INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Defense of Mexican Drivers

+17
hockables
Mainecoons
Trailrunner
RoofBob
Axixic
MexicoPete
johninajijic
gringal
Jim W
CanuckBob
brigitte
seisdedos
Zedinmexico
viajero
ferret
Ms.Thang
CheenaGringo
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

In Defense of Mexican Drivers - Page 3 Empty Re: In Defense of Mexican Drivers

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:00 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

You are assuming alot dude.!!!!! Yes Lewis and Lewis knows I am an Oregonian because they got all my info.
Lewis and Lewis is in LA Califonia. Lewis and Lewis probably would not sell an Egyptian a policy. Whats wrong
can't except being wrong jerk????? I accept it when I am wrong why don't you?

Z

I talked to my insurance agent today. He says you're full of shit. I agrre.

Lewis and Lewis isn't an insurance company. Why wouldn't they sell an Egyptian an insurance policy? Does Qualitas deny insurance to certain nationalities?

seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:50 am

I pay $325 per year with Mapre thru San Javier Insurance in Arizona,Jalisco drivers license,NoB plates on a $15000 Tacoma.
I've been paying for car insurance since I was 16,never had a claim in all that time,knock on wood,They've done alright by me, that's for sure.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 am

seisdedos wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

You are assuming alot dude.!!!!! Yes Lewis and Lewis knows I am an Oregonian because they got all my info.
Lewis and Lewis is in LA Califonia. Lewis and Lewis probably would not sell an Egyptian a policy. Whats wrong
can't except being wrong jerk????? I accept it when I am wrong why don't you?

Z

I talked to my insurance agent today. He says you're full of shit. I agrre.

Lewis and Lewis isn't an insurance company. Why wouldn't they sell an Egyptian an insurance policy? Does Qualitas deny insurance to certain nationalities?

And lewis and lewis sells mexican insurance. They are underwritten by a
mexican insurance company. Have you ever thought that your agent
could be wrong? Does he represent the company the Lewis and Lewis
uses as an underwriter?? Others have pointed out how cheap there
policies are and they are gringoes. Why can't you believe it?

What is wrong with you? You asked if an Egyptian would get a policy no
they wouldn't unless they live in the US than they could get a policy.
Last I checked most Egyptians live in Africa. Nice you play the race card
with no sense of reality. You are an idiot. Leave me alone.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 am

gringal wrote:Again, it depends entirely on the make and model of the car, so yes, it's possible your make and model would be more expensive to insure in Mexico.

Of course it makes a difference on the year, make, model and value of the car. You can't insure Cadillac SRX that costs $ 40 K US for the same money as a Honda Fit that costs $ 15 K US.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 am

Parker wrote:
seisdedos wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
seisdedos wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Thanks for calling me a liar.

Z

Don't mention it. And it keeps getting worse.

I truly feel sorry for you.
It must really suck to be you.
You are one of the most miserable people I know down here.

Z

You don't know me. Up there, down here, wherever.

I simply asked you to prove your claim and you weren't able to do so. I didn't call you a liar, that was your assumption. I just responded to your ridiculousness with sarcasm. I assumed you were mistaken and I still hold that opinion.

seisdedos, think about it this way; in the US you make errors and if caught you pay very heavy penalties where in Mexico, not so much. So in all reality who do you think are conditioned to be more careful? Insurance companies are very aware of this, IMHO. The great thing about Mexico is they’re willing to give a break to those that actually try to follow the rules where in the states they are only out to screw everyone.

Give a break to who in Mexico?? The insurance companies here charge everyone the same whether you're a good driver or a crappy Mexican driver who gets into accidents. In the US you get a break for being a good driver, while the bad driver can pay double for his insurance,
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
Z
seisdedos you need to stop playing that Egyptian race card,it's getting kind of old!! Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:09 am

johninajijic wrote:
gringal wrote:Again, it depends entirely on the make and model of the car, so yes, it's possible your make and model would be more expensive to insure in Mexico.

Of course it makes a difference on the year, make, model and value of the car. You can't insure Cadillac SRX that costs $ 40 K US for the same money as a Honda Fit that costs $ 15 K US.

Apples and oranges, John. What I said originally was that it was the ACCIDENT RECORD IN MEXICO of any particular make and model that determines the cost of the insurance, not whether the owner is a Mexican or a foreigner. Quoting half a post answering another post doesn't cut it. And of course, you will pay more for your collision coverage if you have an expensive car.....replacement value, etc. Liability insurance is about the type (make and model) vehicle's accident record. This is a very different approach than the U.S. insurance companies', which charge largely on the driver's accident record.

So, the discussion of whether gringos pay more or less is utterly irrelevant in terms of what's covered, for how much and why. Most of this thread was pure speculation, hearsay and guesswork. I'm relaying what the insurance agent told me.

