INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Great News out of Vallarta

+18
gringal
hound dog
kipissippi
brigitte
57Chevy
canadiangirl
raqueteer
johninajijic
susan
Intercasa
Mainecoons
martygraw
Parker
ferret
Solovino
CanuckBob
viajero
CheenaGringo
22 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 7 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by hockables Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:52 am

CanuckBob wrote:Now back to the original topic, having just returned from PV I can report that I didn't see any beheadings, murders, assaults, kidnappings, extortions, shootings, fights, robberies, burglaries or any other illegal activities. I did however see some big ass iguanas sitting on the rocks down by the water. Kind of looked like marine iguanas??

But.... Jew wan a Free Breakfast... a Cruise... no thees es no time share... thees es different...

Hey... where jew goin?

hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 7 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:34 am

Ahhhhhh.........I think it is chu not jew Hocks!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:43 am

CanuckBob wrote:Ahhhhhh.........I think it is chu not jew Hocks!

As in
"We wich chu a merry Christmas"?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:36 am

OMG Hocks! I think we've met you before!!! Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 7 374777
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:05 am

i still dont get who "the jew" is? they are supposed to be the most intellectually advanced people (@least the european ones). all i read is here is "hillbilly speak".

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:09 am

I was play'n with a dialect.. I'll leave the anti-semetic bullshit to you...

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:51 am

sooooo bob why are jew jokes ok (or white christian jokes), but not mexican? or latino? george lopez does them. J word ok, M word a nono? just asking. the rules dont make much sense. what happened to equal opportunity offending?

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:09 pm

susan wrote:sooooo bob why are jew jokes ok (or white christian jokes), but not mexican? or latino? george lopez does them. J word ok, M word a nono? just asking. the rules dont make much sense. what happened to equal opportunity offending?

once again...I was merely playing with a dialect....
change the spelling to " ju " ...
truth is I never even made the connection... if I had, I would have spelled it " ju " to begin with...

apologies to all!!

********************************************************************************

didja hear about the gay irish guys?

patrick fitzgerald and gerald fitzpatrick? razberry

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Yep that's how I see it too. You are looking for trouble in the wrong places susan. Big difference between malicious racist posts and Hocks making a dialect joke. You are intelligent enough to figure that one out.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:16 am

As you may or may not know, the annual Tourism Conference that has been held for years in Acapulco has now moved out of there and will be conducted on a rotating basis in various cities. This year is Puerto Vallarta's turn and it starts tomorrow:
Spanish Link: http://www.informador.com.mx/primera/2012/365499/6/remozan-puerto-vallarta-para-recibir-al-tianguis-turistico.htm
Translated Link: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/primera/2012/365499/6/remozan-puerto-vallarta-para-recibir-al-tianguis-turistico.htm&usg=ALkJrhiXfLGlBEd1okOjZalz6dLifiYzwA

I am at loss to understand why they would tie up hotel rooms and restaurants at the tail end of Spring Break and right before Semana Santa!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:50 am

CheenaGringo wrote: I am at loss to understand why they would tie up hotel rooms and restaurants at the tail end of Spring Break and right before Semana Santa!

The last week of March is generally slow for beach tourism unless it falls directly on Semana Santa. I'll bet the merchants in PV are pleased as punch for the business the fair will bring. With all due respect CG, do you know anything about Mexico?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:35 am

susan admonishes CB about Hock´s little joke with the inquiry:
bob why are jew jokes ok (or white christian jokes), but not mexican? or latino?

To which CG replies that there is a big big difference beween malicious racist humor and Hock´s dialect joke to which Susan was taking umbrage.
Dawg is not as easily offended as Susan and just today, I, an Alabama native with exceedingly thick skin (to say nothing of belly) and a product of her public schools, took one of Hock´s earlier postings belittling folk from such places as "Missouruh" and "Alabami" who "cain´t spell" in good humor and now that I know humor making light of regional patois embraced in the Missouri Ozarks or Appalachian Plateau in Northeast Alabama is OK, I feel free to post regarding an important historical fact unbeknownst to most of you readers.

THE ORIGIN OF THE NAME WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE

This famous sauce, originally know simply as steakhouse sauce received its now famous name during WW 1 when the first Alabama soldiers arrived in England on their way to the front. On leave in London after their arrival and encountering the typical English style steak sauce for the first time, they were heard to inquire loudly, "Woost dis shere sauce?" The name stuck long after those Bama soldiers were long gone and back to picking okra again in the foothills.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:52 am

Solo:

Certainly a valid question! I would not claim to have an understanding on the thought process nor exactly how things work in Mexico. From my experience NOB living in various resort areas, conferences or meetings tend to be scheduled during the real off season so that they do not compete with the busier times. Please excuse me if I have stepped on some toes by using NOB logic!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7