INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Great News out of Vallarta

+18
gringal
hound dog
kipissippi
brigitte
57Chevy
canadiangirl
raqueteer
johninajijic
susan
Intercasa
Mainecoons
martygraw
Parker
ferret
Solovino
CanuckBob
viajero
CheenaGringo
22 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 6 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by Intercasa Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Living here has made me wonder, it's not my battle but also I've never lived in an area of this low economic level. I'm getting used to it, grew up in the hills of the west San Fernando valley in the LA area and then lived in Santa Barbara. Weather is great like SB, cost of living is super low where I can live well. Everything is close but the rising crime and lackadaisical attitude of law enforcement to really get the riff raff out is disturbing.

What to do? I have a small place in Guad, areas there are much nicer than here but then you have the traffic and city feel whereas Chapala still relatively maintains the small town feel. I'm not sure where to live, Guadalajara has many, many nice areas and it is eye opening but I do love the ability to get many things done fast here in Chapala versus waiting in line and traffic and traversing the urban sprawl.

I think the answer is to have 2 homes, maybe 3, 1 in Chapala, 1 in a nice area of the city and 1 at the beach. Get sick of one and stay at the other for a bit, kind of works for me.

I'm odd and don't want to live the "real" Mexican experience, I'm too busy and prefer my peers or Mexican version thereof, never did hang out with my maids, gardeners or drivers in the US.

Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 6 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by hockables Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 pm

canadiangirl

Its interesting that U would choose a Forum whose commonality is living within Chapla to air your disdain for Mexico

Might I suggest U go piss on an electric fence?

snork
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

hockables wrote:canadiangirl

Its interesting that U would choose a Forum whose commonality is living within Chapla to air your disdain for Mexico

snork

hockable, as I have previous posted, I have lived in Chapala (notice the spelling, haha), and yes given the choice I will gladley "piss on an electric fence!!!"" snork?????????????????

Last edited by canadiangirl on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 pm

canadiangirl wrote:

snork

hockable, as I have previous posted, I have lived in Chapala (notice the spelling, haha), and yes given the choice I will gladley "piss on an electric fence!!!"" But will Lakeside Chapala regonize my posts????

snork?????????????????

LOL.... Good Answer..... Beer ( gladly... haha )
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:28 pm

hockables wrote:
canadiangirl wrote:

snork

hockable, as I have previous posted, I have lived in Chapala (notice the spelling, haha), and yes given the choice I will gladley "piss on an electric fence!!!"" But will Lakeside Chapala regonize my posts????

snork?????????????????

LOL.... Good Answer..... Beer ( gladly... haha )

Cheers!! have a great night!!!!

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 am

Back to the topic, I am in PV right now. Staying at the Flamingo in the marina district. It is dead here. I doubt there are even 20 guests. I sat by the pool from noon until 7:00pm and only one other couple came by the whole day. I did not see anyone go into the restaurant. Being that it is spring break in some parts NOB it is hard to believe how slow it is. On the other hand you can get great deals. I am staying here for $45US per night.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 am

CanuckBob wrote:Back to the topic, I am in PV right now. Staying at the Flamingo in the marina district. It is dead here. I doubt there are even 20 guests. I sat by the pool from noon until 7:00pm and only one other couple came by the whole day. I did not see anyone go into the restaurant. Being that it is spring break in some parts NOB it is hard to believe how slow it is. On the other hand you can get great deals. I am staying here for $45US per night.

That is pretty much how the whole season was for most beach areas. Numbers far below previous years. I have made numerous trips to the beach this year (Barra de Navidad) and outside of Mexican tourists during holidays such as the past weekend, it has been far too quiet. I feel for the people who earn most of their livelyhood during this time of year.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 am

This is a strange thread.
I agree that I'm mystified as to why people who may have lived in this area at one time but no longer do so and have no intention of returning....feel impelled to offer negative opinions about Mexico in general or this area in particular. Lack of anything better to do? Who knows?

Then, there was the matter of old folks who like weed? Not me, but I know a few. Some people like gin. What's the difference? Are people expected to morph into Puritans after a certain birthday?

And finally, what we're being told about tourism seems to evaporate in actual experience, as Canuck Bob just pointed out. In other words......lies and more lies.

This has been a true example of the Wandering Topic. Not that that can't be interesting. It was.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:59 am

CanuckBob wrote:Back to the topic, I am in PV right now. Staying at the Flamingo in the marina district. It is dead here. I doubt there are even 20 guests. I sat by the pool from noon until 7:00pm and only one other couple came by the whole day. I did not see anyone go into the restaurant. Being that it is spring break in some parts NOB it is hard to believe how slow it is. On the other hand you can get great deals. I am staying here for $45US per night.

Bob,
Have you been into the Hotel area where the spring breakers are. PV is 85 - 90% occupancy unless they left already.

Nothing stops spring breakers.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 am

snork

hocks - If she pisses on an electric fence, guess what's gonna get burned.

I don't know why outsiders who have no interest in Mexico are allowed to become members and post here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:34 am

johninajijic wrote:
I don't know why outsiders who have no interest in Mexico are allowed to become members and post here.

I don't know why clueless assholes like yourself that do live here post the crap they do.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Solovino wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

I don't know why clueless assholes like yourself that do live here post the crap they do.

Amen
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:22 pm

johninajijic wrote:

Bob,
Have you been into the Hotel area where the spring breakers are. PV is 85 - 90% occupancy unless they left already.

Nothing stops spring breakers.

