INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware! Another type of scam at Walmart

+19
hound dog
johninajijic
viajero
ferret
arbon
bobnliz
Solovino
hockables
57Chevy
Parker
susan
gringal
Jim W
raqueteer
Carry Bean
Mad_Max
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
simpsca
23 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Beware! Another type of scam at Walmart - Page 5 Empty Re: Beware! Another type of scam at Walmart

Post by Parker Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:58 am

raqueteer wrote:
57Chevy wrote:Raqueteer, I was responding directly to Solovino's post several steps prior. You missed the point he was making and that I was agreeing with. We weren't talking about help at that point. There was a divergence in response to I think it was dawg's post. So, read more carefully. I don't think there was any "crap" anywhere in the postings. Solovino seemed to be saying that gringos don't seem to get why they are often NOT accepted. Whatever....the aggressiveness and the nit-picking is really irritating.
It would be nice to stay on subject and keep it simpler.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid that I don't remember a post made by Solovino regarding social acceptance. To my knowledge the only posts he made yesterday were regarding the situation on the coast.
If you'd care to point that out, I'll apologize. The help thing needs to have its own thread, because frankly worrying about social acceptance is not in the cards when people are in need.

Ah, I see, Solo was commenting on the idiocy of people complaining about not being accepted in Mexican society instead of doing more productive things, and yes the help issue was first and foremost at that point. So, if you think that's being aggressive and nitpicky you go right ahead.

Have a nice day.

I think we’re all still waiting?

Re: Beware! Another type of scam at Walmart
by Solovino Yesterday at 8:41 pm
I have to admit, mutt, that the lack of interest and response to a prior post about Jova was hardly surprising. I did though receive a PM this evening from a poster that echoed much of what you say. Many complain that they are never really accepted into Mexican society. How many have stopped and wondered exactly why that is?

Oh, and forget that Sr. Arce crap.

Re: Beware! Another type of scam at Walmart
by 57Chevy Yesterday at 8:49 pm
I get why people are not accepted into Mexican society. There are a whole bunch of reasons...some are the fault of the gringos, and some reasons are just because that is the way it is, even for good gringos who break their backs to help others. We are not Mexican, and never will be.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Beware! Another type of scam at Walmart - Page 5 Empty Re: Beware! Another type of scam at Walmart

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Gimme a break here Parker. We all have our own interpretations, and mine may differ from yours. The point is here that people need help That was on the table, so let's not quibble about semantics. I'm not in any shape to do that, neither am I in the mood. Furthermore I'm on heavy duty painkillers at the moment so let's just drop it shall we. If you want to give me a hard time send me a P.M. and I'll answer it when I'm out of pain. Thank You.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:39 pm

This thread has wandered into territory that definitely deserves its own thread: Helping the hurricane victims by donating any useful things that people rebuilding their homes could use.
How about it, Canuckle?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Why doesn’t anyone concerned just start their own thread about the “Hurricane Victims.” maybe this time it will take hold?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Here's one answer: There is already some extensive discussion on this thread that can only be transferred by Canuck Bob.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 pm

[quote="gringal"]
The reason we maintain a home among these NOB maggots......

The Dawg./quote]

Very funny, gringal.

For those of you who have not bothered to read the preceding posts leading up to this amusing exchange, it´s all about miscommunication and misinterpreting what another was trying to say which reminds me of a story:

My wife and I often go to the Zapoteco village of Teotitlan del Valle, Oaxaca to visit family friends there and during our first visit several years ago we were in attendance at a fiesta in celebration of the Danza de la Pluma and, at one point, were sitting among friends and friends of friends at a fiesta celebratory dinner and, it´s important to remember that, in those days, at least, many among them were periodically traveling to the United States seasonally to work at whatever jobs they had found up there and a conversation ensued between me and one of these guys as follows:

HE: Where did you live in the United States? Was it anywhere near San Jose (California)?
ME: Well, at one time, we lived in Santa Cruz just over the mountains from San Jose but, frankly, I´d never live in San Jose if I could avoid it.
HE: Why, because there were too many Mexicans there?
ME: No, just because that city sucks.

