INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder in Jocotepec

+37
Playaboy
Milena
Seventyseven
itsme
Traveller
motherofburros
Chapalagringa
viajero
lakesideguide
arbon
Ezzie
addtocart
slainte39
TTT
Jim W
thesarge7
Flamingo
Trailrunner
vetteforron
hockables
lunateak
court0503
Dr. Sam Thelin
Ms.Thang
Pedro
hickton
lucky
Smartalex
Ricardo
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
elehne1
espíritu del lago
Axixic
CheenaGringo
brigitte
Jerry00
41 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Murder in Jocotepec - Page 5 Empty Re: Murder in Jocotepec

Post by hickton Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:11 pm

unfortunately if a perp wants to enter anywhere., for any reason , they will.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Actually, the first article I posted which was dated Feb 28 was titled "Tranquil Roca Azul unfazed by death".
"The Motorhome Where John Paul Ateel was killed" was a caption next to a photo that didn't post when I copied and pasted it.

Isn't that an odd, not to mention disrespectful title? And the two paragraph infomercial about the park at the end? Who does that?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by thesarge7 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Body was found by a park employee, not an owner. The park has a manned entrance, not locked, except at night, and the sub-division also has a manned entrance, so anyone coming in to the park would have been noticed by at least one of the people at the entrances.
My questions are; how did the suspects lock the motor home when they left?? ( I know that the door was locked, I observed the police enter the window to unlock the door from the inside); How did these guys torture this person and no one heard anything? And, I would like to know how much blood is in the RV. If his arm was in fact cut off, there would be a substantial amount of blood. (I think I will take a peak inside, since this crucial piece of evidence is still parked in a public place with no security.)
thesarge7
thesarge7

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:28 pm

If they severed the arm post mortem then there would not be any "torturous screams" nor would there be much blood at all since the heart has stopped beating.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:52 pm

the GR report was hilarious. There's no way that if the man died of natural causes that the Mexican police would have found suspects.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Deleted

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Some snowbird friends from Roca were over today and while they are compassionate about the man dying they are unconcerned and say they couldn't care less whether it was a murder or if the guy died of natural causes.

They don't feel that their security has been compromised and laughed off the Roca lies and coverup.

I can't figure out why that bothers me. . .

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Realistically you can walk up the beach to Roca Azul - gates or no gates.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:58 pm

That's what they said happened.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Trailrunner, part of it may be wondering if we have become so callous that it "does not matter" if a neighbor (even an unpopular one) is murdered. How can you not care that someone´s life was taken from him?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:59 am

Lady, that could well be a part of it.
I also think nothing really has to matter too much to snowbirds. They had no outrage. They're tourists, really, and they either leave early and don't come back or they come back next year or they go to Florida. No big deal to them. As long as it's still warm and fun the rest of what happens here is a small blip on their radar.
Me? I'm outraged that "my" newspaper handled it the way it did. I'm outraged that Roca concocted an elaborate cover up.
Ah well. I'll get over it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofburros Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:39 am

Trailrunner wrote:Lady, that could well be a part of it.  
I also think nothing really has to matter too much to snowbirds.  They had no outrage.  They're tourists, really, and they either leave early and don't come back or they come back next year or they go to Florida.  No big deal to them.  As long as it's still warm and fun the rest of what happens here is a small blip on their radar.
Me?  I'm outraged that "my" newspaper handled it the way it did.  I'm outraged that Roca concocted an elaborate cover up.  
Ah well.  I'll get over it.

So now you are the moral majority? Actually I am a snowbird who owns property close by Roca Azul and I find your statements offensive.

motherofburros

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:42 am

motherofburros wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Lady, that could well be a part of it.  
I also think nothing really has to matter too much to snowbirds.  They had no outrage.  They're tourists, really, and they either leave early and don't come back or they come back next year or they go to Florida.  No big deal to them.  As long as it's still warm and fun the rest of what happens here is a small blip on their radar.
Me?  I'm outraged that "my" newspaper handled it the way it did.  I'm outraged that Roca concocted an elaborate cover up.  
Ah well.  I'll get over it.

So now you are the moral majority?  Actually I am a snowbird who owns property close by Roca Azul and I find your statements offensive.
this persons statement warrants no attention whatsoever,motherofburrows. i know snowbirds who have contributed much to the community.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:52 am

I've noticed that some full-timers demonstrate the same cavalier attitude that Trailrunner saw in the snowbirds. Nothing to do with us, he was involved with drugs/he shouldn't have resisted the robbery/they should have had better protection/he was gay/We're not targets/ bad things happen everywhere. Some of them, snowbirds and full-timers alike, are still looking through NOB eyes and they are not aware of Mexican reality.

