INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Defense of Mexican Drivers

+17
hockables
Mainecoons
Trailrunner
RoofBob
Axixic
MexicoPete
johninajijic
gringal
Jim W
CanuckBob
brigitte
seisdedos
Zedinmexico
viajero
ferret
Ms.Thang
CheenaGringo
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

In Defense of Mexican Drivers - Page 4 Empty Re: In Defense of Mexican Drivers

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:55 am

Mainecoons wrote:

No problem, it is how it is challenged that is the problem. One can disagree without being disagreeable.

I simply asked if he could show some proof. Nothing more. He took offense. That's when the disagreeable stuff started.

Mainecoons wrote: BTW, my friends who I cited earlier are U.S., not Mexican citizens, they drive a vehicle of similar value as ours but with Jalisco plates and they pay twice as much for insurance as we do. Ours is less than $400, theirs is over $600. Both are relatively older, cheaper cars.

Another possible variable here is location within Jalisco. Do people who actually live in GDL pay more for insurance than people who live in the state but not GDL?

MC, see if you can grasp this. This isn't about what foreigners pay for foreign plated vehicles. That is something else altogether. zedinmexico claimed "visa holders" paid less for car insurance on MEXICAN PLATED VEHICLES than Mexicans. And some nonsense about statistics on driving records which is also a bunch of crap. He was not able to support his "facts" with any type of proof. None. Because his claim is false. You just cited in your post that your American friends pay twice what you pay for their Mexican plated car.

And then he goes on and on about how some foreign residents of this country cannot be insured. I mean, come on, do you truly believe that bullshit?

seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 am

slainte39 wrote:

Just trying to help by digging up an Egyptian.....

If you find one in a gold sarcophagus will you share? I need some help paying my car insurance since I don't get the "visa holder's" discount.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 am

I don't know and I don't care, frankly. Visa holders are foreign citizens, are they not? I apologize to the others here if I didn't quite grasp the distinction but so what? It is not as if threads stay tightly on topic here. I commented on what I do know, that our friends, who do have visas but also Jalisco plates and a vehicle of similar values as ours, are paying a lot more for insurance than we are.

What I do know is what I said. Your personal nastiness follows you around like a bad odor and you've managed to create a couple of equally odious followers who do this board no credit. Why you want to act this way and encourage others to do the same mystifies me.

You really should consider getting some sort of counseling to help you control your anger and bile. It will shorten your life.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:35 am

Mainecoons wrote:I don't no and I don't care, frankly. Visa holders are foreign citizens, are they not? I apologize to the others here if I didn't quite grasp the distinction but so what? It is not as if threads stay tightly on topic here.

What I do know is what I said. Your personal nastiness follows you around like a bad odor and you've managed to create a couple of equally odious followers who do this board no credit.

You really should consider getting some sort of counseling to help you control your anger and bile. It will shorten your life.

There must better reasons to be civil, since some of the nastiest bastids I've ever heard of have lived long and prospered. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 am

I'm speaking in general here.

http://www.liverightlivewell.com/expertqa/anger_muscle_ibs/index.html#axzz24O7hTZKV

Can anger really shorten my life?

BY: John Hanc

Yes, says Jerry Deffenbacher, Ph.D., a professor of psychology who has studied anger at Colorado State University, in Fort Collins. Chronic anger has been associated with high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke. What’s more, research has shown that people with high levels of hostility are more likely to die at an earlier age -- from all causes, not just the aforementioned -- than those with a more peaceful nature. In fact, a recent data analysis from the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging, a 50-year long study of nearly 2,400 individuals, found that men and women who were more emotionally stable -- that is, less likely to become angry or anxious -- better informed, and disciplined and resourceful generally lived longer.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:44 am

Sorry to hijack, but I read early on in this that there is an "arco- norte" route? Could someone explain, please? And forgive me if it is located somewhere in the midst of this post, but it just got tiresome for me.

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Mainecoons wrote:

What I do know is what I said. Your personal nastiness follows you around like a bad odor and you've managed to create a couple of equally odious followers who do this board no credit. Why you want to act this way and encourage others to do the same mystifies me.

My first post in this thread was "Let's see some proof."

My second post in response to some nonsense by zed was "That's no proof at all." Where is the nastiness? No insults or personal attacks where made. I aimed my posts at the message and not the messenger.

He then said I called him a liar which was ridiculous. You then chimed in with some of your usual thinly-veiled snideness in his defense even though both you and he were completely mistaken.

mainecoons wrote:
Would you care to provide specific information that supports your apparent belief that Zed's statement is not correct?

I didn't think so. BTW, my own investigation of this question confirms Zed's analysis. You've yet to provide any analysis of any sort. As usual.

He proved it. Try reading it again until you figure it out.

This insurance part of this thread would have ended quickly if zed would have simply admitted his mistake. But no, he tried to spin and squirm his way out of it and you, shaded by your past animosity towards me, butted in in an unsuccessful attempt to prove me wrong. Better luck next time, bucko, but at least try to grasp the topic before you make the usual fool of yourself.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Go read the link I put up for you. It could save your life.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Go read the link I put up for you. It could save your life.

You assume way too much. Pointing out zed's and your BS doesn't mean one is angry. Most of the time you guy's BS is comical.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Mainecoons wrote:I'm speaking in general here.

http://www.liverightlivewell.com/expertqa/anger_muscle_ibs/index.html#axzz24O7hTZKV

Can anger really shorten my life?

BY: John Hanc

Yes, says Jerry Deffenbacher, Ph.D., a professor of psychology who has studied anger at Colorado State University, in Fort Collins. Chronic anger has been associated with high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke. What’s more, research has shown that people with high levels of hostility are more likely to die at an earlier age -- from all causes, not just the aforementioned -- than those with a more peaceful nature. In fact, a recent data analysis from the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging, a 50-year long study of nearly 2,400 individuals, found that men and women who were more emotionally stable -- that is, less likely to become angry or anxious -- better informed, and disciplined and resourceful generally lived longer.

Does this mean you no longer want to beat up some of your fellow posters? Rolling Eyes
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4