INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Police took my vehicle

+30
Trailrunner
ferret
hockables
Twonk
MexicoPete
RoofBob
merry
slainte39
Mainecoons
snowyco
Jim W
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
jackak10
mikey1953
Intercasa
johninajijic
gringal
Libelula
Chapala Payaso
rjf1943
sparks
Parker
espíritu del lago
Smartalex
Grizzy
viajero
binky
Luisa
sundown
34 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Federal Police took my vehicle - Page 3 Empty Re: Federal Police took my vehicle

Post by Mainecoons Thu May 31, 2012 8:57 am

Good advice. We're having Spencer do a notification to Aduana on our car again this year along with FM3 renewals. Used the paperwork once when questioned at a check point, worked like a champ.

Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Federal Police took my vehicle - Page 3 Empty Re: Federal Police took my vehicle

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2012 2:12 pm

[quote="jackak10"]This whole thread started from a long, rambling post about being victimized by crooked cops and somehow got off onto paperwork.

Wasn't the OP the same person who told of the girl abducted at gunpoint inside Soriana by 4 armed criminals, then never posted anything to verify it? How about an update, Sundown, other than to say you can't post anything specific because you were threatened. If that's the case, why post at all?
[/quote

¡¡¡¡ BINGO !!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

The girl at Sorriana lived next to my family. All was quiet after she came home. I know nothing else.
If slainte39 does not like what I posted, turn off the computer, it has a button. Many people know that what I posted was a fact. Stay in "La La Land" until facts enter your world.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Thu May 31, 2012 8:25 pm

sundown wrote:The girl at Sorriana lived next to my family. All was quiet after she came home. I know nothing else.
If slainte39 does not like what I posted, turn off the computer, it has a button. Many people know that what I posted was a fact. Stay in "La La Land" until facts enter your world.
Your original post about the girl in Soriana said "the word on the street is a girl was abducted". Now you say she lived next to your family, and she came home? You could have let us know, there are frightened people out here.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu May 31, 2012 8:53 pm

sundown wrote:The girl at Sorriana lived next to my family. All was quiet after she came home. I know nothing else.

Sundown, maybe you can ask this girl or the family what happened? You got hundreds of people worried about this. You owe it to those you frightened to give them an update. Nobody else is in a position to update this story but you.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu May 31, 2012 9:06 pm

Girl kidnapped at Soriana
by sundown on Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 pm

.The street info is that a young girl yesterday, ran into Soriana shouting for help, followed by four gunmen
that took the girl as they had their guns on the people.

sundown

RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu May 31, 2012 9:13 pm

What else is there to know? The girl returned home.
This was originally reported as a rumor "The street info is"
Why do you continue to shoot the messenger when this website is here for "facts or rumors" ?
I only found out recently, that she was now in her casa & as I stated I know nothing else.
If you know anything about the Mexican community, you know not to stick your nose into their business/ and /or the criminals..

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2012 9:22 pm

Don't you want to know how she got away in case it happens to you?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu May 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Well who did you originally talk to on the street, Sun? Or can you not tell them apart? Were they actually brandishing salchichas and not really guns?

If you're "in" with the Mexican community, they will tell you more than you ever wanted to know. If you're "out" then yeah, keep your nose out of their business.

M.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 9:26 pm

sundown wrote:If you know anything about the Mexican community, you know not to stick your nose into their business/ and /or the criminals..

That is good advice IMO and sometimes I worry the "gringos" get too involved. Once they cross the line with the bad guys, then they have choosen to enter the arena and all bets are off for any gringo in Mexico. It would be a sad day indeed.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu May 31, 2012 9:44 pm

sundown wrote:What else is there to know? The girl returned home.
This was originally reported as a rumor "The street info is"
Why do you continue to shoot the messenger when this website is here for "facts or rumors" ?
I only found out recently, that she was now in her casa & as I stated I know nothing else.
If you know anything about the Mexican community, you know not to stick your nose into their business/ and /or the criminals..
Yes sundown this section is for facts and rumors and separating the two is important. I'm not suggesting shooting the messenger but I do want to take a close look at the horse he rode in on. The incident you reported is quite alarming if it happened and if not that's o.k too. I'm sure you understand.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 10:15 pm

RoofBob wrote:I'm not suggesting shooting the messenger but I do want to take a close look at the horse he rode in on.

You are a poet RB......... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 31, 2012 10:16 pm

I would say your rumour is not true as are many other rumours here.

