INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More on the virus

+32
helohfe
Lucky Girl
MexicoPete
TomQC
caligirl108
Catoca
RVGRINGO
Heem
Zea
espíritu del lago
CHILLIN
sampati
SunshineyDay
Frijoles
kiko
brigitte
WillieRae
mattoleriver
gringal
Plan B
Ukiyo
Smartalex
ComputerGuy
gatosigi
lakeside7
mudgirl
slainte39
Trailrunner
BisbeeGal
ferret
Jreboll
CanuckBob
36 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

More on the virus - Page 32 Empty Re: More on the virus

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:39 pm

mudgirl wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
brigitte wrote:Yes we all know CHiapas i a leader in that  field... Very Happy   If yo believe their BS I also have tons of recipes on how to beat covid...It would be fabulous if it realy worked but any new from down there , I take with a grain od salt..and I stay away from the hospitals down there.. Been there a couple of times and that was enough.

Chiapas currently has one of the lowest infection and mortality rates in the country. Do some research.

https://c19study.com/chamie.html

According to other posts I've read from brigette, she knows Chiapas quite well and has a home there. She says the indigenous won't go to the doctor and many are infected and dying of COVID at home. Those infections and deaths go unreported. Official numbers for Chiapas are probably the most misleading in all of Mexico.

They have seen similar results in Peru and some parts of Brazil and I believe Argentina. There are plenty of reports if you wish to do the research.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:55 pm

AMLO has tested positive for covid. He claims to have mild symptoms and is being treated. I guess this was inevitable since he has refused to wear a mask, relying instead on "amulets" for protection.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:52 pm

When someone downplays the seriousness of the virus, and refuses to wear a mask, as far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't be eligible to receive any treatment. I don't care what position they hold or what a big shot they are.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and LLiving like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:57 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
mudgirl wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
brigitte wrote:Yes we all know CHiapas i a leader in that  field... Very Happy   If yo believe their BS I also have tons of recipes on how to beat covid...It would be fabulous if it realy worked but any new from down there , I take with a grain od salt..and I stay away from the hospitals down there.. Been there a couple of times and that was enough.

Chiapas currently has one of the lowest infection and mortality rates in the country. Do some research.

https://c19study.com/chamie.html

According to other posts I've read from brigette, she knows Chiapas quite well and has a home there. She says the indigenous won't go to the doctor and many are infected and dying of COVID at home. Those infections and deaths go unreported. Official numbers for Chiapas are probably the most misleading in all of Mexico.

They have seen similar results in Peru and some parts of Brazil and I believe Argentina. There are plenty of reports if you wish to do the research.

Lots of Mexicans I know tell me they had COVID months or weeks ago. They said they had all the symptoms and felt awful. But none of them went to the doctor or got tested. The stats in Mexico are not to be believed, aside from what the hospitals are reporting.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukiyo Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:13 pm

AMLO tests positive for Covid-19
I do not feel sorry for him a bit!

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/24/americas/mexico-president-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

Ukiyo

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 pm

Macho bullshit = stupidity. I'd rather see a brain and some f%#king common sense.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:26 pm

Canuck Bob I know everal doctors there who are personal friends and people n the government and I can tell you no one believe the figures and those people are wearing asks and being careful We all know the indigenous do not go to the doctors and do die without going to the hospitls because of their believes, they also do not wear masks . Every time ther is a large fieta like the one that just happened in Zinacantan the death rate goes up ,, same thing in Chiapa de Corzo, Ixtapa and Venustiano Carranza.. It is not in the interest of tourism to scare people so everyone is happy with the figures.but the people at the top do protect themselves.. I wonder why if the death rate is so low and if that have this wonderful treatment.
The tests down there are only done to people who have ymptoms and go and get tested. There is no oxigen to be had and on and on.. Do not believe thee wonderful statistic for one second.
I read the local press and the national press , I am as well informed as most and I also see what is going on in the communities.. So one hospital is using that frug, I cannot affect the numbers that much..
Again today I was speaking with people from Venustiano Caranze who were telling me how bad the situation was there . I ll believe the people telling me about their deads over the yellow or green they are giving the state any day.
People down ther as a rule do not wear masks, use public transportation a lot and have big events despite the government interdictions... and it is the perfect situation to get sick.. so it is difficult to believe they do not get sick and that some of them do not die. I was there 4 weeks ago and I am cancelling my trip back thi coming week.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

RVGRINGO and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:37 pm

I can't "like" the content of your post but I can thank you, Brigitte, for your honesty and candor. I also don't believe the statistics... just the trends that they indicate. It ain't perfect but it's better than flying blind. Stay safe.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

brigitte and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:09 pm

I do not think the government lies but the problem is that a large part of the population is poor and ignorant, does not go to doctor or hospitals so the statistics are off. One plus is that if getting covid gives you some type of immunity many people down there are going to be immune.. that may be a plus for them.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:18 am

ferret wrote:Macho bullshit = stupidity. I'd rather see a brain and some f%#king common sense.

