INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming to Lake Chapala in August

+11
quiltbugj
gringal
kipissippi
LMarkoya
johninajijic
Axixic
Parker
CanuckBob
juanrey
hockables
kaleah
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Coming to Lake Chapala in August - Page 2 Empty Re: Coming to Lake Chapala in August

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 am

kaleah wrote:I'm only booked for a week at Estrellita's as I planned on finding a rental right away for longer term. If I decide to stay longer I would want to rent a casa, one or two bedroom.

John, could you tell me more about your place? Is it a rental house or apartment? Long-term, short-term? How much?

Kaleah, there is a banner ad at the top of the forum for 2 bd apartment rentals. I have stayed at Casa Dulce and it is very reasonably priced and in an excellent location, 1 blk from the lake. Click on it for more info.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Coming to Lake Chapala in August - Page 2 Empty Re: Coming to Lake Chapala in August

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 am

kaleah wrote:I'm only booked for a week at Estrellita's as I planned on finding a rental right away for longer term. If I decide to stay longer I would want to rent a casa, one or two bedroom.

John, could you tell me more about your place? Is it a rental house or apartment? Long-term, short-term? How much?

It is a Studio casita, very private, own entrance and garden. Queen bed, sofa, chair, dinette table, TV armoire, Closet, Drawers, Ceramic tile bathroom and vanity. Totally safe area. Fully furnished. Phone. Satellite TV. Totally all inclusive: Gas - Electric - Purified water - Use of washer and dryer. $ 430 per month Aug 1 - Oct 15th and $ 450 per month Oct 15th to April 15th. If looking longer term 9 months to 1 year, I will adjust the price.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by kaleah Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks for sharing your experiences L. I think I posted this before but for some reason it didn't show up. Maybe the Internet was down, lol.

L. are you still there? Planning on returning soon?

And thanks guys for the rental information. My plans were to come and look around in person so I can get a feel for the areas. I'm sure since it is the rainy season I won't have a problem. But it is great to have options.

kaleah
kaleah

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:36 pm

I think without a car, John's casita might be a little too far out.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:25 pm

kaleah wrote:Thanks for sharing your experiences L. I think I posted this before but for some reason it didn't show up. Maybe the Internet was down, lol.

And thanks guys for the rental information. My plans were to come and look around in person so I can get a feel for the areas. I'm sure since it is the rainy season I won't have a problem. But it is great to have options.

Kaleah
My wife and I are back in Connecticut, but like most, really felt an affinity to the place and the people. We will be back, 2nd trip I'll hope to get more involved with the artistic community

Chances are you will really love the place too.
For a third party opinion I agree that without a car John's place will be a bit off the beaten track, but CBobs reccomondation of Casa Dulsa should be great, right on a main St in Chapala and easy acess to the bus to anywhere.....unless you want to be in Ajijic village and the "heart" of the artistic community and cahotes (someone is bound to kill me on the spelling of that)
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Close.....it is cohetes.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by kaleah Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Yes I heard there is mucho cohetes.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will get a feel for being in the heart of Ajijic my first week. How far is it walking from Chapala to Ajijic? And how easy is it to get a bike? Do people ride scooters here? Are they available?
kaleah
kaleah

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Thre are scooters everywhere. They sell them at a few of the stores arounds here for about $1500. Ajijic is about 7 km from Chapala so it would be quite the hike.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:03 pm

kipissippi wrote:I think without a car, John's casita might be a little too far out.

Oh yeah, like you know. Maybe for you it might be too far or if you're a cripple. But 1 1/2 miles out of town is no big deal. My friend who's 67 walks 4 miles a day. You take a bus at the bottom of the hill or take a Taxi, cheap here. I really don't care if someone wants to spend 4 - 5 times more on just a room with no cooking facilities. Hope they like the noise of cohetes, church bells and the stink of exhaust in the Village.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:20 pm

John you crack me up!!!! Coming to Lake Chapala in August - Page 2 501432
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:48 pm

LMarkoya wrote:
kaleah wrote:Thanks for sharing your experiences L. I think I posted this before but for some reason it didn't show up. Maybe the Internet was down, lol.

