INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashamed to be an American

+20
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
Carry Bean
Lucky Girl
Jreboll
brigitte
BisbeeGal
kiko
mudgirl
gringal
gobluejohn
RoyD
slainte39
rafterbr
Alfredo G
CHILLIN
ComputerGuy
Bearded Beemer
ferret
karjoeaz
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ashamed to be an American - Page 4 Empty Re: Ashamed to be an American

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:13 pm

I remember Joey Shithead, godfather of Canadian punk, DOA. I went to a lot of their shows. My friends in London and Manchester liked them a lot. He is now a city councillor for a suburb of Vancouver, called Burnaby. Here he performs a duo with the Mayor of Burnaby, extolling the benefits of social distancing.

Yes, banning is the wrong word. Not many public libraries would shelf books about anarchy theory and history. There is no interest. Most self declared anarchists I have met I doubt if they even read, much less discuss Marx and Engel's theories about dialectic materialism. As I mentioned before, I learnt about Soviet and Chinese political theory, and we couldn' t resist talking in slogans and diatribes of these two political forces. A pub game. Lucky, no CIA in Britain!

https://music.mxdwn.com/2020/05/03/news/d-o-a-s-lead-singer-joe-keithley-aka-joey-shithead-is-now-a-councillor-in-british-columbia-shares-new-song-were-all-in-this-together-with-citys-mayor/

CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:47 pm

rafterbr wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:"Usually less violent"? As in, show me where they have been violent. "More tolerant" maybe...

And just between you and me, there is no such thing as an "ultra" liberal...

You seem to forget about the liberal terrorist group ANTIFA and the liberal terrorists in Portland who just burned the democratic office calling Biden bad names. Also Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are Liberals. AOC and her squad are ultra liberals.

Since you seem to have a hard time differentiating between various protests, here's an article that points out the false equivalency.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/the-true-intent-of-the-capitol-terrorists/35908/

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Not taking sides here, but..... I don't know if I would expect anyone but a far left liberal to entertain the Palmer Report as even handed.

"The Atlantic's McKay Coppins called the Palmer Report "the publication of record for anti-Trump conspiracy nuts who don’t care about the credibility of the record."[3] The New Republic's Colin Dickey said that Palmer "routinely blasts out stories that sound serious but are actually based on a single, unverified source." On another episode of purportedly overzealous editorialization, he reported Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts had ordered Trump appointee Neil Gorsuch to recuse himself from all Trump-related Russia hearings, with his only sourcing coming from a "single tweet from an anonymous Twitter account under the name 'Puesto Loco.'"

Some have even called it "a mirror image of Brietbart and Infowars, but for the far-left leaning clientele".
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:45 pm

No doubt Palmer Report is left, and has been ruthless about Trump and his cronies, although I don't agree that it is far left- he was all for Biden as nominee, and wrote negative stuff about Bernie and the Bernie bros. The site doesn't bill itself as news, but as opinion pieces. As for it promoting nutty left-wing conspiracies, I haven't seen evidence of that, and I've been reading the site for a long time.

In fact, I find Palmer to be a quite astute political observer. He has been seldom wrong in his predictions and assessments and has reported on things that don't surface in the mainstream media for weeks or months afterwards.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4