From the CSI Update - dated May 26 by Capt. Contreras
"5) NO, there were no reports about women, in Soriana or otherwise, who were threatened. The only incident that was reported came from a concerned mother when she found out her daughter was not in the classroom, she ‘thought’ she had been kidnapped. As it turns out, she was out for a walk with a friend."

johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 pm

It is not "their" rumor John. They passed along what they were told at the time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu May 31, 2012 11:48 pm

I've been up North now for two weeks, and feel much safer about returning because of what I read on this forum. You know, no more murder sprees.

Now if I wanted to, I could go into details how the traffic was messed up here at the local coffee house in Seattle because all of the shootings made by that crazy dude. But I won't.

May you all have a safe weekend.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 pm

For those that confirm rumors with local police, HA! HA!
The Mexicans do not trust, & my family is Mexican. I choose not to be a
Johninajijic at my dinner table

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Ain't buyin into it....have foreign plates...never an issue....Feds are great...no problem....they are on PR mission to keep us here...sorry...totally disagree
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Jim W wrote:Ain't buyin into it....have foreign plates...never an issue....Feds are great...no problem....they are on PR mission to keep us here...sorry...totally disagree

We have been stopped by the army at least 3 times. There is usually a truck load of them at checkpoints. They have been polite every time.

We have been stopped by Federales twice. Many speak English. They are extremely polite and I think they are educated.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Twonk Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 am

Not all the Federales are good. We were stopped by them on the road that leaves the airport to join up with the highway to Ajijic one night, after picking up a friend at the airport. Great way to make a good impression on a visitor! They tried to shake us down for $ 200 USD. When my husband said he had no money and only brought enough for parking, they said " well then how about $100 USD? " Ha ha! Nice try! After about 10 minutes of getting nowhere with us he let us go and squealed his tires as he took off, thoroughly ticked off with us and the time he had wasted. They had been eaten alive by mosquitos as they stood there so he had those bites as his little bit of Karma! Until then we had hoped for more from the Federales, but we learned that they too are sometimes as bad as the local Transitos, except they ask for more.

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 am

Twonk wrote:Not all the Federales are good. We were stopped by them on the road that leaves the airport to join up with the highway to Ajijic one night, after picking up a friend at the airport. Great way to make a good impression on a visitor! They tried to shake us down for $ 200 USD. When my husband said he had no money and only brought enough for parking, they said " well then how about $100 USD? " Ha ha! Nice try! After about 10 minutes of getting nowhere with us he let us go and squealed his tires as he took off, thoroughly ticked off with us and the time he had wasted. They had been eaten alive by mosquitos as they stood there so he had those bites as his little bit of Karma! Until then we had hoped for more from the Federales, but we learned that they too are sometimes as bad as the local Transitos, except they ask for more.

OH TWONK, who claimed that "all the Federales are good"????????

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 am

Heck, they even have a few bad apples in the cops up north. Just ask the prostitutes and drug dealers that a few of the VPD were putting the squeeze on for free goods and services or the guy who was tasered to death by the RCMP in the Vancouver airport, etc., etc. Here it is just more rampant and not kept below the covers as well........

I am certain a lot of it has to do with the meager salaries these cops are paid.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 am

When Bob retires from running this board, he's taking up cat herdiing. Bound to be a lot easier. Beer

Appreciate the post Bob. Some people don't know the history.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 am

Well I think you would be surprised at what some of do know..We don't shout it from the rooftops..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Twonk Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:29 am

merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:Not all the Federales are good. We were stopped by them on the road that leaves the airport to join up with the highway to Ajijic one night, after picking up a friend at the airport. Great way to make a good impression on a visitor! They tried to shake us down for $ 200 USD. When my husband said he had no money and only brought enough for parking, they said " well then how about $100 USD? " Ha ha! Nice try! After about 10 minutes of getting nowhere with us he let us go and squealed his tires as he took off, thoroughly ticked off with us and the time he had wasted. They had been eaten alive by mosquitos as they stood there so he had those bites as his little bit of Karma! Until then we had hoped for more from the Federales, but we learned that they too are sometimes as bad as the local Transitos, except they ask for more.

Merry

OH MERRY, who claimed that ANYONE claimed that " all the Federales are good"???????

As CanuckBob says, there are some bad cops everywhere.

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 am

Jim W wrote:Ain't buyin into it....have foreign plates...never an issue....Feds are great...no problem....they are on PR mission to keep us here...sorry...totally disagree

Jimbo...U could pass for a cop from outta country....

I think they are more inclined to go after Gringo Accountants...

Besides.... I've driven with you.... They probably couldn't even catch you!!

Last edited by hockables on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 1 more crack)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 am

Twonk wrote:
merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:Not all the Federales are good. We were stopped by them................
Merry
OH MERRY, who claimed that ANYONE claimed that " all the Federales are good"??????? ...

D'oh, Twonk! Read your own posts!

M.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next