INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More on the virus

+32
helohfe
Lucky Girl
MexicoPete
TomQC
caligirl108
Catoca
RVGRINGO
Heem
Zea
espíritu del lago
CHILLIN
sampati
SunshineyDay
Frijoles
kiko
brigitte
WillieRae
mattoleriver
gringal
Plan B
Ukiyo
Smartalex
ComputerGuy
gatosigi
lakeside7
mudgirl
slainte39
Trailrunner
BisbeeGal
ferret
Jreboll
CanuckBob
36 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

More on the virus - Page 4 Empty Re: More on the virus

Post by ferret Mon 06 Jul 2020, 8:27 am

I think the other way round happened CBob. The Dad died in Guad in a hospital and the asymptomatic mother stayed at home so she was counted here.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon 06 Jul 2020, 8:37 am

Maybe on this chart but the expat liaison count talked about the fathers death as part of their tally.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon 06 Jul 2020, 8:40 am

I think this is getting confusing as hell and I don't know who or what to believe. Neither reporting method is logical.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon 06 Jul 2020, 8:43 am

Yes. I saw the 87 year old male listed for Chapala on the Pagina chart several days ago. Hector confirmed.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon 06 Jul 2020, 9:09 am

ferret

No matter which of the statistics are correct, or if none are, I just continue doing the recommended protocol and quit thinking about the "correct" number.
There are certain things that I have control over, personally,  and others, like counting victims, that I have no control over.
It makes life a lot more simple and DOABLE.
I know it´s easy to criticize the government and the politicians for whatever they decide or say, and no matter what decisions they make, someone is going to be unhappy.  That´s why I do what I CAN, and stay reasonably happy…. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal, ferret and Lucky Girl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Mon 06 Jul 2020, 12:58 pm

I just heard from a friend that a local hospital was offering 95 dollars an hour for RNs to work with covid patients. That got my juices flowing. If I was younger I’d be all over it.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon 06 Jul 2020, 3:00 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:This effectively means there are no active cases in Chapala, correct?

Let's qualify that a little bit. The federal figures lag behind the state and local figures. The zero number of active cases in the federal reports may indicate what was happening a week ago...maybe longer in the past. The state figures that show no new cases locally for two or three days in a row.may be referring to the last two or three days and may not align chronologically with the federal information. So don't go drawing any conclusions just yet.

Although I have read about the lag in reporting CV statistics in the Mexican press, it was largely the discussion here between CBob and Ferret that brought me to understand what was going on. Once again, this forum has proven to be a valuable asset to this community.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:07 am

Report from Radar Jalisco as reported by La Pagina. Here is link to full report; if you've never read it you may want to see the rest of the daily data that is provided by the State of Jalisco.

https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/corte-del-dia/

Deaths remain at 2 each in Chapala and Ixtlahuacan; 4 in Jocotepec.

PÁGINA Que sí se lee

🔴 #Chapala registró otro caso este lunes 6 de julio y llega a 33. #Jocotepec no sumó casos este día. #Ocotlán pasa de 125 a 129 casos. #Ixtlahuacán De Los Membrillos registra dos casos y acumula 37.

🔴 #Chapala registered another case this Monday July 6th and reaches 33. #Jocotepec didn't add cases on this day. #Ocotlan goes from 125 to 129 cases. #Ixtlahuacán De Los Membrillos records two cases and accumulates 37.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue 07 Jul 2020, 6:34 am

Supposed stats for Monday, July 6th. 2020
More on the virus - Page 4 Nacion34
More on the virus - Page 4 Jalisc26
More on the virus - Page 4 Chapal35
More on the virus - Page 4 Jocote35
More on the virus - Page 4 Ixtlah34
More on the virus - Page 4 Tuxcue33
More on the virus - Page 4 Tizapa34
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue 07 Jul 2020, 10:59 am

Lengthy post this morning at https://www.facebook.com/LagunaSemanario/posts/1445765208954624?__tn__=K-R

Here are some of the highlights,

Four months from the presence of the COVID-19 pandemic in Jalisco, 19 of the 125 municipalities in which the state is divided, are without a single confirmed case of this disease, which extends in 106 municipal territories. However, only 69 municipalities report active cases on this day.

Active cases refer to those who started with symptoms in the last fourteen days and therefore represent a high risk of transmission of contacts, so monitoring is important. These are people who have manifested symptoms or are asymptomatic, they must be kept in home isolation.