I have driven around town and was even at the airport. It is far slower than normal. I have also spoken with many locals who work at the hotels and they all say it is far slower than normal. It would appear that something has stopped the "spring breakers".....

This is indeed a sad situation for the locals that rely on tourism Solo. I am doing my part.......jajaja Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Maybe the Spring Breakers are partying in Oaxaca with Malia Obama:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/03/21/Malia-Obama-safe-after-Mexico-earthquake/UPI-32541332352805/?spt=hts&or=6

Then the idiot, Rick Santorum had to weigh in on the President allowing his daughter to go on a school trip to Mexico:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57401126-503544/santorum-criticizes-malia-obamas-mexico-trip/

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Solovino wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

The clueless asshole here is you. Your the one who argues with everyone and can't get along. Go back uneder the rock you crawled out of.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

.... under the rock u crawled out " from "

we are going to halfta work on your insults and retorts
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:27 pm

We all know who the clueless asshole is. John, go look in the mirror.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:00 pm

John I for one appreciate your presence here,your posts are always good for a chuckle,if I had to to give you a mexican nickname it would be "La Piñata Feliz".

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 pm

viajero wrote:John I for one appreciate your presence here,your posts are always good for a chuckle,if I had to to give you a mexican nickname it would be "La Piñata Feliz".

"La piñata infeliz." Hapless, for those who don't read Spanish.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 pm

raqueteer wrote:
viajero wrote:John I for one appreciate your presence here,your posts are always good for a chuckle,if I had to to give you a mexican nickname it would be "La Piñata Feliz".

kinda moody today.... huh...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 pm

hockables wrote:
raqueteer wrote:

kinda moody today.... huh...

Pain will do that to a person dude.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:39 pm

1) 2 pages ago someone mentioned "hippy style" americans living in mexico. then they went on about "economics". those kids & older folks are not committing crimes thats absurd. they may buy drugs, thats not a reason to make that statement. you should be ashamed of yourself. 2)there was little crime w/in mexico before the last president. (who created a drug war). 3) there were only several hundred retirees in chapala many years ago. very few service businesses. (crime was unheard of except for a purse snatch & occasional breakin). the mexican people were NOT earning more $$ @ that time. linking crime w/economics, does not make sense. come up w/something better. there were LESS opportunities 25 years ago.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:05 pm

hockables wrote:.... under the rock u crawled out " from "

What Hocks was attempting to do here was correct John´s advice to Solovino that he "Crawl back uneder (sic) the rock you (Solovino) crawled out of."

As you can read above, Hocks informed John that, according to Hocks, John should have wrtten, "...under the rock u crawled out from."

Hocks is right that John meant to observe that Solovino crawled out from under a rock rather than out of a rock but John´s written sentence and Hocks´ attempted correction both end incorrectly in prepositions. Therefore, a proper restructuring of the sentence conveying John´s advice to Solovino should read; "Crawl back under the rock from which you emerged." which reminds me of an old Southern joke:

This ole redneck Auburn graduate earns a post-graduate scholarship to Harvard and, on his first day on the Harvard campus he is wandering about the quadrangle searching for the admissions building when he happens upon this Down Eastern Harvard snot and inquires, "Pardon me suh, but could you please tell me where the admissions building is at?" to which inquiry the Harvard snot replies, "At Harvard, we do not end a sentence with a preposition." Somewhat taken aback, the Auburn Yahoo responds, "Pardon me suh, but could you please tell me where the admissions building is at, asshole?"
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:25 pm

hound dog wrote:
hockables wrote:.... under the rock u crawled out " from "

What Hocks was attempting to do here was correct John´s advice to Solovino that he "Crawl back uneder (sic) the rock you (Solovino) crawled out of."

As you can read above, Hocks informed John that, according to Hocks, John should have wrtten, "...under the rock u crawled out from."

Hocks is right that John meant to observe that Solovino crawled out from under a rock rather than out of a rock but John´s written sentence and Hocks´ attempted correction both end incorrectly in prepositions. Therefore, a proper restructuring of the sentence conveying John´s advice to Solovino should read; "Crawl back under the rock from which you emerged." which reminds me of an old Southern joke:

This ole redneck Auburn graduate earns a post-graduate scholarship to Harvard and, on his first day on the Harvard campus he is wandering about the quadrangle searching for the admissions building when he happens upon this Down Eastern Harvard snot and inquires, "Pardon me suh, but could you please tell me where the admissions building is at?" to which inquiry the Harvard snot replies, "At Harvard, we do not end a sentence with a preposition." Somewhat taken aback, the Auburn Yahoo responds, "Pardon me suh, but could you please tell me where the admissions building is at, asshole?"

With regards to ending a sentence in a preposition, according to the folks at Harvard & Oxford, you are correct.

But, did you just call me an asshole? scratch
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Now back to the original topic, having just returned from PV I can report that I didn't see any beheadings, murders, assaults, kidnappings, extortions, shootings, fights, robberies, burglaries or any other illegal activities. I did however see some big ass iguanas sitting on the rocks down by the water. Kind of looked like marine iguanas??
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Now back to the original topic, having just returned from PV I can report that I didn't see any beheadings, murders, assaults, kidnappings, extortions, shootings, fights, robberies, burglaries or any other illegal activities. I did however see some big ass iguanas sitting on the rocks down by the water. Kind of looked like marine iguanas??

But.... Jew wan a Free Breakfast... a Cruise... no thees es no time share... thees es different...

Hey... where jew goin?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next