INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TelMex Meeting

+15
solajijic
Kiri
REC
slainte39
hickton
gringal
MexicoPete
NoVaDamer
caligirl108
Bill Phillips
CanuckBob
tkessler2
sm1mex
SunFan
Trailrunner
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TelMex Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: TelMex Meeting

Post by SunFan Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 am

Trailrunner wrote:lol But, tell me, where did you hear that the hospital and WM have invested in fiber optic for later this year? Are you saying TM will supply them with fiber optics or who?

Our Frac has been battling with TelMex for several years to improve services. When our Board escalated to TelMex Head Office we got an offer of a repeater (at our expense) or wait for a tap into fiber they're brining in for two commercial customers.

SunFan

SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:12 pm

MexicoPete wrote:
SunFan wrote:
tkessler2 wrote:Hi SunFan,

The double 50 includes a Chapala phone line and Internet service.   The Triple 50 adds the TV channels.  If you don't get the TV package, you can still get TV channels by subscribing to an IPTV like USTVNOW or Nitro TV.  You just need to hook up a Roku or Android TV box.

Tom

Great packages. After 6 years of max 1.6 mbps, frequent freezes, inaction and lies from TelMex I would do anything to get away from them.

SunFan

I guess it all depends upon where you live. I live close to the Telmex office and the telephone wires up the streets to where I live were replaced maybe 8 years ago. I have very reliable service from Telmex. I get

TelMex Meeting - Page 2 7066990970

Others in some parts of Chapala get twice that speed.  I guess it all depends upon how close you live to your DSLAM card and how new the wiring is.

Sure I would love faster speeds. And of course Telmex will increase there speeds should competition come along and threaten their dominance

While it may be reliable, 10mbps is pathetic now a days.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:21 pm

I just sent in my application for the 50 mbps plan contract.

I urge anyone who has inferior service from TelMex to sign up. It would truly be a shame if this initiative failed for lack of support.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Having enough people signing up isn't a problem, having them pay for it in advance could be a challenge. I would certainly be willing to sign a contract that I will pay once the wire is at my house and I am getting the 50mbps as agreed.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 pm

That's how I feel too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:39 am

Thanks for all the input.. I too have a condo issue. To get 200 prepayments I think requires a meeting.. Then we can see where we stand by people showing up, questions like these answered. Unless that happens it is very unlikely to get high season owners to kick in to the possibility of change - 'wait & see' is too easy for them. Ilox doing a public Q&A would be a show of force - esp on the heels of TelMex no show.. Could actually recruit people who missed the 1st wave..

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 am

And in this country it is not customary to pay for goods or services up front - and for good reason. I'd be surprised if Mexicans would pay for this on the if/come.

Whatever. If it happens, I will be a customer.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 am

This is sounding like one of those dilemmas where "if you build it, they will come" and the dubious among us naturally want to see it built first.
They "guarantee" that if it isn't built, everyone's money will be refunded, but c'mon....that's just words.  We've all heard about "pre-sold" condo projects where no condo happened and the investors lost their money.
This is the basic problem with this project: The up front payment is strictly faith based.
Does anyone know of an example where this company successfully completed this type of project, using the same method of collecting the money up front?  Let's hear about it.  Most of us would be happy to dump Telmex for better service, but.....

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by tkessler2 Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 am

@Caligirl,

I can try to do a visit to your HOA with Ilox..Would have to be after the 10th Mar. as I still work and am travelling.

Two things to keep in mind.

1) If your development has underground services, it'll be up to the residents to fix the access, probably working with the HOA.  Does anyone in your condo have Telecable now?  If they are getting in, Ilox should be able to.  Maybe you can rally that meeting.

2) When the necessary prepaids pay in, Ilox will open an office and migrate towards  a normal presence.  Before several hundred people committed, lakeside wasn't even on their radar, much like Telmex.  All of their resources were assigned to other projects . They don't have the administrative bandwidth right now to chase a market that was outside their plans.  We have to confirm to them that minimal level of interest.  So far we have and they are responding.   The prepaids will be rewarded with service much quicker than the wait-and-see's, as it should be..

@Gringal

There is no similarity between Ilox and a condo developer. The former is a federally licensed carrier who has millions of dollars already invested in insfrastructure and is already providing carrier grade services to hundreds of businesses. As fate would have it, the main artery of their fiber ring goes through Jocotepec. They are not going to risk their concession over a couple of hundred signups totalling a few million pesos. They successfully provide cable TV service to all these communities:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CrP64sXN0FWdVk_AKXqRHpKMymu3K6jBkRB0GeoUND8/edit#gid=0

A lot of rural communities would give their eye teeth to have high speed fiber. But the business case has to compete with other more lucrative areas. Ilox is just not going to assign resources to build a fiber network in Ajijic now unless enough residents show interest. We're at nearly 470 pledges now and only about half of those will have to pay in for the project to go ahead. It would be great if the people sitting on the fence could come over to that side. You are also welcome to visit Ilox offices in GDL and meet Jessica. She's a lovely person and can answer your questions. Several lakeside attorneys have reviewed the agreements and given them clean bills of health.

thanks,
Tom

tkessler2

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 am

I'm afraid there is a parallel between more than one enterprise undertaken in Mexico and investors losing money; not just condos.

