INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More on the virus

+32
helohfe
Lucky Girl
MexicoPete
TomQC
caligirl108
Catoca
RVGRINGO
Heem
Zea
espíritu del lago
CHILLIN
sampati
SunshineyDay
Frijoles
kiko
brigitte
WillieRae
mattoleriver
gringal
Plan B
Ukiyo
Smartalex
ComputerGuy
gatosigi
lakeside7
mudgirl
slainte39
Trailrunner
BisbeeGal
ferret
Jreboll
CanuckBob
36 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

More on the virus - Page 33 Empty Re: More on the virus

Post by ferret Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:05 am

Supposed stats for Tuesday, January 26th, 2021...
More on the virus - Page 33 Nacio233
More on the virus - Page 33 Jalis225
More on the virus - Page 33 Chapa234
More on the virus - Page 33 Jocot230
More on the virus - Page 33 Ixtla227
More on the virus - Page 33 Tuxcu229
More on the virus - Page 33 Tizap232

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 am

FERRET reports that CFE is out in her vicinity, and asks us to be patient until she can once again report the Covid status.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:51 am

Thanks Mike.
Supposed stats for Wednesday, January 27th, 2021...
More on the virus - Page 33 Nacio235
More on the virus - Page 33 Jalis227
More on the virus - Page 33 Chapa236
More on the virus - Page 33 Jocot232
More on the virus - Page 33 Ixtla229
More on the virus - Page 33 Tuxcu231
More on the virus - Page 33 Tizap235

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:44 am

Supposed stats for Thursday, January 28th, 2021...
More on the virus - Page 33 Nacio236
More on the virus - Page 33 Jalis228
More on the virus - Page 33 Chapa237
More on the virus - Page 33 Jocot233
More on the virus - Page 33 Ixtla230
More on the virus - Page 33 Tuxcu232
More on the virus - Page 33 Tizap236
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:50 am

Hector Espana, Ajijic Liason, just announced Chapala has had over 400 cases. He doesnt say how many are currently active though. That is the important number.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:22 pm

Early on in the pandemic they were multiplying the positive numbers by 10 to arrive at the actual infected cases. So you could say there’s about 4000 infected persons walking around among you.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

solajijic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Jreboll wrote:Early on in the pandemic they were multiplying the positive numbers by 10 to arrive at the actual infected cases. So you could say there’s about 4000 infected persons walking around among you.

No, you can't say that at all. They won't even say if the stats they are counting is "tests done" or "tests positive" AND the 400 is since the very BEGINNING of keeping records. Dumb. REALLY DUMB! And some of those people have died so they really aren't walking around amongst us by any stretch of the imagination. And many have recovered. Totally bullshit way of keeping stats... so bad that I wouldn't even call them stats at all.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:25 pm

My conclusions are just as silly as the numbers being given.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:32 pm

Let the country that is without sin cast the first stone.

They are a guideline ONLY. The best rule of thumb is to assume that EVERYONE is a carrier and act accordingly. I live alone and have not seen any friends socially for a year now. Nor have I eaten in restaurants. I go out once every couple of weeks for a big grocery shop and once a week for fill in items. I would love a haircut and I would love to go the dentist. I am grateful for the internet and online communications with friends. If I have to go through the pandemic, I am also grateful to be in a warm sunny environment where everything is pretty much five minutes away.
I'll live.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté, kamcd, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:49 pm

ALL rhe information is suspect.. in CHiapas they say they have the lowest number of cases in the country and it just came out that the IMSS hospital director is lying and has not aknowledge yet that one doctor is dead as well as a service person and 4 other doctors are in a ver serious situation with tracheotomies.. so who do you believe the , guy who wrote the article, the director, the number of graves.. it is just crazy..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:40 pm

I just don't understand why they would lie about it. The states set their own rules anyway. If anything they could miss out on some federal funding. Never heard of tracheotomies being helpful for covid.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:45 pm

I can tell you have never been in a Chiapas hospital..  It was in the paper Proceso and the doctors are passing it around with the names of the doctors  who are sick or the two   people from that hospital that have died..It is happening in the IMSS on 5 de Mayo in Tuxtla.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:05 pm

Of course I haven't been in a Chiapas hospital. I'm questioning why they would lie about the total number of covid cases/deaths in the state of Chiapas not about two doctors that may have died......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 pm

Because saving face is more important than the truth in Mexico's culture. It is the one thing that bugs me about Mexico.
I don't want to hear what you THINK I want to hear so don't give me directions to somewhere when what you really need to say is that you don't know.
Honesty is absolutely THE most important thing in this world.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl, kamcd and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:26 am

ferret wrote:Because saving face is more important than the truth in Mexico's culture. It is the one thing that bugs me about Mexico.
I don't want to hear what you THINK I want to hear so don't give me directions to somewhere when what you really need to say is that you don't know.
Honesty is absolutely THE most important thing in this world.

I agree, Ferret. The other part of that mentality is never admitting culpability for anything. "No tengo la culpa". "Se rompio"- it broke, passive tense. Like it just jumped off the table all by itself. Not "I'm so sorry, I accidentally broke it".

My neighbor had a maid who was really clutzy and seemed to break something every time she came to clean, a glass, a plate, a mirror. The neighbor said she wasn't that upset about the broken things, but that this woman would stuff the broken pieces in the bottom of the garbage bin, as if it would never be noticed, instead of fessing up and apologizing.

