INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hepatitis A and B and typhoid vaccine

+7
conejorapido
Carry Bean
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
ferret
brigitte
MiguelHeron
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hepatitis A and B and typhoid vaccine Empty Hepatitis A and B and typhoid vaccine

Post by MiguelHeron Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Is it easy to get these vaccinations in Mexico? Any idea of the cost? Thanks.
MiguelHeron
MiguelHeron

Humor : Bone dry

Back to top Go down

Hepatitis A and B and typhoid vaccine Empty Re: Hepatitis A and B and typhoid vaccine

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:44 pm

yes it is easy.. Be aware that there are paratyphoid bugs as well so it only vaccinates yo against one strand..
I do not remember the cost but I remember for the Hepatitis having to do it several times..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hepatitis A and B and typhoid vaccine Empty Re: Hepatitis A and B and typhoid vaccine

Post by MiguelHeron Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Thanks Brigitte
MiguelHeron
MiguelHeron

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:19 pm

There are over TWO THOUSAND varieties of Salmonella BESIDES Salmonella typhi that can cause intestinal distress.
Wash your hands, boost your immune system and be careful what you eat and drink and where. imho.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Agree. If you don't have it, get Hep A for sure, and Hep C - a series of 3. Typhoid too, I guess. Or not. Guess it depends on if you're a gamblin' man or not.

Last edited by Trailrunner on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Agreed and get check when you feel something is wrong. Salmonella can kill you . Many indigenous die from it.. The brother of my godson had it for a while no doubt and it busted his intestine. He was operated at 2 am and was saved.. the next day the same thing happened and his parents wanted to take him home to die. I convinced them to risk the second surgery and the kid was saved. Six months later he is still following a strict diet.. That stuff is really nasty if not treated.
Vaccination can only help f you get the right stran..Better wash your hands and be careful of what you eat and get checked periodically.
Salmonella hit the indigenous in Mexico very badly after the Spaniards came in with their farm animals. Millions died.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelHeron Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:30 am

Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize there was a vaccine for Hep C. I think I can avoid the type of things that commonly spread Hep B and C. No sharing dirty needles, unprotected sex, or getting tattoos for me. With Hep A and Typhoid you are at risk of being exposed due to someone else's poor hygiene. I have heard it is better to eat street food you can watch being cooked, than eating at some restaurants where God only knows what happens in the kitchen. I would think improperly storing meat at to high of a temperature would be big problem throughout Latin America, so all the Salmonella is no surprise.

There is pizza place in Tahlequah, Oklahoma named "Sam and Ella's" lol!
MiguelHeron
MiguelHeron

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:10 pm

You'll need to go to your doctor and have them order it. They have been out of typhoid vaccines the last couple of months but my doctor said it is available again now. I'm going to Asia in February so got all my hep shots and tetanus. Just need the typhoid.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:26 pm

I have travelled a lot and eaten at street stands in Asia a lot, never got sick, unlike Mexico..I was supposed to take malaria pills but at the time it was a little crazy because the pulls they had in the States did not do anything against the malaria they had in Vietnam and Thailand so you were supposed to change pills when you arrived. So I skipped the pills and wore off ..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:39 pm

Can you get the pills in Vietnam? That is one of the places I am going to as well as Myanmar (ex. Burma).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:38 pm

I don't mean to hijack the thread but thought this was good advice after chatting with Bobby of La Terraza. Many of us use microdyn or equivalent on things like tomatoes etc.
HE says that he also now microdyne's things like avocados, limes and other fruits before using. His logic is that all those kinds of things are touched and handled by many... picking, packing and in the grocery store. You may only be using the interior but you are handling the exterior while doing so.
This was such logical advice that it smacked me full in the face and I will be incorporating his observations in the future.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:06 pm

I’ve always done that, even with those little round watermelons I dearly love. After all, you cut into them so you’re spreading what’s on the outside to the inside with your knife.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:16 pm

yes and since that fruit sit on the ground it is a great idea to do just that,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:36 pm

I have had some of the vaccinations mentioned but would like to be tested to see if I still have immunity. Can that be done here or in Guad.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Don't you wonder if the limes that are put into your te have been soaked?
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:32 pm

If your question is directed at me Gamina, I don't drink tea.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:44 pm

I know that my Mexican friend washes them with soap and water.. who knows what it takes off and what it puts in but so far so good..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:45 pm

ferret wrote:If your question is directed at me Gamina, I don't drink tea.

No, that was just a general question for anyone.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:51 pm

I do not know if you can get the pill n Vietnam...  asked  why don t you give me the medecine here rather than me having to change. They say it was not approved because they had not proved if it worked or not.. That was a long time ago so who knows now..
ll ask my cousins, they spend 6 months of the year in Asia.

What month are you going?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:18 pm

Gamina wrote:Don't you wonder if the limes that are put into your te have been soaked?

NO!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:45 am

brigitte wrote:I do not know if you can get the pill n Vietnam...  asked  why don t you give me the medecine here rather than me having to change. They say it was not approved because they had not proved if it worked or not.. That was a long time ago so who knows now..
ll ask my cousins, they spend 6 months of the year in Asia.

What month are you going?
I'm going in February.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:51 am

so it is cold in northern Vietnam and it is still the dry season , .. take repellent and ,wear it   I ll ask my cousin what they do .. They live in France so let´s see what they take  when they leave.. My sister travelled a lot in Myanmar so I will ask her as well.
When I went to used repellent and the mosquitoes were not bad except sometimes at night when close to water.. SInce I do not use A/C and sleep with the windows open , I had to wear repellent at night because when the breeze would stop the mosquitoes went to town.. I have to see that mosquitoes do not like me so I did not get biten much but I still put on repellent especially when in the country

Last edited by brigitte on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:55 am

Thanks!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelHeron Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:26 am

I just checked on the Hep A vaccination here. It's $119.00. It's not covered by medicare unless you have diabetes. I wonder what it would be in Mexico.
MiguelHeron
MiguelHeron

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 am

Waaay less!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next