Later, as my wife and I were sitting about alone discussing the evening´s events, I remarked to her that I was upset that this Zapoteco fellow at the table had thought that I had hated San Jose because of the large number of Mexicans there and had, therefore, inferred that I had certain racist tendencies. She looked at me with some pity and responded; "You don´t get it do you?", to which I responded, "What do you mean by that?" She retorted, "He´s Zapoteco buttbrain! They hate Mexicans. He works up in San Jose seasonally every year and HE hates the town because it´s full of "Mexicans". Get it? He figures you must hate San Jose for the same reason he hates San Jose"

OK, I get it. Case closed.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:06 pm

gringal wrote:Here's one answer: There is already some extensive discussion on this thread that can only be transferred by Canuck Bob.

Only a couple of good pictures which could be posted again and very few decent posts about the victims and the rest is just bickering. IMHO Beer

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm

WAAAAAAAAY OFF COURSE!!!!! START ANOTHER THREAD!!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:01 pm

all of a sudden there are many people who agree w/me?? i was told to dig a grave on the "maid woe" topic, as well as the "murder in riberis" topic but now the majority seem to be in my corner??? (prior to this i was the racist slave master). how did this happen, this change of heart? i notice a departure from the politically correct. most have taken a turn around. the walmart wallet scam made a deep impression. more than the home invasions, weapon assaults, etc. the people on these posts say one thing & turn around & say the opposite. the comments on page #5 are the best i have seen. in reality, no apologies. its restored my faith.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:23 pm

johninajijic wrote:WAAAAAAAAY OFF COURSE!!!!! START ANOTHER THREAD!!!!

John:

Quick! Take your meds. There is still time to recover some modicum of personal dignity.

Take a short visit to that trailer in the California desert where you plan to spend the rest of your life and ingest some methamphetamine and a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon and you´ll feel better.

As The Who wrote:

"All in all you´re just another brick in the wall."

Now, as for Susan - the self-destructive wench, there is no hope there. Nice young men in their clean white sirts with the butterfly nets enter stage right and tie Susan up with that fine zippered straight-jacket before she shoots herseff in the foot.

Last edited by hound dog on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Agree with you about WHAT?

"Politically correct" is one of the most misused phrases out there. In case you are historically challenged, It dates back to the Maoist days in China, where the phrase originated and where those who were not "politically correct" could be subject to some real misery.

It sounded like such a swell phrase, however, that it's been applied to feminists, people who are careful not to utter racial slurs and anyone else someone wants to insult as being a brainwashed, left wing inclined, fool who can't think for his/her self. The brush you're using is way too wide.

There's a huge difference between protecting your property against those inclined towards larceny........and racists.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:28 pm

gringal wrote:Agree with you about WHAT?

"Politically correct" is one of the most misused phrases out there. In case you are historically challenged, It dates back to the Maoist days in China, where the phrase originated and where those who were not "politically correct" could be subject to some real misery.

It sounded like such a swell phrase, however, that it's been applied to feminists, people who are careful not to utter racial slurs and anyone else someone wants to insult as being a brainwashed, left wing inclined, fool who can't think for his/her self. The brush you're using is way too wide.

There's a huge difference between protecting your property against those inclined towards larceny........and racists.

Ditto, that's all I'm up to right now, and can easily be confused.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:59 pm

susan wrote:all of a sudden there are many people who agree w/me?? i was told to dig a grave on the "maid woe" topic, as well as the "murder in riberis" topic but now the majority seem to be in my corner??? (prior to this i was the racist slave master). how did this happen, this change of heart? i notice a departure from the politically correct. most have taken a turn around. the walmart wallet scam made a deep impression. more than the home invasions, weapon assaults, etc. the people on these posts say one thing & turn around & say the opposite. the comments on page #5 are the best i have seen. in reality, no apologies. its restored my faith.
************************************************************************************
people get threatened when they hear of criminal activity @ the local Liquor Store
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm

hound dog wrote:
johninajijic wrote:WAAAAAAAAY OFF COURSE!!!!! START ANOTHER THREAD!!!!

John:

Quick! Take your meds. There is still time to recover some modicum of personal dignity.

Take a short visit to that trailer in the California desert where you plan to spend the rest of your life and ingest some methamphetamine and a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon and you´ll feel better.

As The Who wrote:

"All in all you´re just another brick in the wall."

Now, as for Susan - the self-destructive wench, there is no hope there. Nice young men in their clean white sirts with the butterfly nets enter stage right and tie Susan up with that fine zippered straight-jacket before she shoots herseff in the foot.

dignity lost... goin ta kaliforni ( led zepplin )

nutt'n fer nutt'n dawg but thatz Pink Floyd did The Wall....

