INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming to Lake Chapala in August

+11
quiltbugj
gringal
kipissippi
LMarkoya
johninajijic
Axixic
Parker
CanuckBob
juanrey
hockables
kaleah
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Coming to Lake Chapala in August - Page 3 Empty Re: Coming to Lake Chapala in August

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 am

Kaleah, a very wise man once told me that you do not own stuff, it owns you. I didn't really understand it until we got rid of absolutely everything we owned and came down here with just our dog, our luggage, my laptop and a bank card. It is the first time I have felt this free since I was a little kid.........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Coming to Lake Chapala in August - Page 3 Empty Re: Coming to Lake Chapala in August

Post by Axixic Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:38 am

"Things are in the saddle and ride mankind"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kaleah Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:58 am

A wise man indeed. I'm right there with you. Let it all go! Find it all within yourself.
kaleah
kaleah

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Ahh Kaleah - a kindred spirit!

I am well along in my process of divesting myself of non-essentials. In a lot of respects it has been really eye opening and in other ways quite fun.

Every now and then I show up unannounced at a friend's house or office with a supply of DVDs and/or CDs that I am pretty sure they will like. It feels like Christmas and I am Santa Claus!
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kaleah Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Yes Axixic, we are on a similar journey.

I've learned just how little I really need by taking long sojourns in my minivan with a foam pad in the back, a Native American Flute and a guitar that I'm learning how to play. I'm a piano/keyboard player so never learned to play guitar until this past year when a dying friend gifted me his beautiful guitar. Now I know a few chords and that's all I need to write songs. I'm still uncertain what instruments I will bring along. Probably just the flute and guitar.

I'm a little concerned about how to bring the guitar on the plane. I don't know that I want to check it and don't know that they will let me carry it on. I guess I could call the airline. Another detail, lol.
kaleah
kaleah

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:38 pm

I believe airlines allow one guitar carry on. When I came back from Guadlahara 3 guys had guitars carry on...2 electric one jumbo acoustic on Delta
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

"I'm not retired. I am a writer/musician and work via the Internet. So how is the Internet reliability in Ajijic? Heard a lot of negative info about the Internet on another forum. Slow? Unreliable...."

"I am officially "retiring" in that I will no longer be employed but I plan to work on many things. Like you, I am a musician - but only semi-pro - so that will occupy a lot of my time. I also plan to start my second novel (with great hopes that it will do better than my first.) There has even been some conversation with a few associates already in place there about co-ownership of a bar/club. On that, we shall see."

Kaleah and Aixixic

There is a new Open mike and jam session at La Bodega on Thursday afternoons from 3:30 to 6:00
It is going strong after a monthwith a good crowd for the summer season
Also a Monday night open mike and jan at el Barco on Monday night starting at 7:30
You both will be welcome at those 2 venues
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 am

LMarkoya wrote:I believe airlines allow one guitar carry on. When I came back from Guadlahara 3 guys had guitars carry on...2 electric one jumbo acoustic on Delta

I always take my guitar as a carry-on on Alaskan Airlines.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3