INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cases In Ajijic of Corona Virus?

+18
mattoleriver
caligirl108
DeborahM
Lucky Girl
Zedinmexico
sampati
kiko
cypress
lakeside7
gringal
CanuckBob
Jreboll
SunshineyDay
ferret
HoneyBee
Trailrunner
Lady Otter Latté
RoyD
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cases In Ajijic of Corona Virus? - Page 3 Empty Re: Cases In Ajijic of Corona Virus?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Getting back to the original topic we probably need to discuss a community care plan. Things such as the younger healthy folks picking up groceries and what not for the sick and isolated.

I think I am healthy enough to get through a dose of covid 19 and will be available to help those in need. I'm not a good nurse but can certainly pick up supplies, etc.

Thoughts???

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Cases In Ajijic of Corona Virus? - Page 3 Empty Re: Cases In Ajijic of Corona Virus?

Post by Jreboll Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Just read this. This has to do with procedures to follow if you suspect of having the corona virus. Apparently you’re not supposed to go to the hospital but call this number and someone will come to you
https://www.gob.mx/salud/acciones-y-programas/unidad-de-inteligencia-epidemiologica-y-sanitaria-uies?fbclid=IwAR1MRDjWNG6lbPRzg9zTatUpLS0yTzimAT0zasQNlYREF6xk9OrDcMg_S4U

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Couldn’t find Mexico on this list
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Click on the circle over Mexico and you will get a pop up box with details. Currently:

Mexico
Confirmed: 12
Deaths: 0
Recovered: 4
Active: 8

However, they don't say where in Mexico and it's a very big country.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 pm

Agree Bob, I'm willing to help deliver food or meds or things like that too.

I'm not willing to have any pt contact though, I think if I get this I won't survive.

In terms of Mexican stats, does Mexico even have the ability to test for this virus?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Disney closed all their theme parks today in the USA & France & Tokyo. Major League Baseball canceled spring training and postponed the start of the season until mid-April. Colleges, Universities, and public schools are closing.

I blame the news media for stirring up the public into a panicked frenzy which has resulted in government over reaction to the threat. The U.S. is self imploding. I'm really thinking about the Y2K bug and the paranoia that caused. That is what we have here.

Stay calm and wash your hands.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:06 pm

Try convincing the Italians

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 pm

Here's an article about all 12 confirmed cases and where they are located.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/5-new-cases-of-coronavirus-confirmed/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm

Right. Tell that to the Italians. . .

The worst thing I've read on this subject is the Greek government and an international agency want to clear out the refugee camps on the Greek islands. They want to shut them down and clear the people out, where? Nobody knows. Or cares. There are thousands of Syrians in those camps.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:19 am

Anyone else here find it suspicious that the US cannot come up with the corona virus test kits needed? Is Trump trying to prevent the American people from finding out how many actually have the disease?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:24 am

My Mom in Seattle got it even after isolating herself. Nothing for her to do other than tolerate it as the health care system in Seattle is overwhelmed. She is 90 and has breathing problems. No tests available for her as she doesn't qualify. Luckily she has a pretty good immune system. It is very very wide spread in Seattle.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:34 am

This article says they have tested 27 people in Guadalajara and they have 3 suspects that haven't yet been confirmed.

https://www.eloccidental.com.mx/local/hay-tres-casos-sospechosos-de-coronavirus-en-guadalajara-secretaria-de-salud-jalisco-covid19-wuhan-china-4958809.html

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:45 am

It took scientists until recently to identify the virus and now they are beginning to be able to test for it. A few states are experimenting with drive-through testing. Great idea!

Hope you mom is able to shake it, Zeb.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/487360-new-york-governor-announces-new-public-drive-thru
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Girl Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:51 am

Not sure if the US really can't test, I think they don't want the true figures out there, so what if it kills more people. Don't forget , the ass in the White House did not want the people off the cruise ship. cause it would increase the numbers!!

Lucky Girl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:06 am

Apparently the kids in the US are referring to the corona virus as the "boomer remover".
lol!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:17 am

If the boomers are removed who else is going to support them?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 am

And here I had thought they were calling it the "geeser squeezer"....lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 am

The Old Fart Dart?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:04 am

Just as a side note, "they" keep on saying that a vaccine should be available soon. Correct me if I am wrong but to date there is no vaccine for Hepatitis C or AIDS. Also, it looks like ROCHE a Swiss pharmaceutical company has introduced a testing device that should accelerate the testing 10 folds and is now in use in Europe and apparently the FDA has given it the green light to be used in the US.

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:18 am

Toronto Researchers have just isolated the actual virus (12 hours ago). That should make for a breakthrough in developing a vaccine that works.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/03/12/sunnybrook-researchers-isolate-covid-19-coronavirus.html

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahM Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:32 am

CanuckBob wrote:Getting back to the original topic we probably need to discuss a community care plan. Things such as the younger healthy folks picking up groceries and what not for the sick and isolated.

I think I am healthy enough to get through a dose of covid 19 and will be available to help those in need. I'm not a good nurse but can certainly pick up supplies, etc.

Thoughts???

Absolutely! I also think that us old folks living alone need to establish a daily check-in system with like-minded others, exchanging house keys, to be used in case of a non response from a daily check-in. Worrying times. We need to be practical and prepared.

DeborahM

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 pm

MEANWHILE...(since a vaccine takes ?how long to develop.. ) buy some peppermint tea, at the least..or even better, buy some peppermint essential oil or any other essential oil - Lavender, Orange, Lemon, Eucalyptus, etc and sniff it.. right out of the vial.  or if you are industrious, apply to pulse points, vaporize the casa.. they smell good & are anti viral, antibacterial & anti mold.  Google it.   I enjoy breathing different EOs each day, adding different oils to my spray bottle & before going out.. citrus flavonoids have been reported to be particularly good.. Calms ya down too.. Very Happy

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:10 pm

I'm betting they will have a vaccine by mid summer. How long it will take to create millions or billions of doses is another matter.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Cases In Ajijic of Corona Virus? - Page 3 Z088lb5bcfm41
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:34 pm

That's BRUTAL but I'm still laughing. Just what is the obsession with hoarding toilet paper? I told a friend that it was cheaper than kleenex... and some are triple ply.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Now I get it Very Happy

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next