Susan....... well................................................................................................................................................ Blackeye
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm

i mean the second definition of PC. there were many "brainwashed left wing inclined fools who cant think for themselves.." who were offended by me. ("maid woe" topic). i was protecting my property, i was the person who fired workers, (in 5 minutes) as i had an awful feeling. this was the first comment i wrote on this forum, all hell broke loose. also on octagon, i was accused (by "david") of calling mexico a nation of thieves. its ironic, so much of what i said was echo'ed on p.5 of this topic. (walmart scam). yes this culture (& many 3rd world cultures) ARE nations of thieves. not every person steals, & not every poor person. but this mentality can stay w/them thru generations even if they have made the $. they take from white people & they take from each other. thats a different topic. mean while watch your back.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:27 pm

susan:

Since you keep using the term, "3rd World" it might be helpful to your education to go to the following link:
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world.htm

Mexico has been off any of the listings for 3rd World Countries for a number of years!

When you generalize and label: "brainwashed left wing inclined fools", you may wish to look in the mirror and see a "brainwashed right wing inclined fool"?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:55 pm

cheenagringo: the phrase "left leaning brainwashed...." was used by GRINGAL. they wanted to define the term "politically correct", giving examples from communist china to present. (as i had used that term PC, see my comments). scroll up a bit, see dialogue. i just repeated what they said, put it in quotes to make a point. not my terminology, but i do agree! why dont you write to gringal? also neil there IS NO left or right wing. get w/contemporary reality. democrats are "cocktails for the rich" they havnt been for the working class in years! republicans the same. the right /left business went out years ago. they are the same team. your age is showing.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:59 pm

susan wrote:i mean the second definition of PC. there were many "brainwashed left wing inclined fools who cant think for themselves.." who were offended by me. ("maid woe" topic). i was protecting my property, i was the person who fired workers, (in 5 minutes) as i had an awful feeling. this was the first comment i wrote on this forum, all hell broke loose. also on octagon, i was accused (by "david") of calling mexico a nation of thieves. its ironic, so much of what i said was echo'ed on p.5 of this topic. (walmart scam). yes this culture (& many 3rd world cultures) ARE nations of thieves. not every person steals, & not every poor person. but this mentality can stay w/them thru generations even if they have made the $. they take from white people & they take from each other. thats a different topic. mean while watch your back.

Page five, if you will reread it and refresh your memory, was referring to Europe, the U.S. and most other countries in the world. It was NOT an indictment of Mexico.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Seems to me that this Susan person sounds like Pedro in drag.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Is there any chance at all, however remote that some thought can be given to the very real issues confronting our fellow men women and children on the coast who now have nothing? There is a thread.

Last edited by raqueteer on Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:14 pm

susan wrote:all of a sudden there are many people who agree w/me?? i was told to dig a grave on the "maid woe" topic, as well as the "murder in riberis" topic but now the majority seem to be in my corner??? (prior to this i was the racist slave master). how did this happen, this change of heart? i notice a departure from the politically correct. most have taken a turn around. the walmart wallet scam made a deep impression. more than the home invasions, weapon assaults, etc. the people on these posts say one thing & turn around & say the opposite. the comments on page #5 are the best i have seen. in reality, no apologies. its restored my faith.

No one agrees with you, no one is "in your corner" and "most" haven't taken a "turn around." It's not about you "Susan" (who isn't really Susan). You're the only one who makes it all about you. Start your own blog.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:15 pm

martygraw wrote:Seems to me that this Susan person sounds like Pedro in drag.

Pedro is in the hospital.

Last edited by David on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:39 pm

David wrote:
Pedfro is in the hospital.

"Susan" is Lori, also known as Irol at one time.

Would that be Lori the religious freak who disappeared a while back? ¡¡¡¡¡¡ I knew it!!!!!
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Naaah. Susan is Rush Limbaugh's alter ego in drag.
Keep on guessing. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:03 pm

hound dog wrote:
David wrote:
Pedfro is in the hospital.

"Susan" is Lori, also known as Irol at one time.

Would that be Lori the religious freak who disappeared a while back? ¡¡¡¡¡¡ I knew it!!!!!

Naw, my mistake; Lori is "ChapalaGringa." I think the "sometimers" has set in.

Last edited by David on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 pm

This whole thread is way beyond my repair. Those that want to start a new topic about something.....go ahead.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next