Of course the economic fallout of crime hits closer to home for property owners. But a lot of snowbirds do own property here.

I think the sheer callousness (and possibly the sheer ignorance) comes from individual personalities and value systems, not from being a snowbird or not. Some people just don't have empathy for their fellow man. They probably don't care about certain categories of people back home either. Others choose to build up an inner defense mechanism so they can continue to enjoy life here without feeling afraid or upset. If they can convince themselves that the victims "deserved it" or were unimportant people whose death didn't matter, they can believe that bad things won't happen to fine upstanding people like themselves.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 am

thesarge7 wrote:Body was found by a park employee, not an owner. The park has a manned entrance, not locked, except at night, and the sub-division also has a manned entrance, so anyone coming in to the park would have been noticed by at least one of the people at the entrances.
  My questions are; how did the suspects lock the motor home when they left?? ( I know that the door was locked, I observed the police enter the window to unlock the door from the inside); How did these guys torture this person and no one heard anything? And, I would like to know how much blood is in the RV. If his arm was in fact cut off, there would be a substantial amount of blood. (I think I will take a peak inside, since this crucial piece of evidence is still parked in a public place with no security.)

Someone other than the police went into the RV and found the body, came out and locked up before calling the police.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:03 pm

There is a big difference between the Floresta home invasion and this murder. Both are terrible. But we can relate more to Nina and Ed. The man in Joco had bad friends, also drank. The odds of trouble were high. Floresta is a good lesson about home security, more frightening.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by thesarge7 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:13 pm

OK, I am man enough to admit I was wrong about the whole things. The park owners are now saying that it was in fact a murder. I haven't spoken to them personally, but they claim to "not have known this" from the beginning. I don't know how this can be since the park employee that found the body (which, by the way, he only observed the body from the window, he never went in except later, through another window and in the presence of the police) told me that he observed the deceased, INTACT!! Both arms attached!!??? So, either they knew, and lied to us, or they didn't tell us the truth??? Figure that one out!!
The suspect is in fact well known by many residents and did in fact work for many of them, and spoke English very well. He spent a lot of time in this park and around the residents. He even brought his wife and kids with him when he did his work!! We gave his kids candy!
It seems that we were given different versions by the park AND the media. I don't know what to say about the park's intentions and how they handled the situation. It created quite a stir and uncomfortable feelings with the residents.
I can say that I personally still feel very safe here. This was not a random act and was a personal issue with the suspect and the victim. AND, by the way, REGARDLESS , of what kind of lifestyle John had, or who he hung out with, NO ONE DESERVES TO BE KILLED over a $200 debt. He was a human being, someone's father, son and friend and should be remembered as such. I am sure we all know someone who has succumbed to the evils of alcohol. He tried more than once to kick it, but couldn't.
It is another very sad situation.
thesarge7
thesarge7

Back to top Go down

Post by thesarge7 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Murder in Jocotepec - Page 5 477249 
thesarge7
thesarge7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:49 pm

No one deserves to be killed for a debt. He did get involved with a culture that acts out more dramatically than ours. And he was drunk and did not think clearly. A bad combination all around.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself Sarge, this is the land of "nothing is as it seems" and lots of people lie. Thank you for your report and your integrity. I'm very happy the Sanchez brothers have stepped up to the truth plate. Too bad they had to be pursuaded.

I think the GR now needs to apologize for treating the report of this murder as an infomercial.

RIP, John.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Don't be too hard on yourself Sarge, this is the land of "nothing is as it seems" and lots of people lie. Thank you for your report and your integrity. I'm very happy the Sanchez brothers have stepped up to the truth plate. Too bad they had to be pursuaded.

I think the GR now needs to apologize for treating the report of this murder as an infomercial.

RIP, John.

Glad to see others found that bit of the Reporters story of this tragic episode to be totally tasteless and offensive. Makes one wonder if they have shares in the trailer park and are hoping to sell the newly vacated spot.... so sad that a human life is so easily dismissed.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Was hoping to see an apology or letter to the editor regarding that offensive infomercial article in this last issue. Nada.
Shame on you, GR. Maybe some reporter got a free weekend at the park for himself and his family. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:55 pm

GR was always tasteless. Look at some of their older headlines, it's a joke.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Can you recommend an alternative publication?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:17 pm

In regards to the interviews given to Guad' reporter.

Try taking a recorder and microphone around town or a trailer park and see what y'all get told, from the public at large.

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:03 pm

It's not about what they were told, it's about the manner in which it was reported.  As in the last 2 paragraphs of the article about a man who was murdered in the trailer park that was a thinly disguised commercial for the amenities of the trailer park.

Oh, and despite what reporters are told, GOOD ones are able to do some digging and come up with the real story and print that. GOOD reporters, that is.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next