INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

+35
gpbasap
slainte39
kipissippi
NoTengoNada
Smartalex
Stu
solajijic
borderreiver
Pedro
zenwoodle
Jim W
RVGRINGO
mapleleaf
peteben
CanuckBob
Nosnow
Flamingo
Charliej
Grizzy
kb9gzg
otrocanuck
islandiver
viajero
Lady Otter Latté
Trailrunner
arbon
Intercasa
mattoleriver
oncesubtle
JayBear
gringal
natbug
Zedinmexico
Playaboy
windrider17
39 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 6 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by Flamingo Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Apparently the update letter was also sent out by Lisa Jorgenson of the Lake Chapala Reporter [not to be confused with the Guadalajara Reporter], who had been one of the original boosters and who had posted the informational brochures on YouTube. At least she admitted she was wrong.

Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project - Page 6 Empty Re: If this is for real it is scary - Lake City project

Post by DaveP Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:No surprises there. But, ummm, what the heck is "Mexpats Lake Chapala"?

Its a facebook page
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:05 pm

Advertisers are looking inside your brain: Neuromarketing is here and it knows what you want.

Brainsights promises to reveal what types of messaging grabs consumers the most on a subconscious level — not just what they, or ad execs, think they want — on the presumption that ads that rouse deep feelings in consumers make us more likely to buy a product or service

Neuromarketing
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Maybe they should build it in the west end between the two Pemex stations, flat land and easier to make a 3 or 4 lane road

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Or better yet, maybe they should build it in Miami where it would fit right in. The good folks in Joco already got screwed over once by a developer - they may not be as receptive a 2nd time.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Amen Flamingo.

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:23 pm

I can't believe, I really can't believe, I just read a link from arbon. From the article linked:

"Brainsights uses headbands equipped with research-grade EEG scanners that map viewers’ brainwaves every two milliseconds while they watch ads, gauging their degree of attention, peaks and valleys of emotional connectedness, and how well they appear to be “encoding” the messages, or committing them to memory."

As someone with 25 years of experience creating advertising campaigns for the largest companies on earth, most recently the international launch of a new vehicle from a little Canadian outfit called Ford Motour Company, arbon, I can assure you that your neurons remain safely unpenetrated under the aluminum cap your wearing.

Oh, crap. I think I've been punked!

smash comp
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:46 pm

Who watches ads?  Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:33 am

zenwoodle wrote:Who watches ads?  Beer

The people Lakeside that didn't know what time April 1st is in Spain, on March 31st Lakeside.

¿Did 250 persons really go to the meeting?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:34 am

zenwoodle wrote:Who watches ads?  Beer

Exactly.
I put adblock on my laptop.  Poof.
I don't watch commercial TV.  Double poof.
I don't pay any attention to the billboards since they are pitched to young girls anyway. Grandma don't care no more.
The last ads I've seen are a year old copy of Vanity Fair in the doc's office last week and I literally cannot believe what they are attempting to sell since I've never seen anyone wearing anything like it......ever girls from D.F.

If I leave the tinfoil beanie off.........I'M SAFE !!
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:38 am

Rosa Venus wrote:I can't believe, I really can't believe, I just read a link from arbon. From the article linked:

"Brainsights uses headbands equipped with research-grade EEG scanners that map viewers’ brainwaves every two milliseconds while they watch ads, gauging their degree of attention, peaks and valleys of emotional connectedness, and how well they appear to be “encoding” the messages, or committing them to memory."

As someone with 25 years of experience creating advertising campaigns for the largest companies on earth, most recently the international launch of a new vehicle from a little Canadian outfit called Ford Motour Company, arbon, I can assure you that your neurons remain safely unpenetrated under the aluminum cap your wearing.

smash comp

¿Venus Envy?

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 am

Rosa Venus wrote:I can't believe, I really can't believe, I just read a link from arbon. From the article linked:

smash comp
you must be truly amazing to do this all by yourself . i have worked for some agencies with multinational clients, owned one ad agency and a sales promo agency and was an independent consultant as well and we must not have been as smart as you because we always worked as a team.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:20 pm

arbon+pedro=un par de pendejos.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm

I had been thinking "Dueling Narcissists" but "par de pendejos" works for me too. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:13 pm

viajero wrote:arbon+pedro=un par de pendejos.

But they're just such terrible meanies. I'm emotionally devastated by their replies given the profound respect I have for both.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:47 pm

I know what you mean, Rosa. Knowing they will never love us cuts like a knife, doesn't it? Rolling Eyes
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I know what you mean, Rosa. Knowing they will never love us cuts like a knife, doesn't it?  Rolling Eyes

You will have to make do with Benjji, and a step ladder.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:00 pm

To bad bennie doesn't post on this board, as we could have "three of a kind", on our way to a full house.
Unlike the poker parlance of three of kind, these three would all be of the same suit..... i.e.,empty.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:37 pm

slainte39 wrote:

To bad bennie doesn't post on this board, as we could have "three of a kind", on our way to a full house.
Unlike the poker parlance of three of kind, these three would all be of the same suit..... i.e.,empty.
i believe you just described yourself and about four others for an empty vessel full house.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:28 am

OK, I was lying; so I'll call and raise since you think I have five of a kind. The joker in my hand is wild, isn't it?   Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:42 am

slainte39 wrote:OK, I was lying; so I'll call and raise since you think I have five of a kind. The joker in my hand is wild, isn't it?   Very Happy
"Sometimes nuthin can be a real cool hand."...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:45 am

viajero wrote:
slainte39 wrote:OK, I was lying; so I'll call and raise since you think I have five of a kind. The joker in my hand is wild, isn't it?   Very Happy
"Sometimes nuthin can be a real cool hand."...

What the hell is an empty vessel full house? Does it beat a royal flush? scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6