Kaleah
My wife and I are back in Connecticut, but like most, really felt an affinity to the place and the people. We will be back, 2nd trip I'll hope to get more involved with the artistic community

Chances are you will really love the place too.
For a third party opinion I agree that without a car John's place will be a bit off the beaten track, but CBobs reccomondation of Casa Dulsa should be great, right on a main St in Chapala and easy acess to the bus to anywhere.....unless you want to be in Ajijic village and the "heart" of the artistic community and cahotes (someone is bound to kill me on the spelling of that)

The Artistic Community in Ajijic and surrounding towns is well represented by the Ajijic Socity of the Arts, founded many years ago. Currently has around 150 members. Come to la Bodega restaurant from the first Monday in September at 10 p.m. (no meeting in August) and join the crew. Meetings are always on the first Mondays. All are welcome, from the pros to the hobbyists.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:24 pm

We will also be visiting in August - exact dates not yet set - but sometime after 8/19. We visited in January - fell in love with the area and are building a home on the western end of Ajijic. We would enjoy getting together with people for coffee or lunch or dinner.

Judy
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:44 pm

quiltbugj wrote:We will also be visiting in August - exact dates not yet set - but sometime after 8/19. We visited in January - fell in love with the area and are building a home on the western end of Ajijic. We would enjoy getting together with people for coffee or lunch or dinner.

Judy

Where will you be staying and for how long?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Gringal is that 10:00 PM..or AM?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 pm

John:

Are you sure that you weren't a time share salesman in a previous life? These repeated high pressure tactics to rent your casita are a bit tedious!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kaleah Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Judy, I would love to meet up with you when you arrive. I will be getting there just ahead of you. Maybe we can get a group together.

Kaleah
kaleah
kaleah

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:41 pm

johninajijic wrote:
quiltbugj wrote:We will also be visiting in August - exact dates not yet set - but sometime after 8/19. We visited in January - fell in love with the area and are building a home on the western end of Ajijic. We would enjoy getting together with people for coffee or lunch or dinner.

Judy

Where will you be staying and for how long?

Our friends have a home in Ajijic and they will be NOB - so have offered to let us stay there. We plan to stay for a week.

Last edited by quiltbugj on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:41 pm

kaleah wrote:Judy, I would love to meet up with you when you arrive. I will be getting there just ahead of you. Maybe we can get a group together.

Kaleah

That would be fun!
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:17 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

Are you sure that you weren't a time share salesman in a previous life? These repeated high pressure tactics to rent your casita are a bit tedious!

I think John may need to dramatically change his on-line persona on these forums if he wishes to attract any customers to live in his Casita.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Uh......yeah.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Jalisco Filarmonica
http://en.ofj.com.mx/

Ajijic Society of the Arts
www.ajijicart.weebly.com
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:48 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:John:

I think John may need to dramatically change his on-line persona on these forums if he wishes to attract any customers to live in his Casita.

I have a friend, a black guy and his Arabic wife, who are both college professors from UCLA, staunch Democrats and personal friends with, and college roommate of Bill Maher
They are planning to come for a visit in August as soon as their Federal grant for studying the indigenous tribes of in Kenya gets approved.
They're on a tight budget, do you think John's place would work?
Being a little outside of Ajijic wouldn't be a problem as they plan on driving their new Mercedes down.
They need a place for about 1 month.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:32 pm

juanrey - That's too funny.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Im a musician as well and me and the wife will take you out for a drink and meet some fellow artists, just pm me when you get here.
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by kaleah Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks Trevor. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Right now my thinking is "I only have a month to move out of my house. So much to do...so little time. Fortunately I'm having a garage sale and will attempt to get rid of everything that won't fit in a small storage. I'm entering the "travel light" phase of my life, unencumbered by "stuff!"
kaleah
kaleah

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 am

Kaleah, a very wise man once told me that you do not own stuff, it owns you. I didn't really understand it until we got rid of absolutely everything we owned and came down here with just our dog, our luggage, my laptop and a bank card. It is the first time I have felt this free since I was a little kid.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next