We drive an inexpensive car because we don't feel a need to invest in an expensive one. As a result, we pay less for overall insurance. Most cars look like hell after a few years in Mexico, no matter what you pay for them.
If somebody else gets a high from being seen in a Mercedes or Caddy......it's probably worth it.........to them. cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:30 am

I guess Seisdedos was right to question Zed afterall. Beer

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:45 am

Hey Zed, just keep piling it back on him. He's found you now coz he got tired piling it on top of Mainecoons.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:20 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

And lewis and lewis sells mexican insurance. They are underwritten by a
mexican insurance company. Have you ever thought that your agent
could be wrong? Does he represent the company the Lewis and Lewis
uses as an underwriter?? Others have pointed out how cheap there
policies are and they are gringoes. Why can't you believe it?

Gringos (and Mexicans that hold Resident Alien status too, BTW) who have US plated vehicles pay less and that is what the others have pointed out. Not that gringos with Mexican plated vehicles pay less because they're better drivers as you mistakenly claim.

Zedinmexico wrote:What is wrong with you? You asked if an Egyptian would get a policy no
Z

So an Egyptian that doesn't live in the US can't get auto insurance in Mexico? How stupid can you get? Do you think that there are no people in this country from countries such as Egypt? Or Sri Lanka? I mentioned that country also. How about Pakistan? My daughter was the Assistant Commercial Officer for the Pakistani Embassy in Mexico City. She helped Pakistan business people get in contact with Mexican businesses and vice versa. There were (are) Pakistanis living and working in this country. Would you say they can't get auto insurance? It doesn't matter where you come from. If you own a car in Mexico you can get it insured. As others have pointed out, the rates are based on the car and not the driver.

The truth is you are a big bag of wind who posts stupid shit and when you're called out on it you throw your little fits.

This whole little discussion is about Mexican plated vehicles and their insurance rates. You pulled some wild claim out of your ass that said "visa holders" who own Mexican plated vehicles pay less than Mexican citizens for the same insurance. I asked for proof and you have been spewing your stupidity all over this thread. You haven't once shown any proof. Because plain and simple your claim is false.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 am

gringal wrote:I don't know what the rest of you are driving, but our 2010 Honda FIT, insured with AXA through Jesus Tejada, and with Jalisco plates, cost the equivalent of $643 US., including IVA, when we paid in June. We have full coverage. He told us that the amount is strictly based on the model of car and its (not your) accident rating. We are FM2 holders.

Somebody is either driving a model with a high average accident incidence or somebody is talking through a sombrero. Or maybe both.
Rolling Eyes

Here we go, gringal, a "visa holder" pays approx 8000 pesos for a vehicle with a value of at the most 200,000 pesos. My wife has a vehicle with a value of 320,000 pesos and pays 10,611 pesos and that is a more expensive price because the vehicle is financed and we are basically forced to use the insurer of the lending institution.

Gringal is paying just shy of 4% of the vehicle's value for her policy and we pay 3.3%.

seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:45 am

We are separating out the liability and the collision here, si?
So.......we're just about right.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 pm

There's an Egyptian who owns a restaurant on the plaza in Ajijic.
If it is so damn important to know what happens to Egyptians and what they pay for insurance, maybe he could shed some light on it...providing he owns a vehicle with his name on the factura, if Mexican plated. Now if he has an Egyptian plated vehicle, or an Egyptian manufactured one, that probably will be a separate category of actuarial data...coz someone said on another thread that Egyptians are worse drivers than Mexicans. But then is it the vehicle or the driver??
I'll probably have another sleepless night trying to figure this out Smokealot
BTW...the Egyptian's prices for his food are very reasonable...so maybe he doesn't even have auto insurance.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Going back to the original topic, we completed our R/T yesterday and arrived back to the Lake. 1822 miles and ironically we saw out first accident yesterday right in front of Motel Eddy's after merging from the Ocotlan/La Barca Hwy - one small SUV rear ended another SUV big time.

The approximate (because I missed a few) tope count was 1762 without counting the minor plastic slowdown strips. In rough calculations, one can pretty well figure an average of 2 topes for each mile traveled on non-cuota roads. This estimate accounts for the open stretches without topes but all of those in wide spots in the road or in towns/villages. Yesterday was a record setter driving from Patzcuaro to the Lake using a fair amount of libres - 479!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:28 pm

We drive an inexpensive car because we don't feel a need to invest in an expensive one. As a result, we pay less for overall insurance. Most cars look like hell after a few years in Mexico, no matter what you pay for them.
If somebody else gets a high from being seen in a Mercedes or Caddy......it's probably worth it.........to them.

LOL, you got that right. Good thing Fernando does good work cheap.

Interesting how Seis can turn even a topic about insurance into another bout of Octagon unpleasantness. It follows you around like a bad odor, Seis. scratch

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

You lose more credibility with each post.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
If somebody else gets a high from being seen in a Mercedes or Caddy......it's probably worth it.........to them.

LOL, you got that right. Good thing Fernando does good work cheap.

