INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radar on HWY 15D

+7
JayBear
Trailrunner
jrm30655
SunshineyDay
sm1mex
slainte39
CanuckBob
11 posters

Go down

Radar on HWY 15D Empty Radar on HWY 15D

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm

I have driven the 15D Cuota highway to Tequila, Tepic or the coast, 40 to 50 times in the last couple of years and have never seen the Federales with a radar trap until today. As usual I was speeding beyond the posted limited so was naturally a good target. By the time I slowed and came to a stop the Federale had to leave his post and drive up to my vehicle. He told me the speed limit was 110KMH and then produced this hilarious looking radar gun that indicated I was doing 138KMH. The device looked like something a kid would buy for $20.00 from Radio Shack. It certainly wasn't a quality device. Anyhow, he didn't speak any English and my Spanish is not conversional but I think he asked me if I wanted a ticket or preferred to pay a fine on the spot. I told him I was sorry and  wished to have a ticket. He hummed and hawed and then either asked if I had some cervaza or if I was drinking cervaza. My answer either way was no (since it was before noon). He then asked to check the luggage in my trunk. I showed it to him. He handed me back my license and papers, told me to slow down (I think) and said adios. He didn't seem to be prepared to write any tickets and I really suspect he was "freelancing" with his radar gun. Be warned.

BTW.......he did seem to be impressed that I had a Jalisco DL but was unhappy I couldn't speak Spanish that well.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Radar on HWY 15D Empty Re: Radar on HWY 15D

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:44 am

There were Policia Federal along cuota 54D between Manzanillo and Ciudad Guzman with radar stopping cars on Sunday last.
Not interested in our 80k/hr crowd.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:46 am

I'm glad when you showed him your luggage he didn't take it from you. Do they have the right to just look at your stuff on a whim?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:01 am

Federales have a pretty wide range of authority. As an example, they can revoke your visa, take you to the border and give you the punt. They have power similar to homeland security in the US so I think they can check anything they want........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:46 am

All the more reason to behave yourself!:)

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:01 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I have driven the 15D Cuota highway to Tequila, Tepic or the coast, 40 to 50 times in the last couple of years and have never seen the Federales with a radar trap until today. As usual I was speeding beyond the posted limited so was naturally a good target. By the time I slowed and came to a stop the Federale had to leave his post and drive up to my vehicle. He told me the speed limit was 110KMH and then produced this hilarious looking radar gun that indicated I was doing 138KMH. The device looked like something a kid would buy for $20.00 from Radio Shack. It certainly wasn't a quality device. Anyhow, he didn't speak any English and my Spanish is not conversional but I think he asked me if I wanted a ticket or preferred to pay a fine on the spot. I told him I was sorry and  wished to have a ticket. He hummed and hawed and then either asked if I had some cervaza or if I was drinking cervaza. My answer either way was no (since it was before noon). He then asked to check the luggage in my trunk. I showed it to him. He handed me back my license and papers, told me to slow down (I think) and said adios. He didn't seem to be prepared to write any tickets and I really suspect he was "freelancing" with his radar gun. Be warned.

BTW.......he did seem to be impressed that I had a Jalisco DL but was unhappy I couldn't speak Spanish that well.

My Spanish is horrible and gets much worse around a cop. The last Federale I ran across, I was doing about twice the speed limit and he finally gave up and waved me on.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Federales have a pretty wide range of authority. As an example, they can revoke your visa, take you to the border and give you the punt. They have power similar to homeland security in the US so I think they can check anything they want........

Me too! They scare the shit outta me! They are ALL powerful, they can do anything they want. I first learned that back in the hippy 60s when I was coming down here regularly from So CA. They are thugs.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Let your wife drive! Me, by the time I get out of the car, and look flustered and hem and haw and apologize and ask for the ticket and apologize (again) for my poor Spanish and have to go back in the car for my purse, and look on the verge of tears, they wave me on. Being a PIA has its advantages! So does driving under the speed limit.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:30 am

jrm30655 wrote:

My Spanish is horrible and gets much worse around a cop.  The last Federale I ran across, I was doing about twice the speed limit and he finally gave up and waved me on.

I'll help your Spanish a little......there isn't any such word as "federale".
The entire force is Policia Federal (Highway Patrol would be a translation in English), sometimes commonly referred to as "Federales".Just one would be a "Federal".  Same with tamal, equipal, and other words (Spanish) that end with the letter "L".  Foreigners tend to add an "E" at the end.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringo_pv Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:12 am

Two of them pulled me over a few kilometers north of Joco, coming home from PV, 2 weeks ago. Very cordial, only looked at my license, and vehicle docs. I expected worse, as I was about 40 over the limit.

As usual, my Spanish turns to babble when these guys appear, but they told me to get home safe.

gringo_pv

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:16 am

slainte39 wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:

My Spanish is horrible and gets much worse around a cop.  The last Federale I ran across, I was doing about twice the speed limit and he finally gave up and waved me on.

The entire force is Policia Federal (Highway Patrol would be a translation in English), sometimes commonly referred to as "Federales".Just one would be a "Federal".  Same with tamal, equipal, and other words (Spanish) that end with the letter "L".  Foreigners tend to add an "E" at the end.

Oh geeesh........that is a big help. Thanks for the "tip".......jajaja. Next time I will tell them we are friends (if that's OK).

razberry

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:29 am

A "cop" by any other name is still a "cop".... Same with a "bribe"....
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by gobluejohn Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:44 am

here is an idea Don't SPEEED, are we all retired, yet have to be there ASAP, me I don't get it
gobluejohn
gobluejohn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 am

gobluejohn wrote:here is an idea Don't SPEEED, are we all retired, yet have to be there ASAP, me I don't get it
I agree....  I used to curse "old men with hats" behind the wheel, poking along....  Now I am one (without the hat)!

I wonder about the other expats and how they are calm, cool and collected until they get behind the wheel.... dare I say like a lot of our Mexican hosts get when they are behind the wheel?
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:31 am

Sorry gents I'm 20 years behind ya but will heed your advice when the time comes...... Very Happy

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:59 am

If you live long enough!
Slow down, live longer, what's the rush?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelB Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:13 pm

I think the rush was to hurry and fill up the boot with Tequila              Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:30 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:

Oh geeesh........that is a big help. Thanks for the "tip".......jajaja. Next time I will tell them we are friends (if that's OK).

razberry

It's OK, but that will get you even less of a chance of a "pass"......they don't like my friends.
Better off babbling in Spanglish and calling him, Sr. Federale.......and buy the next round Beer Beer Beer....or two...or three.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down