INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Great News out of Vallarta

+18
gringal
hound dog
kipissippi
brigitte
57Chevy
canadiangirl
raqueteer
johninajijic
susan
Intercasa
Mainecoons
martygraw
Parker
ferret
Solovino
CanuckBob
viajero
CheenaGringo
22 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 2 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by Parker Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:20 pm

susan wrote:parker was always fullofsxxt. hello? parker & all that phony liberal compassion b.s. please, i can spot them a mile a way. thats the poster who was seeking hurricane victims to "help". & wondered why the poor mexicans dont invite him/her to their homes. then there was a dialogue about protein bars. (this was part of the "maid woes" thread. i saved much of that for material. it was precious, could not make this stuff up). this is why the world hates these white phonies. i had "parkers" number way back, this was the first person to trash me, said i had no heart. fxxk you too). next thing we will hear is that we do not understand the "humor"- it was satire. ("shot on the spot", very funny). moving on: i see both sides, CB & CG. death penalty here would not work. but theres nothing wrong w/a double whammy for tourists/vistors. especially americans & canadians. why? the US bends over backwards to accomodate mexicans. its a 2 way street. lets face it, its all about $. both governments understand THAT one. life is not always fair, maybe it can be 1/2 fair. @least some criminals will be put away. & these people rob mexicans as well, so it helps across the board. i am w/CB.

Please show me, since you have copies at hand, dates etc. so we can verify.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 2 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by susan Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:48 pm

ok its on "maid woes", OR possibly the next big thread, the murder home invasion(s). but i think it was somewhere in between. i will look @ my posts (saved) & then trace it from there. i have a mind like a steel trap. cant cut& paste so write by hand, & have to find the notes.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:51 pm

susan wrote:ok its on "maid woes", OR possibly the next big thread, the murder home invasion(s). but i think it was somewhere in between. i will look @ my posts (saved) & then trace it from there. i have a mind like a steel trap. cant cut& paste so write by hand, & have to find the notes.

Waiting and not taken out of context.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:08 am

theres nothing wrong w/creating an "elite status". tourists visitors FM#S, all american passport holders. as i said robbers rob everyone. so its a win win, to have a harsh penalty. death is not the answer but 25 yrs in a hell hole yes. my best friend, who is native indian mexican american says he wouldnt go near mexico. his mother raised him to know its a corrupt sleeze pit. & they always kept the mex thing kind of secret. back to politics, i doute our govt will stand up to mexico. these 2 countries are in bed together w/the gun business the drug business, the cheap help for corporations. maybe they dont care so much about tourists & hotels? as for a higher status & some protection? why not? i deserve it.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:39 am

Different penalties based on the nationality of the victim with preference given to foreigners over citizens,what a nutty idea,I'm sure that would go over well with the mexican public.I can see it now,kill a gringo=life without,a mexican=10 to 20,a guatemalan=pay a fine,etc.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:46 am

Nutty, my ass! It's a disgusting miscarriage of justice.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:22 am

viajero wrote:Different penalties based on the nationality of the victim with preference given to foreigners over citizens,what a nutty idea,I'm sure that would go over well with the mexican public.I can see it now,kill a gringo=life without,a mexican=10 to 20,a guatemalan=pay a fine,etc.
Chris

They do that in the US. Three young men in PA beat a Mexican to death and got what amounted to a slap on the wrist. The federal government had to step in and try them for rights violation. If it had been the other way around the Mexicans would have surely been given a harsh sentence.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

I was talking about protecting TOURISTS. That would be anyone visiting Mexico on an FMM visa. Nothing to do with Nationality other than they wouldn't be a citizen of Mexico. Those added penalties would not include gringos who live there on an FM2 or 3 as they would be considered citizens of Mexico.

If Canada had similar crime problems and was as reliant on Tourism as many parts of Mexico I would have no problem with such a law protecting visitors. It doesn't mean any less than what is currently in place for citizens.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:53 am

Solo:

I doubt that any of us would be foolish enough to proclaim that the US system of justice as being 100% impartial or equal for all. However, there is a far greater chance that when someone gets caught as a suspect for committing a crime, they will end up facing a session in court. When I see figures that seem to indicate that somewhere between 4 and 10% of apprehended suspects are actually hauled into court, I have to think there is a flaw in the system.

As for the Puerto Vallarta incident, given their investment in and reliance on tourism one could logically think that they would have had plans in place to minimize the chances for an incident such as this. With the mayor inferring that it was Carnival's responsibility, it seems that he is just throwing out one more reason for Carnival and other cruise lines to pull out.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Solovino wrote:
viajero wrote:Different penalties based on the nationality of the victim with preference given to foreigners over citizens,what a nutty idea,I'm sure that would go over well with the mexican public.I can see it now,kill a gringo=life without,a mexican=10 to 20,a guatemalan=pay a fine,etc.
Chris

They do that in the US. Three young men in PA beat a Mexican to death and got what amounted to a slap on the wrist. The federal government had to step in and try them for rights violation. If it had been the other way around the Mexicans would have surely been given a harsh sentence.
At least the feds did step in.Black and brown crimes on whites have always been punished more severely than white on black or brown,it's an american tradition.You're preaching to the choir.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:22 pm

