INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photo Radar Ticket

+24
slainte39
itsme
E-raq
Zedinmexico
David
Mainecoons
johninajijic
wheels
jackak10
Jim W
simpsca
Solovino
GBATRUCKS
viajero
gringal
hockables
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
shirley
gravy
Parker
B&T
DaveP
CanuckBob
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Photo Radar Ticket - Page 4 Empty Re: Photo Radar Ticket

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

"BUT THE WATER HAS NOT FINISHED CIRCLING THE DRAIN!!!"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Too Funny....I've got a "Tuxedo Cat" that looks like that...she loves to hang out on the edge of the toilet...But she sure don't know how to flush it!!
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 pm

David wrote:
GBATRUCKS wrote:Oh yeah... Trader Joe's..their Charles Shaw brand...used to call it "2 Buck Chuck." One of their whites kicked butt at a big blind tasting in Napa years back...Freaked out the wine snobs.

Beer

In 2007 the Charles Shaw Chard won a gold medal at the CA State Fair. I spent several years in the wine business and in all blind tasting reports I read the Charles Shaw wines rated very low."

So they won the gold at the CA State Fair, but their wines are crap? How does that compute? Like art and music, it's all subjective. If you like it it's great, if you don't like it, it's not great. And don't bore us with a bunch of "hickory overtones, hint of nutiness" BS...You either like it or you dont. BTW, I'd kill for a bottle of V. Sattui 120 year old Maderia.
http://www.vsattui.com/Madeira?pageID=037bcfca-ae56-fe8f-6edc-33a34eb13939&sortBy=DisplayOrder&
Beer
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:
David wrote:
GBATRUCKS wrote:Oh yeah... Trader Joe's..their Charles Shaw brand...used to call it "2 Buck Chuck." One of their whites kicked butt at a big blind tasting in Napa years back...Freaked out the wine snobs.

Beer

In 2007 the Charles Shaw Chard won a gold medal at the CA State Fair. I spent several years in the wine business and in all blind tasting reports I read the Charles Shaw wines rated very low."

So they won the gold at the CA State Fair, but their wines are crap? How does that compute? Like art and music, it's all subjective. If you like it it's great, if you don't like it, it's not great. And don't bore us with a bunch of "hickory overtones, hint of nutiness" BS...You either like it or you dont. BTW, I'd kill for a bottle of V. Sattui 120 year old Maderia.
http://www.vsattui.com/Madeira?pageID=037bcfca-ae56-fe8f-6edc-33a34eb13939&sortBy=DisplayOrder&
Beer

I did not say it was crap, I said they scored low. Wines are judged in their "Class." For $2 wine it's pretty good. "You don't always get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get."
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Bob, I just want to say I think you are doing a great job, although at times it must seem to be a thankless one. I know a few people who will not come on this forum due to the language used. It is too bad as they could be a great addition. Keep up the good work and know you are appreciated. drunk

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

"I did not say it was crap, I said they scored low." ....A distinction without a difference....Who set up the scoring? Certainly not the proletariat that gave it the Gold. If you like it, it's good, it=If you don't like it it's not good, to your taste only.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Well tell them we are trying to keep the general area as clean as possible and to just stay out of the Octagon areas. Particularly the "do you want to fight" category. The most difficult part is trying to please the masses. My rule is to try and accommodate 75% to 80%. I know I'll never please the other 20% and won't even try.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu May 31, 2012 7:26 pm

x
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu May 31, 2012 7:31 pm

LOLOLOLOL!

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 pm

CBob is there anyway that your habitual offenders could be relegated to the Octagon for posting only. You know, like 1 or 2 years in the "hole" or the putting of Napoleon I as emperor ot St. Helena.
Anybody who wants to make the trip to visit them could...or pass them by like they never existed.
Good and bad behavior would have rewards and punishment.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 8:14 pm

That is a great idea. I will investigate if I have the ability to limit where a person can post. You get the suggestion of the month award.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu May 31, 2012 8:18 pm

What happened to the cat and the toilet???

