INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libramiento Tire Store

+17
Ricardo
E-raq
Parker
brigitte
Chapalagringa
little italy
CheenaGringo
viajero
Jim W
joec
manymoonsago
David
lucky
Ms.Thang
CanuckBob
Flamingo
Trailrunner
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Libramiento Tire Store - Page 2 Empty Re: Libramiento Tire Store

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Brigitte:

You are correct about the Getty incident as that showed up when I was looking. It just peeked my curiosity to find out where and when this method first started. When one thinks about it, how would someone know exactly from whom a finger was was amputated from since we do not have ownership tattooed on each of our fingers. I think it would be pretty strange receiving a finger with a ransom demand and then having the person released with all digits in tact.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Just google:(El Mochaorejas),an infamous Mexican kidnapper,he earned that nickname. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by viajero on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 pm

I love the idea of a guard dog and I enjoy reading about yours, CG. It´s amazing how affordable they are here in Mexico and I believe them to be an effective addition to ones personal protection but they are not an option for everyone and unfortunately, a guard dog is is not an option for us . For one thing, there are some businesses where you simply can not have a dog hanging around. Your house can be tight but then you go to work and there you are with the door wide open...and that is what happened to Oscar...and who the heck could this other guy be...the one that got wheeled in on the hand truck?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Dogs are invaluable as 'early warning systems' and in some cases a deterrent but the sad truth is if they want in your house they will shoot or poison your dog and there you are.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:19 pm

No Lori, this is a post about what happened to Oscar, not about personal protection. Either stay on-topic or start a new thread. Keep your personal ageanda where it belongs: personal e.g. keep it to yourself.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Dogs are invaluable as 'early warning systems' and in some cases a deterrent but the sad truth is if they want in your house they will shoot or poison your dog and there you are.

Sorry Runner , what the hell does dogs have to do with this thread?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Responding to Lori's post.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Cutting off earlobs was popular in the 80´s i n Italy. Getty was just one of them..around the same time Sam Bronfman was kidnapped and so was Patricia Hearst. It was the time when the kids of the very rich were kidnapped for money, feeding the poor and God knows what else.No fingersnor ear were ct off from the other two.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:54 pm

What does getting a dog for protection, dog training etc have to do with this thread? Lori, you're always at it with everyone should get a dog and have it go to dog training school. . You don't need a dog, secure your house other ways.

To the paranoid people living at Lakeside, go back NOB where you belong. There you can get killed in a movie theater, in the street by a random gunman or home invasion.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:33 pm

joec wrote:What does getting a dog for protection, dog training etc have to do with this thread? Lori, you're always at it with everyone should get a dog and have it go to dog training school. . You don't need a dog, secure your house other ways.

To the paranoid people living at Lakeside, go back NOB where you belong. There you can get killed in a movie theater, in the street by a random gunman or home invasion.

John,

Lori has found a friend that she feels very comfortable with and makes her feel secure, no different than the way you feel about you’re living environment, plus she gained a friend. (you may want to think about that for a mere moment). She’s just letting everyone know what a pleasure this has been for her. No different than your expression about your community and probably a little less aggressive than you have been.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:08 am

Well I say ¨Praise The Lord and Pass The Amunition¨! Do what you have to do to feel safe because things are heating up around here.

Or maybe you think I am being paranoid because I am concerned about my husband´s safety?
Did you know that one of Chapala´s doctors was violently gunned down recently.¿ He was president of Chapala´s Colegio de Medicos (medical society) and his memorial service was held last night in Chapala. It was sad and awful. He was a wonderful, talented man. Truly one of the good guys.
So John , maybe you could just respect individuals circumstances , realise that kidnapping and extorcion is a real threat around here and personal protection is not paranoia.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 am

Ms.Thang wrote:Well I say ¨Praise The Lord and Pass The Amunition¨! Do what you have to do to feel safe because things are heating up around here.

Or maybe you think I am being paranoid because I am concerned about my husband´s safety?
Did you know that one of Chapala´s doctors was violently gunned down recently.¿ He was president of Chapala´s Colegio de Medicos (medical society) and his memorial service was held last night in Chapala. It was sad and awful. He was a wonderful, talented man. Truly one of the good guys.
So John , maybe you could just respect individuals circumstances , realise that kidnapping and extorcion is a real threat around here and personal protection is not paranoia.