All one has to do is look at the countries where COVID is raging compared to those where it is more under control and look at the leadership in those countries. The correlation is pretty obvious. Trump, Bolsanaro, AMLO, bunch of arrogant bastards.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, RVGRINGO, LLiving, Lucky Girl and Ukiyo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:31 am

"Poor and ignorant" I might be able to understand. But the weekend parties that rage with live music, in Riberas and SAT alone, are legion. We're talking self-entitled Mexicans. Our own premier back home regularly expresses amazement and disappointment at the same stupidity portrayed regularly by self-entitled Ontarioans, while they ask "how can this be"?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, ferret and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:02 am

Yesterday, here in Texas, I showed up at Walmart at opening tine. There must have been about 10 customers waiting, all properly distancing. As soon as the door opens this white middle age woman from the back of the line rushes in, pushing others aside without even saying “excuse me”. Same thing happened to me about a month ago but that time it was a Mexican older lady along with her daughter.
Race or nationality has nothing to do with it. Stupid is as stupid does.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:34 am

No one said anything about race. It's just a fact that the parties we hear like this are Mexicans, not expats. but I did balance my post by pointing out the same arseholeness in Ontario. There was no reason for you to bring race into it.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, Irish Gal and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:20 am

Nothin that is for sure.g to do with race, there are entitled, selfish or  stupid peope in all countries, all cultures all races...

Also I see alot of fatalism in Mexico and some blind faith, God will take care of us and that is his will type of attitude which is hard to fight.. add to that, the government is trying to kill us or the covid doe not exist or you can fight it with boiled garlic, onion,lemon and honey and you have a real problem..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:36 am

That explains it... I forgot the onions... !
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret, brigitte and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:21 pm

brigitte wrote:
Also I see alot of fatalism in Mexico and some blind faith, God will take care of us and that is his will type of attitude which is hard to fight..

For sure. They have that attitude when it comes to things like fatal traffic accidents, too. It was "God's will" that your uncle died, not the fact that he was trying to pass 2 cars on a blind curve.

It was "God's will" that your primo had to get his foot amputated due to his diabetes, not the fact that he drank 2 liters of Coca Cola a day and tons of sugary pastries which caused his diabetes in the first place.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

LLiving likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:46 pm

The best thing about God is that there's SOMEONE to blame.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Well as many of you know it is never your fault in Mexico so yes Gringal the best thing about God is that you can blame it for everything, Muslims are the same...Inch Allah
ha ha it is cultural..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Carlos Slim is positive as well

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Canuckbob better buy that antiparasite covid medecine, by coincidence the gardener from one of a large property owned by Tapatios just stop by to ask where to find it because his boss just told him to buy a whole bunch and 3 of the farmacies he went to were out..

Meanwhile in France they are already looking for Monulpiravir and all I want is a vaccine that s not CHinese or Russian Beer

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:52 pm

Already got it. At least I'll be worm free if nothing else.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:18 pm

I hope people are aware that parasite medication isn't something you should be consuming as a preventative, only if you feel ill and suspect you have the virus or test positive.
Good to have on tap, though.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:29 pm

“Test positive”
Yes, if you get your results in a timely manner, otherwise go by the symptoms.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:09 am

Supposed stats for Monday, January 25th, 2021...
More on the virus - Page 32 Nacio232
More on the virus - Page 32 Jalis224
More on the virus - Page 32 Chapa233
More on the virus - Page 32 Jocot229
More on the virus - Page 32 Ixtla226
More on the virus - Page 32 Tuxcu228
More on the virus - Page 32 Tizap231
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:21 am

mudgirl wrote:I hope people are aware that parasite medication isn't something you should be consuming as a preventative, only if you feel ill and suspect you have the virus or test positive.
Good to have on tap, though.

They are also looking at it for prevention.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.29.20222661v1

https://www.iol.co.za/mercury/news/doctors-appeal-to-regulator-to-allow-ivermectin-use-for-covid-19-fe5f8938-b0df-4b5d-b915-360775d4f8a0

https://www.dhakatribune.com/health/coronavirus/2020/12/26/bangladeshi-researchers-find-ivermectin-effective-as-covid-19-preventive-drug

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:05 am

Supposed stats for Tuesday, January 26th, 2021...
More on the virus - Page 32 Nacio233
More on the virus - Page 32 Jalis225
More on the virus - Page 32 Chapa234
More on the virus - Page 32 Jocot230
More on the virus - Page 32 Ixtla227
More on the virus - Page 32 Tuxcu229
More on the virus - Page 32 Tizap232
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down