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 31, 2012 8:21 pm

GBATRUCKS:

There is a very nice restaurant overlooking Lake Zirahuen (about 30 minutes from Patzcuaro, Michoacán) that serves Charles Shaw aka 2 Buck Chuck. The owner is a Veterinarian from Los Angeles and brings down cases every visit. If you look closely at the 1st photo in this album, you see the Charles Shaw as the 2nd from the top or 3rd from the bottom:
https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/MIRALAGORESTAURANTLAKEZIRAHUENMICHOACAN?authkey=Gv1sRgCK7GjpX7z7XMwgE#5643825522868460738

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Cat & toilet is still there as the 1st message after the topic reminder on this page 6.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 pm

I was hoping it was deleted. My cat watched it.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Another resident saw it and figured that was why his CFE bill was so high - pressure pump running 24/7 when he wasn't looking! HA!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu May 31, 2012 8:58 pm

CanuckBob wrote:That is a great idea. I will investigate if I have the ability to limit where a person can post. You get the suggestion of the month award.

Good idea but I’d really prefer the likes of Solovino not even in the “Octagon” and if you put that kind in their own room they would spend a lot of time talking to themselves, pretty much like “Peedro” and his forum. No?

Personally most profanity doesn’t bother me but continually showing very little respect for others opinions and berating them for everything they state, much like a stalker, is not necessary. It’s not like standing your ground when someone else belittles you.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by SenorDorky Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 pm

slainte39 wrote:CBob is there anyway that your habitual offenders could be relegated to the Octagon for posting only. You know, like 1 or 2 years in the "hole" or the putting of Napoleon I as emperor ot St. Helena.
Anybody who wants to make the trip to visit them could...or pass them by like they never existed.
Good and bad behavior would have rewards and punishment.

Great idea!
What I've found useful is the "foe" function. There is one particular chronic poster who just gets up my nose but now that I have him listed as a "foe" his posts don't appear, just a message that the 'foe' has posted and if I want to see the post I can click on it.
This function is great for keeping my blood pressure down. I have a low tolerance for aggressively stupid yammerheads....

SenorDorky

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Parker wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:That is a great idea. I will investigate if I have the ability to limit where a person can post. You get the suggestion of the month award.

Good idea but I’d really prefer the likes of Solovino not even in the “Octagon” and if you put that kind in their own room they would spend a lot of time talking to themselves, pretty much like “Peedro” and his forum. No?

Personally most profanity doesn’t bother me but continually showing very little respect for others opinions and berating them for everything they state, much like a stalker, is not necessary. It’s not like standing your ground when someone else belittles you.

Yes, I agree. We are all adults here and asking people to keep their profanity and feuds within the Octagon doesn't seem like a big thing to ask. In over 2 years we have still only banned 5 people. They all have very similar traits and it is doubtful they would ever change as they have zero respect for me or any of the other members on this forum. I say good riddance.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:33 am

With Mexican Plates, If you don't pay, when you renew your "placas" it will be on your cost

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 am

B&T wrote:I asked because I have NOB plates with no front plate and have sailed though the Periferico trap several times. Also, I haven't updated my title NOB so it's unlikely they'd ever find me, but I wonder if one of those police trucks with multiple armed guys is looking for me.

Same here...However, it's only a matter of time before they get it together. They got your auto info when you brought your car into the country, including the registration in your name. Once they get the systems to check that against your FM info which should have your current address, it's game over.
Shocked
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 am

GBATRUCKS wrote:
B&T wrote:I asked because I have NOB plates with no front plate and have sailed though the Periferico trap several times. Also, I haven't updated my title NOB so it's unlikely they'd ever find me, but I wonder if one of those police trucks with multiple armed guys is looking for me.

Same here...However, it's only a matter of time before they get it together. They got your auto info when you brought your car into the country, including the registration in your name. Once they get the systems to check that against your FM info which should have your current address, it's game over.
Shocked

The last few times coming into mexico they have called up our previous visas and previous car bonds. While this makes it much easier for the clerks
to make a new one it also tells me that it is only matter of time for them to get access to bond info and visa info.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 am

All those opposed to Photo Radar raise their right foot!! lol!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:27 am

Now there's a picture. Hope not

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 am

Not happy about the photo radar, picture taking.
But have to admit it is pretty simple to pay at the 7Eleven.
Gracias Bob for posting about the pay location
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down