And the white ones with money that take from other white ones with money, don't seem to get punished at all.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 pm

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/02/22-carnival-cruise-passengers-robbed-in.html

According to the above link, the passengers had already been to El Nogalito and were on a bus returning to their ship when it was stopped and robbed. I must not have caught this detail in previous reports?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:00 pm

All the facts are not out yet but they were on a cruiseline "recommended" bus trip to an area south of Vallarta.
I don't read the pvscene board any more but this is a link to Brenda's All Vallarta board info about this incident...
http://todopuertovallarta.yuku.com/topic/15726/22-Carnival-Cruise-passengers-robbed--gunpoint--good--Puerto

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 pm

CB, an FM3 is a "temporary resident". the only difference between that & tourist visa is that FM3 it is for one year. (not 6 months). and you can open a bank account, & buy property. FM3 it is very far from being a citizen. but FM3 people do much business in mexico as well as take trips shop etc. it is a way to protect us. so @least SOME criminals will be put away. the "visitor" can also be mexican as well. it seems that mexico does not care WHO visits. 2 weeks, 6 months, one year? they are telling you to go fxxk off. they promote mexico then back stab. thats the culture.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 pm

From NBC, they dredge up a two year old story about an attack in Cancun and then tie that to this most recent event to point out the dangers of Spring Break in Mexico:
http://todaytravel.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/27/10518068-american-attacked-in-cancun-underscores-importance-of-spring-break-safety

And then from MSNBC, an article titled: "Time to say adios to Mexico travel?":
http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/08/6814606-time-to-say-adios-to-mexico-travel

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Don't expect anybody to care about crime with this being an election year and most will be looking for work in about 9 months.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 pm

since they cant re run its a none issue. but the new people may say its an important issue & make promises. it may not be safe for spring break. college kids may be foolish & add to the danger.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 pm

CG - That's the typical NOB brainwashing trying to make Mexico look bad, so they can keep tourist $$$ in their own f*cked up Country. And only the fools buy into it, but the media keeps bullsh*tting away. Time for Mexico to put out stats for the US.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 am

John:

Your generalizations and conspiracy theories are getting old and tired! If the US is so darned bad, then why are you considering a move back? OH, I get it. It is all about the money! Since you are constantly claiming that matters are so bad NOB, one can only assume that you are willing to trade "happiness" for the financial benefits provided to you by Medicare.

As for your comment about: "Time for Mexico to put out stats for the US."; if you even bothered to read the Mexican press, you would find that they DO cover incidents that happen NOB. Yesterday's school shooting in Cleveland was in the papers right after it happened. With the possible exception of the undereducated migrant workers, I would guess that most Mexican tourists and businessmen are quite aware of the hazards in travel NOB and accept the possibilities of having something negative happen. Mexicans and other foreign travelers to NOB are not naive and in many cases probably know far more about the countries they travel to than the residents of that particular country.

The NBC report was totally irresponsible in that they utilized a two year old story to "whip the flames"!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am

people do not vacation in dangerous areas in the USA. but they do take cruises to mexico. taking a bus in mexico has proven dangerous. how many private bus lines get robbed in the US? comparing those stats makes sense. i bet even low end greyhound buses in US havnt been robbed! (once john sells his house, he wont give a damn about mexico).

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

For a long time, people have been claiming that the US has an agenda about keeping the $$$'s at home, well here is a report out of Texas that is most probably driven by an agenda:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46644850/ns/travel-seasonal_travel/#.T1a1oWVdmnI
"SAN ANTONIO — The state of Texas on Tuesday warned residents for the third consecutive year not to travel to Mexico during the upcoming university spring break season, saying drug cartel violence and other criminal activity are a safety threat even in resort areas......"

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that Texas might be competing with Mexico for that Spring Break Dollar?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:18 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:For a long time, people have been claiming that the US has an agenda about keeping the $$$'s at home, well here is a report out of Texas that is most probably driven by an agenda:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46644850/ns/travel-seasonal_travel/#.T1a1oWVdmnI
"SAN ANTONIO — The state of Texas on Tuesday warned residents for the third consecutive year not to travel to Mexico during the upcoming university spring break season, saying drug cartel violence and other criminal activity are a safety threat even in resort areas......"

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that Texas might be competing with Mexico for that Spring Break Dollar?

.........And strangely enough the Canadian media has cranked up the "dangers of Mexico" campaign again starting today. No new stories.....just re-hashing old ones. There is also a documentary on the dangers of Mexico and the drug trade on the CBC tonight (on The National) at 10:00pm pacific time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:47 pm

CB:

I think this was last night's version of what you are referring to:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/03/05/bc-mexico-gangs.html?cmp=rss

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 pm

So what's the deal with the naked chick in the elevator?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 am

That story has completely disappeared. She has never even made a public statement of what transpired. There is far more to this story than we will ever be told.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 am

From the International Tourism Fair being held in Berlin, David Scowsill President of the World Travel and Tourism Council called the warning out of Texas irresponsible and politically motivated:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eluniversal.com.mx%2Fnotas%2F834492.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next