One of my daughters is married to a Mexican who grew up in East L.A. He actually says, "Everyone is out to screw you so you may as well screw them first." My sweet, generous Canadian daughter, who would give you the shirt off her back, tells him, "That's not my reality. People don't act like that where I come from."

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:24 am

Since when isn't "saving face" important in other cultures? People tend to make some elaborate excuses for everything they don't feel comfortable admitting, everywhere. In Mexico, it seems to take on a more straightforward form in the manner of denial, as in "it broke". At first, that's a bit shocking. Then, I got used to it. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:32 am

Supposed stats for Friday, January 29th, 2021... they ain't goin' down and stayin' down....
More on the virus - Page 33 Nacio237
More on the virus - Page 33 Jalis229
More on the virus - Page 33 Chapa238
More on the virus - Page 33 Jocot234
More on the virus - Page 33 Ixtla231
More on the virus - Page 33 Tuxcu233
More on the virus - Page 33 Tizap237
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:31 pm

gringal wrote:Since when isn't "saving face" important in other cultures? People tend to make some elaborate excuses for everything they don't feel comfortable admitting, everywhere. In Mexico, it seems to take on a more straightforward form in the manner of denial, as in "it broke". At first, that's a bit shocking. Then, I got used to it. Very Happy

I think it's a human tendency to want to save face, but it's much more ingrained, universal and extreme in some cultures than others.

When my kids were young and accidentally broke something, I just reacted by saying, oh, too bad, oh well. But their dad would get mad, saying they were careless, thoughtless, etc.

So they would always come to me to tell me if they broke something, but would try to hide it from their dad.

Once my daughter dropped a plate when carrying it to the sink. She started crying and I told her it was okay, it was just an accident, it's only a plate, no need to cry. She replied, "But it was your favorite one".

When children aren't taken to task about things like that, they can react with their true feelings, which in that case was that she felt bad about breaking something she knew I really liked. If kids are berated for mistakes or accidents, their reaction is defensive, denying responsibilty, coming up with excuses or learning to hide the evidence.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal, Frijoles, Lucky Girl and kamcd like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:04 pm

Supposed stats for Saturday, January 30th, 2021...
More on the virus - Page 33 Nacio238
More on the virus - Page 33 Jalis230
More on the virus - Page 33 Chapa239
More on the virus - Page 33 Jocot235
More on the virus - Page 33 Ixtla232
More on the virus - Page 33 Tuxcu234
More on the virus - Page 33 Tizap238
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:10 pm

I actually don't agree with either Gringal or Mudgirl about "saving face" but perhaps it comes down to what you're "saving face" about.
Where do you draw the line? If you did something wrong, fess up. If you don't know the answer, you don't lie about something to make yourself look good. Do you speed away from an accident? Do you only work hard when somebody's watching?
It's about honesty and doing the right thing. Nothing more and nothing less.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lucky Girl and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:13 pm

Yes, I think it does come down to what you're saving face about. We've likely all told 'little white lies' at some point. There's a difference between claiming you were late due to getting stuck behind a cement truck because you don't want to admit you were watching youtube videos when you should have been getting ready to go, and accidentally destroying someone's property and claiming it had nothing to do with you.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:37 pm

For a number of years I travelled by car across Mexico. I cannot count the number of times I got directions from Mexicans who did not want to disappoint me by saying they didn't know, and set me off in completely the wrong direction. (The only time in Canada I got that kind of response was looking for the football statium in Montreal for a Grey Cup game, and purposely sent in the wrong direction by a Monteraler who apparently hated Le Maudit Anglais.)

My maid regularly breaks things and makes them vanish, or feigns surprise when I find something and point it out.

My gardener has broken every statue and pot that can break in my yard, and has never hidden them, but has left me to discover them for myself.

Is it saving face or is it something else? I don't know. But it is consistent in Mexico IMO. But, Ferret, YMMV. Very Happy
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:26 pm

It doesn't. But I am now rather upfront about things that get broken and that I have to be told if something gets broken when I have a new housekeeper. I understand that accidents happen.
Now if I could just figure out why my set of cutlery FOR TWELVE is now 9 soup spoons and 8 forks. I would rather have given a cutlery set to someone because this set was bought by mother as a gift to us.
Yeah, I know. It's just stuff. Sigh.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:22 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:For a number of years I travelled by car across Mexico. I cannot count the number of times I got directions from Mexicans who did not want to disappoint me by saying they didn't know, and set me off in completely the wrong direction. (The only time in Canada I got that kind of response was looking for the football statium in Montreal for a Grey Cup game, and purposely sent in the wrong direction by a Monteraler who apparently hated Le Maudit Anglais.)

Mexicans are total amateurs in giving wrong directions compared to the Irish. In Ireland, direction givers all have PHD¨S.  More on the virus - Page 33 851398

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

ComputerGuy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:51 pm

ferret wrote:It doesn't. But I am now rather upfront about things that get broken and that I have to be told if something gets broken when I have a new housekeeper. I understand that accidents happen. Now if I could just figure out why my set of cutlery FOR TWELVE is now 9 soup spoons and 8 forks. I would rather have given a cutlery set to someone because this set was bought by mother as a gift to us. Yeah, I know. It's just stuff. Sigh.

Now that is interesting. I've noticed I'm low on forks. This is MY cutlery; I have no kids who would have taken them outside; I've never loaned a piece... what is up widdat?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:39 am

Vaccination is not the be all and end all...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/many-who-have-received-the-coronavirus-vaccine-wonder-what-can-i-safely-do/ar-BB1dhpEN

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next