OMG, who was that? Why was he shot?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:10 am

Dr. Jose Loreto Herrera Osuna, (Dr. loreto) was a neurosurgeon , killed on Christmas Eve while visiting family. He was shot at a teller machine (not in Chapala) in the middle of the day on a busy street. He was not robbed. Don't know why he was killed.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Ms Thang - Where was he killed, location and why was he gunned down? Gotta be more to it.

Further, no one is after you or your husband. It's paranoia of some people here, not reality.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Stopped by Cruz Roja on the way to the parade this morning, and it was the same person....He is lucky to be alive.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm

joec wrote:Ms Thang - Where was he killed, location and why was he gunned down? Gotta be more to it.

Further, no one is after you or your husband. It's paranoia of some people here, not reality.

John, Dr. Sam has more info.....what I gather is he was executed @ a ATM in Sinaloa...broad daylight, and not a robbery gone bad.

Their was also a shootout near Cruz Roja last night around midnight.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Jim W wrote:Stopped by Cruz Roja on the way to the parade this morning, and it was the same person....He is lucky to be alive.
Same person as......? Oscar? Who?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 pm

David wrote:
Jim W wrote:Stopped by Cruz Roja on the way to the parade this morning, and it was the same person....He is lucky to be alive.
Same person as......? Oscar? Who?

Sorry David, Oscar from the tire store.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 pm

joec wrote:Ms Thang - Where was he killed, location and why was he gunned down? Gotta be more to it.

It was in Culiacán on Christmas Eve, and was reported as set forth above.

http://www.debate.com.mx/eldebate/noticias/default.asp?IdCat=17402&idArt=12806095

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Oh fer cryin in a bucket John, I don´t think anyone is after me or my husband. I am just saying that some people are in higher brisk groups than others and kidnapping and extorsion is a growing concern.

Dr Loreto was killed with a shot to the head with a huge caliper wepon , of course there is more to that story. He was very successful man., had a clinic in Puerto De Hierro. I don´t know...maybe he was just paranoid.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Oh fer cryin in a bucket John, I don´t think anyone is after me or my husband. I am just saying that some people are in higher brisk groups than others and kidnapping and extorsion is a growing concern.

Dr Loreto was killed with a shot to the head with a huge caliper wepon , of course there is more to that story. He was very successful man., had a clinic in Puerto De Hierro. I don´t know...maybe he was just paranoid.

No he was at an ATM. Gotta wonder what he was even doing in Sinaloa, one of the biggest drug States in Mexico. This story has nothing to do with violence here, house robberies, home invasions or dogs for protection.

And why is an old story that happened ages ago and miles away even being discussed here?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:39 pm

joec wrote:

No he was at an ATM. Gotta wonder what he was even doing in Sinaloa,
He was attending his mother's birthday party,she lived a couple of blocks away from the ATM,it says so in the article that was linked.
Evil or Very Mad

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Jim W wrote:

Their was also a shootout near Cruz Roja last night around midnight.

If there was a shootout there at that time, it was super quiet. I was outside of cruz roja around midnight, and then walking home via the malecon with a friend. There was a cop truck and several motorcycle cops just sitting there near Jonhy's Place, and then a little further down there was a cop truck with it's lights on and two more motorcycle cops, that had detained someone. Didn't see or hear any shooting.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Saege, that would be Saturday night, and according to Dr. Sam, an individual was shot in front of Jonhys around 11:30 pm....and treated @ Cruz Roja.
I wasn't there, as I didn't realize 12 oclock came around twice per day....LOL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Jim W wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:While I did a Google search trying to find the origin of the cutting off of fingers by kidnappers, I found plenty of examples of this being done all over the world. Maybe this tradition started in Alabama and the Dawg can furnish the history of this practice? Anyone else out there with any theories?
This was not a big man, let's hold speculation, as I was there when he was wheeled in. I am saddened they closed their business.....they provided great service at a quality price!
Then probably not Oscar, because he is a pretty hefty guy. It is my understanding that the whole family has had to leave. Most of Jocotepec is involved or related to the family; some even speculate the town was built around the family.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Absolutely, huge and prominent Joco family. Very sad. Joco has certainly had some sad times over the last few years.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next