in Chiapas are on that list.
Who knows maybe many of the mines I have heard of are all under the same company so only appear under one corporation on the government list.
In any case the list of concessions for 50 years that I was given is several pages long so something is off somewhere for a change.
Also all the concessions were to Canadian/ Mexican corporations there was no other country involved .

The Chinese in Simojovel , Chis are another story ..so they would not appear on any government list.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:19 pm

For folks interested in learning more on a steady basic here is a website on mining with much news and comments. This site is heavy on Canadian mining story content.

http://www.mining.com/

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:57 pm

sparks wrote:Chinese had/have a large mine up in the mountains from here (south of La Huerta) and it was closed by locals for environmental reasons.  Drove past a few months ago and only guards watching over it

The Chinese learned all they know about mining in America...  during Western Expansion they used Chinese Labor both in the Mining & Railroad Industries....  They'd light the fuse on a stick of dynamite and get The Chinese Worker ta Run It Into The Tunnel.............................................................. O . . . . . .   Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:35 pm

hockables wrote:
sparks wrote:Chinese had/have a large mine up in the mountains from here (south of La Huerta) and it was closed by locals for environmental reasons.  Drove past a few months ago and only guards watching over it

The Chinese learned all they know about mining in America...  during Western Expansion they used Chinese Labor both in the Mining & Railroad Industries....  They'd  light the fuse on a stick of dynamite and get The Chinese Worker ta Run It Into The Tunnel.............................................................. O . . . . . .   Beer
And when the railroads were finished and the mining slowed down we tried to give them the boot with the Chinese Exclusion Act,but they wouldn't leave,they just opened up restaurants....

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:38 pm

and laundrys
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Another interesting news about mining in Michoacan
http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/in-aquila-a-drug-cartel-wanted-its-share/

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by indijones Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:27 pm

The issue in chiapas was: failure to meet with village council for voting aproval from community...... at the voting is when the community would have asked for $$$$ for the benefit of the community. I was very shocked to see the lack of management following the guidelines to have a successfull operation in that region. I would be very upset if i owned any shares of that company knowing the mistake they did.

I have some knowledge in mining in mexico... i helped fix a problem with blackstone capital on a large scale operation....

Taking care of the workers and being respectfull is a good way to operate a mine in mexico.

For anyone interested in participating in the financing of a privatly held mining operation in mexico send me a message.

We have secured the village council approval to mine the region, we have our demolition permits in order... the last phase is production and we need capital

indijones

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:26 am

indijones wrote:The issue in chiapas was: failure to meet with village council for voting aproval from community......   at the voting is when the community would have asked for $$$$ for the benefit of the community.  I was very shocked to see the lack of management following the guidelines to have a successfull operation in that region.  I would be very upset if i owned any shares of that company knowing the mistake they did.    

I have some knowledge in mining in mexico...  i helped fix a problem with blackstone capital on a large scale operation....

Taking care of the workers and being respectfull is a good way to operate a mine in mexico.

For anyone interested in participating in the financing of a privatly held mining operation in mexico send me a message.

We have secured the village council approval to mine the region, we have our demolition permits in order...   the last phase is production and we need capital
What are you going to be mining for?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:32 am

Investors Twisted Evil
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:43 am

do well experienced canuckle mining companies or for that matter any mining companies find it necessary to look for investors on a dinky web board in mexico if they have discovered a potentially lucrative play?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:50 am

What type of mine in which village?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by indijones Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Its a 950 acre property that contains silver.
We used a gsm magnetometer to locate 16 veins on 20% of the desired work area.
I had a u.s. road ing at the property to evaluate road access.
I used a u.sm based geology company that uses the xrf nitton equipment for analysis.
The company i will bring to area has the employee refistered and certified to use the demolition items.
The ore will be shipped to penoles in torreon for extraction and market value payment minus exttaction fees.
Lumber yard on the same region to purchase wood for shoring.

I am a jr mining company that has refused to be taken public by new york investment firms. (I did not want to loose control of my project)
I have refused financing for 50% of the project by well known successful canadian mining company.

As far as a web board.... i saw the 800 plus views... there is a strong interest in precious metals......

For what is worth, everyone that has reas my posts now know what happened in chiapas with the lack of village council approval.... village council in all of mexico meets the 3rd sunday of every month...

indijones

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:58 pm

silver is currently selling for less than the mining cost and is trending lower....your deal sounds a little like....losing money Monday thru Saturday but making it up by not mining on Sunday

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next