INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a good tip for Waiters

+12
Playaboy
slainte39
Rosa Venus
Pedro
ferret
arbon
viajero
CheenaGringo
gringal
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
adavis
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What is a good tip for Waiters - Page 3 Empty Re: What is a good tip for Waiters

Post by casi nada Wed May 01, 2013 4:28 pm

viajero wrote:My wife makes a very good birria de ternera and also de chivo,but the best I've had was in Mazamitla.

¿Dónde en Mazamitla?

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What is a good tip for Waiters - Page 3 Empty Re: What is a good tip for Waiters

Post by Rosa Venus Wed May 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Veal.

Trailrunner, I haven't tried the birria at the place you mentioned, but I did have some tacos de costillas (braised) and they were darn tasty. I suspect the birria is a decent bet there.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 01, 2013 4:53 pm

casi nada wrote:
viajero wrote:My wife makes a very good birria de ternera and also de chivo,but the best I've had was in Mazamitla.

¿Dónde en Mazamitla?

Don't know where V. is referring to but I've had it in the mercado where you turn left to go to the plaza. (on the right hand side before you make the turn). It's was OK...don't remember anything special, but he might be referring to someplace else.
The BEST birria I ever had was in Cotija de la Paz, just south of Sahuayo, in Michoacan. Probably won't ever get over there again, so it's just a memory. They use different seasonings in Mich., so it does taste different (to me, better) than around here.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 01, 2013 5:14 pm

arbon wrote:
viajero wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:¿Qué es ternera?
Youngish beef.

Is it older than veal?

Another word used for veal, like at the Vicente Fernandez restaurant, "Los 3 Portrillos" is becerro.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Veal?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 pm

slainte39 wrote:
arbon wrote:
viajero wrote:
Youngish beef.

Is it older than veal?

Another word used for veal, like at the Vicente Fernandez restaurant, "Los 3 Portrillos" is becerro.

At an auction in Donegal no one was bidding on young steers, except one farmer bid on one.

When he went out to go, there were 6 other steers tied to his lorry.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm

casi nada wrote:

¿Dónde en Mazamitla?
In the mercado,there's probably a dozen puestos there,we have our favorite,we usually buy a couple of orders to go and reheat them at a picnic spot in the nearby Sierra del Tigre,maybe that's why it tastes so good.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 01, 2013 5:44 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Veal?

That's the "deal".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 01, 2013 6:02 pm

slainte39 wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:Veal?

That's the "deal".
I shoulda quoted Trailrunner's "¿Qué es ternera?", which was the post I was responding to... didn't see all those other posts before me.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm

arbon wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
arbon wrote:
viajero wrote:
Youngish beef.

Is it older than veal?

At an auction in Donegal no one was bidding on young steers, except one farmer bid on one.

When he went out to go, there were 6 other steers tied to his lorry.

Me Nan was born in Donegal (just north of Letterkenny), and you would be hard pressed to find 6 steers/cows in the whole damn county. And for every bovine you can find, there will be 10,000 sheep. That's where they invented tweed.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3