Interesting how Seis can turn even a topic about insurance into another bout of Octagon unpleasantness. It follows you around like a bad odor, Seis. scratch

No, pinhead, that bad odor is because you have your nose up zedski's ass. Take another deep whiff. You're one of those "the enemy of my enemy" kinda guys. I see you have added nothing whatsoever to this thread except lame attempts to discredit me. Sorry bucko, you ain't smart enough do that. After all, you weren't even smart enough to understand that zed is full of shit.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Quoting MC: "Interesting how Seis can turn even a topic about insurance into another bout of Octagon unpleasantness. It follows you around like a bad odor, Seis."

So would you rather that a bunch of misinformation gets posted without being challenged? Sounds like other forums and then people can act amazed when things don't happen the way one of the experts says it will!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:56 pm

slainte39 wrote:There's an Egyptian who owns a restaurant on the plaza in Ajijic.
If it is so damn important to know what happens to Egyptians and what they pay for insurance, maybe he could shed some light on it...providing he owns a vehicle with his name on the factura, if Mexican plated. Now if he has an Egyptian plated vehicle, or an Egyptian manufactured one, that probably will be a separate category of actuarial data...coz someone said on another thread that Egyptians are worse drivers than Mexicans. But then is it the vehicle or the driver??
BTW...the Egyptian's prices for his food are very reasonable...so maybe he doesn't even have auto insurance.

But does he walk like an Egyptian? Maybe he is really a Somali? And there is no way in hell lewis and Lewis would sell an insurance policy to a Somali.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 pm

casi nada wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

You lose more credibility with each post.

So are you saying we don't pay less in Mexico????

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 pm

seisdedos wrote:
slainte39 wrote:There's an Egyptian who owns a restaurant on the plaza in Ajijic.

But does he walk like an Egyptian? Maybe he is really a Somali? And there is no way in hell lewis and Lewis would sell an insurance policy to a Somali.

He is an Egyptian from Cairo and Lewis and Lewis would
be glad to sell him a policy if he was a resident of the US.
He is not.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
So are you saying we don't pay less in Mexico????

Z

Here's your quote:

Zedinmexico wrote:The telling fact is even with Mexican plates we visa holders
pay less for car insurance than Mexicans. The statistics say it all.
Z

And yes, based on the above quote you are 100% wrong. I know you're trying to finesse your way out of the jam you're in, but you have confused two separate issues, the issue of plates and drivers. I suggest you throw in the towel and bow out gracefully. I know, because we've bought Jalisco plated cars and the insurance is the same as a Mexican driver would pay.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Quoting MC: "Interesting how Seis can turn even a topic about insurance into another bout of Octagon unpleasantness. It follows you around like a bad odor, Seis."

So would you rather that a bunch of misinformation gets posted without being challenged? Sounds like other forums and then people can act amazed when things don't happen the way one of the experts says it will!

No problem, it is how it is challenged that is the problem. One can disagree without being disagreeable.

You often have that same problem in disagreeing with people without getting nasty about it.

BTW, my friends who I cited earlier are U.S., not Mexican citizens, they drive a vehicle of similar value as ours but with Jalisco plates and they pay twice as much for insurance as we do. Ours is less than $400, theirs is over $600. Both are relatively older, cheaper cars.

Another possible variable here is location within Jalisco. Do people who actually live in GDL pay more for insurance than people who live in the state but not GDL?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Our Jalisco plated van is worth about $55,000 MXN and we paid $4200 MXN for full coverage insurance. Because the van was originally from the US and had been nationalized, I was informed that the insurance would only cover 80% of the van's value. As far as I know I am not an Egyptian......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:24 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
seisdedos wrote:

He is an Egyptian from Cairo and Lewis and Lewis would
be glad to sell him a policy if he was a resident of the US.
He is not.

Z

Just trying to help by digging up an Egyptian, but since there is controversy already to his legitamacy (like rape), I 'll try to find another one.....won't be easy in a small town like Ajijic, halfway around the world.
HELP...someone!!! ( No Somalis...please!!!)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 am

Mainecoons wrote:

No problem, it is how it is challenged that is the problem. One can disagree without being disagreeable.

I simply asked if he could show some proof. Nothing more. He took offense. That's when the disagreeable stuff started.

Mainecoons wrote: BTW, my friends who I cited earlier are U.S., not Mexican citizens, they drive a vehicle of similar value as ours but with Jalisco plates and they pay twice as much for insurance as we do. Ours is less than $400, theirs is over $600. Both are relatively older, cheaper cars.

Another possible variable here is location within Jalisco. Do people who actually live in GDL pay more for insurance than people who live in the state but not GDL?

MC, see if you can grasp this. This isn't about what foreigners pay for foreign plated vehicles. That is something else altogether. zedinmexico claimed "visa holders" paid less for car insurance on MEXICAN PLATED VEHICLES than Mexicans. And some nonsense about statistics on driving records which is also a bunch of crap. He was not able to support his "facts" with any type of proof. None. Because his claim is false. You just cited in your post that your American friends pay twice what you pay for their Mexican plated car.

And then he goes on and on about how some foreign residents of this country cannot be insured. I mean, come on, do you truly believe that bullshit?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next