The identification of positive cases and active cases throughout the entity is possible thanks to the RADAR Jalisco System, which continues to search for people suspected of having acquired coronavirus infection (SARS-CoV-2). Once identified , they are given attention and asked for isolation, while continuing the search for their contacts, to determine if it is also required to apply confirmatory test.

The pandemic follows the upward trend. The Ministry of Health Jalisco (SSJ) notified 664 new cases of COVID-19, thus accumulating 15,996 confirmed cases since last March where the first case was notified in the entity.

Of this total, to date there are 1,710 active cases (positive people who started with symptoms in the last fourteen days), which are distributed in 69 municipalities.

The SSJ also notified the federal platform 19 more deaths due to COVID-19 (deaths between July 02 and 05 of this year), adding up to 867 deaths confirmed by SARS-CoV-2. infection

Of the deaths in the state, 843 are residents of 54 municipalities of Jalisco; and 24 residents of other entities in the country who died here.

Municipalities

To date cases have been confirmed in 106 of the 125 municipalities of Jalisco; of which in 69 there are active cases, that is, people who started with symptoms in the last fourteen days.

In the RADAR Jalisco System, the ten municipalities with the most confirmed infections are: Guadalajara with 5,834 confirmed cases (36.47 percent); followed by Zapopan with 3,039 cases (19.00 percent), Tlaquepaque is in third place with 1,432 confirmed infections (8.95 percent); Puerto Vallarta ranks fourth with 1,026 cases (6.41 percent); followed by Tlajomulco de Zúñiga with 1,018 cases (6.36 percent) ), Tonalá with 916 cases (5.73 percent), El Salto with 416 cases (2.60 percent), Zapotlán the Great with 190 cases (1.19 percent), San Juan de Lagos with 150 cases (0.94 percent) and Ocotlan with 129 cases (0.81 percent). Check the full list of municipalities with positive SARS-CoV-2 people in Annexa table.

Confirmed cases are almost the same between men (52 percent) and women (48 percent). The most affected age groups are the 35 to 39 years with 12.5 percent, the 30 to 34 years with 12.1 percent, the 65 year old and more with 11.5 percent and 25 years old with 10.9 percent. For children and adolescents, there are 309 confirmed cases in children from zero to 15 years (2.0 percent)

Of the 15,996 confirmed cases, 85 percent have been handled outpatient (isolation at home) for having mild to moderate symptoms or being asymptomatic and 2,418 people have required hospitalization by COVID-19 ( 15 percent), of which 892 have been discharged for improvement, 860 percent for death, three high for recovery, five voluntary income, nine transfers to other states and 649 are internally in hospitals public and private.

Of patients hospitalized, today at noon were reported in stable condition (80), severe (477) and very serious (92).

HEALTH STAFF

So far there have been 457 positive cases of SARS-CoV-2 among health personnel (thirteen new cases today), whose contagion is associated with care provided in medical units. Of these, 124 correspond to the municipality of Puerto Vallarta, 274 to the municipality of Guadalajara, 274 to the municipality of Ocotlán, 19 to the municipality of Tepatitlán, two to the municipality of Colotlán; four to the municipality of Zapopan, thirteen to the municipality of Ocotlán from Ciudad Guzman, six to Tala municipality and five to the municipality of San Juan de los Lagos.

In all cases risk contacts are identified and kept under home isolation.

Do you need to leave home? Masks must be used at all times in public space and perfectly cover the tip of the nose and chin.

At the coronavirus site. jalisco. gob. mx you will find many more data about the COVID-19 landscape in the Jaliscian entity and recommendations to take care of the health of all and all.

To report suspicious cases contact Call Center at your disposal. Appointment will be given for a safe and free trial at one of the sample centers if necessary.

Jalisco Health Secretary Call Center: 33 3823 3220

Call Center of the University of Guadalajara: 33 3540 3001
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue 07 Jul 2020, 12:03 pm

Thanks, BisbeeGal. I really like the Semanario too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Tue 07 Jul 2020, 1:27 pm

Just throwing this out there. Pulmicort inhaled. Trail runner, you should be familiar with this.
https://www.peakprosperity.com/forum-topic/is-budesonide-the-new-silver-bullet-to-cure-covid/

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue 07 Jul 2020, 2:16 pm

Hmmm. Interesting but he is implying that no one else has tried using bronchodilating steroidal anti-inflammatory breathing treatments (except the Asian countries) and that just can't be true. Docs are throwing their whole drug boxes at these poor pts hoping something works, and he is the only one to try this common med?

