INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Chapala, Language barrier promotes corruption with authorities

+13
Rosa Venus
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
Chico
slainte39
brigitte
arbon
hound dog
viajero
David
johninajijic
Smartalex
Mad_Max
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In Chapala, Language barrier promotes corruption with authorities - Page 2 Empty Re: In Chapala, Language barrier promotes corruption with authorities

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:04 am

Absolutely agree, Rosa! These traffic stops that people are watching happen have little to do with traffic infractions or plates and everything to do with the predator cops trolling the carretera as Rosa says. You'll notice they all tend to be around this very mysterious, dangerous, unmarked, and arbitrary (probably intentionally) intersection of the carretera and the libremiento. It's a gold mine for them!

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

In Chapala, Language barrier promotes corruption with authorities - Page 2 Empty Re: In Chapala, Language barrier promotes corruption with authorities

Post by Smartalex Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 am

Trailrunner wrote:Absolutely agree, Rosa! These traffic stops that people are watching happen have little to do with traffic infractions or plates and everything to do with the predator cops trolling the carretera as Rosa says. You'll notice they all tend to be around this very mysterious, dangerous, unmarked, and arbitrary (probably intentionally) intersection of the carretera and the libremiento. It's a gold mine for them!

Then again, you could rationalize that this is a very dangerous intersection with many accidents. People have been killed there. Perhaps increased patroling and traffic law enforcement at that particular intersection makes a lot of sense.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:56 am

Smartalex wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Absolutely agree, Rosa! These traffic stops that people are watching happen have little to do with traffic infractions or plates and everything to do with the predator cops trolling the carretera as Rosa says. You'll notice they all tend to be around this very mysterious, dangerous, unmarked, and arbitrary (probably intentionally) intersection of the carretera and the libremiento. It's a gold mine for them!

Then again, you could rationalize that this is a very dangerous intersection with many accidents. People have been killed there. Perhaps increased patroling and traffic law enforcement at that particular intersection makes a lot of sense.

Nonsense. I have lived here for eleven years and heve never heard of anyone being killed at that intersectioin. That is a honeypot f or transito crooks. A local joke.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:32 am

hound dog wrote:
Smartalex wrote:

Nonsense. I have lived here for eleven years and heve never heard of anyone being killed at that intersectioin. That is a honeypot f or transito crooks. A local joke.

That is, indeed, a notoriously dangerous intersection. I've lived here three years and have heard of two people killed there, one was a pedestrian and another was either on bicycle or motorcyle. I have personally observed the aftermath of many accidents at that intersection and seldom pass through it without seeing the tell-tale shattered glass from yet another accident.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Yes, Bubba, Alex is right. It's a deadly intersection now, many fatalities, since all the building and with no real proper traffic control, marked lanes etc.

But, Alex, having said that it is truly a honeypot for these guys and has been for the 8 years I've lived here - before WM and before the mall. It IS famous. I often avoid that stretch of the carretera by leaving SA through La Floresta.

What REALLY ticks me off is when I'm stuck at the light and trying to avoid looking at any near-by transito when someone FLYS around the light through the bus lane in front of WM. Watched a Chapala Bus do it one day last month at about 25 mph and just the other day I saw a young MX woman in a white SUV do it at about 40 while she had her head thrust out the window trying to beat the traffic that was now bearing down on her from the light that turned green - laughing her head off the whole time and yelling to her gf riding shotgun.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Ever noticed how, more often than not, the Transito has his client pulled over in the shade of the La Floresta tree canopy? Who wouldn't prefer to conduct extortion in shady comfort? So there's a tip: next time you're being pulled over, find a nice hot spot in the direct sun, and prolong the conversation/negotiation as much as possible.

With the right attitude, dealing with the local bozos is kind of fun, really. cheers
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:42 pm

I don't know who you are, Rosa, but I like your style! lol And those uniforms are really hot.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Ever noticed how, more often than not, the Transito has his client pulled over in the shade of the La Floresta tree canopy? Who wouldn't prefer to conduct extortion in shady comfort? So there's a tip: next time you're being pulled over, find a nice hot spot in the direct sun, and prolong the conversation/negotiation as much as possible.

With the right attitude, dealing with the local bozos is kind of fun, really. cheers

You know, I find that very appealing too. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:02 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Chico posted "My experience is that if you cannot speak a word of Spanish and act apologetic, you pay nothing and in their frustration let you go with no ticket and no mordita. chico"

I've heard that from others too chico. Sadly some of the officers lakeside speak enough English to get around that, though.

Sadly, yet again? May I pay for your hypnosis when you get back to get over the "sadly" curse? Meant in good fun. chico.

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:07 pm

I never pay attention to what I post unless it is a bad word. So sadly I say "sadly" way too much Very Happy

Now what's really bad (I should say "sad")is that the first sadly immediately above came up automatically and I did not notice it until I had typed it.

Oh well, at least the sun is out in Seattle. Nothing sad about that.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:40 pm

You sure sound homesick, hurry up and go back home!!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 am

MexicoPete wrote:I never pay attention to what I post unless it is a bad word. So sadly I say "sadly" way too much Very Happy

Now what's really bad (I should say "sad")is that the first sadly immediately above came up automatically and I did not notice it until I had typed it.

Oh well, at least the sun is out in Seattle. Nothing sad about that.

Except clouds due back sat again. Man has the PNW had a wet year so far.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2