INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More on the virus

+22
dixonge
RoyD
Bacchus
gringal
SunFan
mattoleriver
Carry Bean
SunshineyDay
BisbeeGal
mudgirl
gatosigi
caligirl108
cerebrozo
Lucky Girl
ComputerGuy
kiko
kipissippi
slainte39
Jreboll
CanuckBob
ferret
Plan B
26 posters

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next

Go down

More on the virus - Page 25 Empty Re: More on the virus

Post by ferret Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:05 am

Computer glitches this morning. I cannot take a screenshot so if you want to confirm the below information, go to https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/
Supposed stats for Tuesday, June 14th, 2022...
nacional UP 4,814 to 40,842
jalisco UP 137 to 1,338
chapala, jocotepec, ixtlahuacan and tizapan ALL REMAIN AT ZERO
tizapan is the same at 1

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:35 am

It sure is bouncing up and down. Really odd.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:02 am

A little down then a lot up. The trend is most definitely up. May 1st, there were 4,838 cases in all of Mexico. Now there are 40,842. In Jalisco, on May 1st, there were 139 cases. Now there are 1,338. Stay safe.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:18 pm

I managed to get my second Pfizer the other day, which I am really happy about. I was holding out for that type, as only the Chinese vax has been available in my area. I had to go to PV to get it.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Isn’t it great when you “have to go” somewhere where you don’t mind going? I hadn’t been to Michoacán in 2 1/2 years but I “had to come down” because the wind blew over my tinaco.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:22 pm

Jreboll wrote:Isn’t it great when you “have to go” somewhere where you don’t mind going?  I hadn’t been to Michoacán in 2 1/2 years but I “had to come down” because the wind blew over my tinaco.

Well, PV is only an hour from me, and I go there about once every 10 days to 2 weeks anyway. In fact, I also had a dentist appt. and several other things to do in PV that day.

I was just unsure as to whether the fact that I live in Nayarit would cause them to turn me away in Jalisco, but my address was never called into question. In fact, some people from Sayulita who tried to get vaxxed last year up in La Peñita (because they were giving Pfizers instead of Sinovacs), which is only 40 minutes up the road and still in Nayarit, were turned away because they weren't from the La Peñita area.

But I think that at this point there aren't that many people lining up to get vaxxed (there were only about 20 when I went) and they have enough to go around without a fuss about your home address.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:14 am

The Black Plague went on for 500 years and wiped out half the population of Europe. Some of us have forgotten that humans are not invincible, that the great strides in public health are due to scientific medical knowledge. The present pandemic is being fought with some forward steps but also with a few backward steps. We mustn’t lose faith in the science that has brought us to this point.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/15/health/black-death-plague-source-identified-scn/index.html

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 am

Supposed stats for Wednesday, June 15th, 2022...
nacional UP 5,810 to 46,562
jalisco UP 176 to 1,514
chapala, jocotepec, ixtlahuacan and tuxcueca ALL REMAIN AT ZERO
tizapan same at 1
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1690
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1691
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1692
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1693
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1694
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1695
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1696
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:55 am

Supposed stats for Thursday, June 16th, 2022...
nacional UP 6,234 to 52,796
jalisco UP 155 to 1,669
chapala, jocotepec, ixtlahuacan and tuxcueca ALL REMAIN AT ZERO
tizapan same at 1.
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1697
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1698
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1699
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1700
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1701
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1702
More on the virus - Page 25 Scre1703

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:13 am

9:15 am and still showing that stats from Thursday.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:14 am

I went to Canada three weeks ago and came back with Covid. It seems to be quite prevalent up there with most people I talked to either having it or already had it at least once, some multiple times. I'm beginning to think it is a climate thing.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:18 am

Climate thing in what way?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:22 am

Well, I've been living in warm, outdoorsy Mexico for the entire covid pandemic with nary a problem. I never really stopped visiting bars or restaurants. I was actually amazed we didn't get it. Two weeks up north and boom. Up there it is cold, rainy and miserable. Maybe the virus is more prevalent or virulent in those conditons?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:43 am

LOL. I would think it's more prevalent when people are indoors and sharing air. Cold and rainy up north or grouped in the shade in front of a fan or with air conditioning since the Covid wave started here on May 1st and is still climbing. So, yes, in a way it's climate related but it's what the climate has been making us do not the actual climate.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:56 am

And then I get this news flash this morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-seeing-rise-in-covid-19-subvariants-could-this-lead-to-a-summer-surge/ar-AAYB2io?li=AAggNb9

I think it is way worse than reported up there as everyone is home testing and not reporting anything. Just about every drug store is handing out boxes of 5 test kits. With Omicron they are only advising to isolate for 5 days.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:07 am

I agree with your assessment of the Home tests. Their availability is distorting the actual stats in both the U.S. and Canada. We can only hope that the users of such tests have a brain and do all the right things if they are positive.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:22 pm

