INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tequila

+15
martygraw
merry
hound dog
simpsca
Zedinmexico
NoTengoNada
Solovino
rico
CanuckBob
sparks
David
Trailrunner
Big Daddy Mexico
CheenaGringo
Mainecoons
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tequila - Page 3 Empty Re: Tequila

Post by gringomojado Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Herradura used to play classical music in the fermentation room They said it cut the fermentation process in half!
gm

gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Mt Gay is definitely from Barbados!!!!!!!!
Believe it or not I once caught a lot of flack for ordering Mt.Gay in a very unPC bar in San Pedro,CA.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 22, 2012 2:34 pm

viajero wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:Mt Gay is definitely from Barbados!!!!!!!!
Believe it or not I once caught a lot of flack for ordering Mt.Gay in a very unPC bar in San Pedro,CA.

Oh how funny!! Same thing happened to me in Oregon. I keep a bottle next to my loaf of Bimbo Bread :-)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Working on planning our next trip SOB and am wondering if anyone has visited the "Tequila Highlands" and the distilleries in that area? Would appreciate any comments and recommendations.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Working on planning our next trip SOB and am wondering if anyone has visited the "Tequila Highlands" and the distilleries in that area? Would appreciate any comments and recommendations.

I would visit Herradura (horseshoe) outside of Tequila and than go visit Jose Quervo in Tequila. Suggest the resturant next to Jose Quervo. It is a chain that you have
seen there hot sauce 'La Chalupa" or something like that. The menu was very interesting and unusual. Not cheap but good quality mexican food. Killer Azteca soup.

Tequila is a wonderful town to walk around with nice wide sidewalks and interesting shopping. They also have a Tequila train or two. Never done that myself so don't
know details.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 am

I prefer Appleton dark rum myself.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 am

Zed:

Your comments about Tequila are appreciated but that area is referred to as the "lowlands" and we have already visited there 5 or 6 times. Admittedly, we screwed up on our last trip and failed once again to do the Herradura tour because of timing.

In the interest of seeing and having the opportunity to learn about another area, we thought that we would visit the "highlands" as indicated on the following map:
[img]Tequila - Page 3 Highla10[/img]

Distilleries from this area include: Patron, Don Julio, Siete Leguas, El Tesoro and numerous others.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Patron looks stunning in the pics I've see. You'd never guess it was built only a few years ago. I don't care for their products though. I like Siete Leguas very much. They are one of the sponsors of the Ninos Incapacitados annual dinner and auction. They put mini bottles at each table, give out unlimited samples and glasses, and contribute 750ml and 3Ltr bottles to the auction.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 23, 2012 1:08 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

Your comments about Tequila are appreciated but that area is referred to as the "lowlands" and we have already visited there 5 or 6 times. Admittedly, we screwed up on our last trip and failed once again to do the Herradura tour because of timing.

In the interest of seeing and having the opportunity to learn about another area, we thought that we would visit the "highlands" as indicated on the following map:
[img]Tequila - Page 3 Highla10[/img]

Distilleries from this area include: Patron, Don Julio, Siete Leguas, El Tesoro and numerous others.

Yea the timing for seeing Herradura is difficult sometimes. Keep trying, the giant brass still is worth the trip alone. Sorry missed highlands my bad.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

rico wrote:Go to La Paz liquors and try a bottle of Siete Leguas, either silver or reposada, I recommend both. NOB its known as Patron. Here its just known as good tequila. 3 star rating, D Julio is 2 star. It can be googled.

Don't want to appear a wise ass, but it's Paz, not La Paz, just as it was always Lloyd, not Lloyd's.

Dead Horse
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 24, 2012 8:28 am

David wrote:Patron looks stunning in the pics I've see. You'd never guess it was built only a few years ago. I don't care for their products though. I like Siete Leguas very much. They are one of the sponsors of the Ninos Incapacitados annual dinner and auction. They put mini bottles at each table, give out unlimited samples and glasses, and contribute 750ml and 3Ltr bottles to the auction.

Aren't they the same company?
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am

Misconception that they are the same company. Patron was distilled for a number of years as a private label by Siete Leguas. Patron built their own beautiful distillery and now control the entire production process. One of the things that makes Patron somewhat unique is that they ferment in pine vats instead of stainless or copper.

[img]Tequila - Page 3 6a00e510[/img]
[img]Tequila - Page 3 6a00e511[/img]

Above photos from: http://www.alcademics.com/2011/01/tequila-distillery-visit-patron.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3