I do applaud your enthusiasm and wish all the investors success. When it becomes a reality, I'll be there with my money to sign up.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:33 am

On the provided link there are so many small communities, mazamitla for one, that are in the middle of no where.
How can they be on this main link?
Did mazamitla residents pay up front?
Did they ask for the service?
Tequis the same.
In those villages there no expat communities with a ready demand and full wallet like lakeside.surely if they saw a demand in mazamitla lakeside would be next obvious market.
Why is there no service in queretaro itself?
Thats a huge market.i know this for a fact as i have just opened a business there and looked at all internet options.
Too many unanswered questions for me regarding backup service when it goes down and this pre payment is just strange for a high tech communication company to ask for.
No input from ilox themselves. No canvassing. No advertizing. No market research apart from a private individual who has done a great job.
If it does go ahead great but i wont be paying upfront and will be waiting to see how reliable the system is before i sign up.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 am

Well I don't think Ilox will skip with the money but I do think it will take significantly longer than the end of the year to run all those wires. Hopefully there is enough people with deep pockets to be out the $10,000 pesos or so for as long as it does take. Unfortunately I'm not one of them......I wish I was.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tkessler2 Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:00 am

@Hickton

Good points.  Ilox is the business Internet division of TV Rey group out of Sahuayo, Michoacan.  All those communites you see have TV Rey cable service.  These guys have been in business for 22 years.  Zamora, Tequisquiapan, and I think Ezequial Montes are the only residential areas where they turned up GPON fiber.  Of course they provide a lot of business fiber.

You're right, no canvassing, no advertizing, No market research apart....why do you have that expectation.?  You're not in the United States.   As mentioned, they have plenty of business customers elsewhere...You think they want to pick a fight with Telmex over a bunch of  foreigners in Ajijic?  The 460+ signups are the successful market research.  They have the fiber ring.  We asked.  People responded.   You will begin seeing much deeper involvement from them here on out...

tkessler2

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:24 am

thanks for your response tom.
i wouldnt know about what happens north of the border in not from there, but in any business you need some market research, particularly consumer orientated.most obvious is, if there was this service available would you pay upfront ? if this service was available would you subscibe ?
to get a perspective from a few hundred folk on two web boards doesnt really give a full picture imho. infact im sure you would get much more interest and a more complete survey by having a couple of people outside walmart for a week.
still so many unanswered questions about service backup especially as they are a small company.how quickly will they respond for example ? will they have technincians to do repairs ?
still dont understand how mazamitla can have rey tv when its miles from any ring .
anyway you are doing a great job for them tom and hope it works out. we do need much better internet speeds in general, and competition is always good.
with telmex i actually have found them to be ok, but my 5 mbps is poor.many parts of chapala and riberas get 10 or 20mbps maybe one day they will get the rest of us into 21st century, if not ilox.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Wouldn't Mazamitla be right on the ring if it is coming/going from/to Zamora and Sahuayo, much closer than Ajijic is to Jocotepec. That area is very productive and financially sound in the world of "real" Mexican business entrepreneurship.
A few foreign owned small businesses and many small Mexiican owned commercial endeavors are not the same.  There isn't even  much agricultural dynamics on the Chapala part of the north shore until you get to Jocotepec.  Think "berries"....thousands of hectarias, thousand of  workers, thousands of orders,....worldwide.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am

I am definitely signing up and paying in advance. I accept that it is possible that I could lose that money and never get the service but that is a risk I am willing to take for the opportunity to have dramatically higher internet speeds. And I see that as a relatively small risk. I see it as sort of a GoFundMe approach which is very common NOB. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am

In my case I have no other choice. For the past 6 years I've lived here TelMex has screwed me around with false promises and is  unwilling/unable to deliver anything above 1.6 mbps. Even then there are drops every few minutes.

I can't enjoy even a basic level of service like video streaming.

I see TelMex even screwed us up with the cancellation of their community meeting last week. What a bunch of clowns.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:42 am

TelMex Meeting - Page 2 7084444214

The "Finest Infrastructure Lakeside"...
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:03 pm

You pay your money and you take your chances.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:10 pm

SunFan wrote:
I can't enjoy even a basic level of service like video streaming. SunFan

Mine is absolutely not a jab at you, but as a person who has been associated with technology all my life, it struck me as funny to call 'video streaming' a basic level of service! Wasn't that long ago when all anyone had was dial-up that maybe one could send a short email across. smash comp
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:11 pm

YUP! And, you weren't even connected to the internet while you read the e-mail and typed a response. Anyone remember Eudora?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Hell, I remember Archie and Veronica search engines!
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm

RickS wrote:Hell, I remember Archie and Veronica search engines!

AKA "The Library"?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Right - remember the boop-de-wawa-zing-zing of the dial up modem.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 pm

I'd kill for dial-up again.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I'd kill for dial-up again.

128 kps? Surely you have better speed than that?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next