Still nothing for Friday. Nap time.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:29 pm

Still nothing. Asleep at the wheel.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:43 pm

A friend & myself both headed up to San Antonio, TX, to see our respective mother's prior to the Memorial weekend.. His mom lives in an assisted living community.  My mom lives alone.  He got it, as did his mom & her partner.  Neither I/my mom got it - I shopped (masked) & did my protocols. Volaris HEPA filters noticably good, Southwest not so much. It is environment. It is sufficient viral load.  The current data suggests that old vaccines have <2 months durability against Omicron BA.4 or BA.5.  Made in 2019, target gone. Om virus doing its thing, unimpeded amongst 20-30 y/o, not to be denied travel, graduations, weddings & their summer vacations. Flights canceled by the thousands the past 3 weeks, due to pilot shortages. A bit disingenuous, don't you think? No scaring anybody this time. airlines want $$$. No question about what is going to happen. Isolated for so long, all sorts of diseases are going to take wing!

Our 10-12 UV rays here (@mile high) are really effective at killing virus of all kinds.  Not dengue, unfortunately, which is our present concern, with 4.55 inches of rain June to date.  Hopefully, all the New People here *surprised* by the power outages, get the memo on Dengue. Haven't heard any more re: PV outbreak of 'hMPXV', but in 'wait & see' mode as to mass smallpox vaccinations bounce

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, ferret and Jreboll like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:43 am

Still showing stats from the 16th of June on the government site. This is what's happening in Britain... https://ca.yahoo.com/news/covid-infections-warnings-wave-111438642.html
Stay safe!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:19 am

I think people are starting to realize that covid isn't going anywhere and catching it at some point is inevitable unless you want to socially isolate and mask for a very long time. That was the vibe I got from the people up north who were subjected to some pretty heavy lockdowns and precautions until recently. Not many people wearing masks up there any longer and probably not isolating like they used too.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:29 am

I agree but there are choices you can make and especially if you're over 65. First is vaccination/boosters and it's not too late. I do meet vaccinated friends for lunch in open air restaurants. I still mask up going into stores or the bank and I avoid crowds.
Every single one of my family has been vaccinated/boosted and they nearly all still caught Covid (Christmas dinner last year for two of them and a family funeral in April for the other four). The only ones who haven't caught it are the remaining two who live on Saltspring Island in B.C.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:50 am

As a side note, my 82 year old father with bad COPD caught it with me. We were very worried however at the first sign of symptoms his doctor gave him that new covid drug. He was feeling better in a couple of days.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:28 am

Those new oral medications have made things better. I just wish I could get get some to carry with me when i come to Mexico. Having my tests with me and some Covid medications makes me more mobile.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Most viruses seem to thrive better in colder climates. I would assume that dengue doesn't because it has always been a warm weather virus transferred by mosquitoes.

Yes, I am hearing about more and more of my family and friends in Canada getting Covid, in spite of being double vaxxed and double boosted. One common denominator, though, is that they all work in indoor environments where they come into contact with lots of people. So that gets back to the viral load thing.

The fact that we live in a place where we are mostly outside, and that UV kills viruses, is a big factor in most of us avoiding getting sick here so far.

I am going to Canada in August, so fingers crossed.

But some of the changed Covid restrictions up north make no medical sense, it all has to do with economics. They have lifted the requirement to be vaxed for domestic travel, and most employment, yet you need to be vaxed to enter the country. There's plenty of anti-vaxers up north, so it's now okay for them to continue to spread it around, but not okay for incoming travelers to spread it?

Me, I will continue to mask and take all precautions both here, while travelling to Canada, and while I am there. When I went up last summer, I wasn't vaxed at all yet, so had to do the14 day quarantine. But I fudged on the quarantine, as I was staying at my daughter's, and while I slept out in a big tent they had set up for me, we used the same bathroom, kitchen, ate together, etc. However, I had had a negative PCR test before flying, a negative PCR test on arrival, and a negative test on day 8.

I hung out with family and friends after the 14 days, no one masking or isolating outside of public places (and they had just lifted having to mask in stores, although it was still recommended) and got my first vax the day I was out of quarantine. Everyone I knew up there had been double vaxed at that point, and there hadn't been any serious Covid case in the area in 7 months.

But last summer was before Omicron and its variants. Maybe by August when I go to Canada, there will be a vax available for booster that is more effective against Omicron- Moderna claims to have developed one.

Last edited by mudgirl on Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:32 pm

CanuckBob wrote:As a side note, my 82 year old father with bad COPD caught it with me. We were very worried however at the first sign of symptoms his doctor gave him that new covid drug. He was feeling better in a couple of days.

What’s the new Covid drug’s name and is it available here? I have COPD so I’m super paranoid about getting Covid.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 43 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 43  Next