Something else to chew on, Forbes has a couple good cannabis/covid articles like this one if interested.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyearlenbaugh/2020/07/06/cannabis-may-reduce-deadly-covid-19-lung-inflammation-researchers-explain-why/
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Tue 07 Jul 2020, 3:04 pm

The fact that the mortality rate is dropping indicates that some progress is taking place in treating the disease. It’s probably a combination of a lot of things but real progress will only come when we’re able to halt the virus replication at the beginning of symptomology.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue 07 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm

Or before that! 
You're right about the mortality rate. They are having some successes.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue 07 Jul 2020, 3:30 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Hmmm. Interesting but he is implying that no one else has tried using bronchodilating steroidal anti-inflammatory breathing treatments (except the Asian countries) and that just can't be true. Docs are throwing their whole drug boxes at these poor pts hoping something works, and he is the only one to try this common med?

Something else to chew on, Forbes has a couple good cannabis/covid articles like this one if interested.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyearlenbaugh/2020/07/06/cannabis-may-reduce-deadly-covid-19-lung-inflammation-researchers-explain-why/

The article should have read "CBD" not "cannabis". CBD is also immune boosting as well as being anti-inflammatory. Google.
I have continued to take it and consider it to be the only safe preventative measure against the virus other than a mask and social distancing.

It has also become standard procedure for hospitalized patients to automatically receive anti-coagulants and I believe that is having a very positive effect.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue 07 Jul 2020, 3:46 pm

"It has also become standard procedure for hospitalized patients to automatically receive anti-coagulants and I believe that is having a very positive effect."

I think so too but where are you referring to?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:06 pm

I can't specifically say where. I do know that there is a massive swapping of information going on all over the world as to what works and what doesn't.
For adults who are admitted to a hospital with COVID-19, VTE prophylaxis, unless contraindicated (e.g., a patient has active hemorrhage or severe thrombocytopenia), should be prescribed using the recommendations for patients who have been admitted to a hospital for other indications (AIII). Although data supporting this recommendation are limited, a retrospective study showed reduced mortality in patients who received prophylactic anticoagulation, particularly if the patient had a sepsis-induced coagulopathy score ≥4.4

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/antithrombotic-therapy/
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:21 pm

What about Mexico?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:28 pm

No idea. Maybe a good question for Dr. Garcia though. If he didn't know the answer, I'm sure he would know whom to ask.

Did you read the article posted by Bisbee Gal at the top of this page?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:35 pm

Don't know if anyone else read this over the weekend. Weird and fascinating...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/04/health/coronavirus-neanderthals.html
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:49 pm

Mexico is where we live and if we get this, Mexico is where we will get treated! All these articles we are reading may or may not have any bearing on what our treatment would be here. We have no idea what the protocols or what treatment modalities are being used in Mexico! 

Let's see if we can find out.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:53 pm

That would be a good idea.
However, considering the very first class Surgeons, Doctors and Hospitals that are available in Guadalajara, it would surprise the hell out of me if they weren't plugged into the latest protocols.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Tue 07 Jul 2020, 5:21 pm

Look for ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine. I don’t think you will find Remdesivir here yet.
Anticoagulants can be aspirin, heparin, or any of the many variations on the market nowadays. Coumadin takes a few days to take effect so that would not be used. Thrombolytic agents are used once you have generalized clotting going on.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue 07 Jul 2020, 6:09 pm

ferret wrote:That would be a good idea.
However, considering the very first class Surgeons, Doctors and Hospitals that are available in Guadalajara, it would surprise the hell out of me if they weren't plugged into the latest protocols.

I really believe they are.  There is very little that the doctors in Guadalajara aren´t "plugged into", almost immediately, especially if it is happening in the US. Probably quicker than some rural, sparsely populated areas of the US.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue 07 Jul 2020, 7:24 pm

ferret wrote:Don't know if anyone else read this over the weekend. Weird and fascinating...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/04/health/coronavirus-neanderthals.html

Yeah, I read that too. It was indeed both weird and fascinating...enough so to read the whole article. Don't know what to make of it other than it is a good example of how the scientific community is bypassing the normal peer-review procedure and sharing information as soon as possible.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next