INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain

+12
cypress
Alfredo G
BisbeeGal
slainte39
artsnob
ferret
Zedinmexico
lakeside7
Trailrunner
Smartalex
MexicoPete
CanuckBob
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rain - Page 3 Empty Re: Rain

Post by cypress Fri May 08, 2020 6:11 am

slainte39 wrote:
SunshineyDay wrote:So is this the official start? Meets the criteria?

Does it really make a lot of difference? Official start?  Why don´t we just say, we got 3 days of rain and just wait for the next one?
For something as common as rain, this has really gotten hung up on "semantics". The next rain might be 1 day, 10 days, or 30 days, who knows?
I know we have received 7 to 14 days of ground soil water for plants that are not normally irrigated.

Many of us didn't get 3 days of rain. No rain yesterday or last night near Jocotepec.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri May 08, 2020 7:17 am

2.73 inches for three nights in SE SAT.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 08, 2020 8:25 am

Riberas: 0.6 inches Tuesday night, 2.1 inches Wednesday night and 0.5 inches last night... for a total of 3.2 inches

Methinks that the May rains may be Mother Nature's way of getting you to notice that your roof leaks so you can get it fixed before the real rainy season hits.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri May 08, 2020 4:39 pm

In answer to several posts here earlier about the first day of the rain contest. But by the time I posted this, the topic has slightly changed;

It used to be fun having the big "When is the first day of RAIN" Contest. But that was before all the friction between the players.

I posted this year asking when the contest would start and Maincoons let me know that he was not that interested in doing it this year. And that's too bad.

What is needed is for all of us to try to be friends again. And that is the very thing that some are not doing :)  oh well to each his own. I just know that with this stay at home corona virus ruling, I am very happy that I have two and a quarter forums to post on. The Chapala Forum, Insidelakeside, and Mexconnect
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri May 08, 2020 5:06 pm

MexicoPete wrote:In answer to several posts here earlier about the first day of the rain contest. But by the time I posted this, the topic has slightly changed;

It used to be fun having the big "When is the first day of RAIN" Contest. But that was before all the friction between the players.

I posted this year asking when the contest would start and Maincoons let me know that he was not that interested in doing it this year. And that's too bad.

What is needed is for all of us to try to be friends again. And that is the very thing that some are not doing :)  oh well to each his own. I just know that with this stay at home corona virus ruling, I am very happy that I have two and a quarter forums to post on. The Chapala Forum, Insidelakeside, and Mexconnect

Pete you could run the when is it going to rain.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri May 08, 2020 5:07 pm

ferret wrote:Riberas: 0.6 inches Tuesday night, 2.1 inches Wednesday night and 0.5 inches last night... for a total of 3.2 inches

Methinks that the May rains may be Mother Nature's way of getting you to notice that your roof leaks so you can get it fixed before the real rainy season hits.

About 1 inch over 3 days near Jocotepec.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 08, 2020 5:26 pm

MexicoPete wrote:I  enjoyed watching MC running this contest. I hope he runs it again. Of course if Slainte39 entered it, he would probably win. Why, because he's been around here longer than most of us, and I hate to admit it, but he has got a darn good memory compared to me :)

Pete, I have NO interest in any contest predicting rain, rainy season, or anything of the kind. Don´t want to run a contest, participate, or any other involvement.
I DO care and appreciate when it does rain, nothing more, nothing less, as what difference does it make when you have N0 CONTROL over the situation.
There are at least a hundred things I can think of that is more fun, as you put it, than predicting rain.
Now predicting when Mainecoons will be my friend again……..that´s easy…….He never was, and I don´t need TOB any more than I need a hole in my head.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3