INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Police took my vehicle

+30
Trailrunner
ferret
hockables
Twonk
MexicoPete
RoofBob
merry
slainte39
Mainecoons
snowyco
Jim W
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
jackak10
mikey1953
Intercasa
johninajijic
gringal
Libelula
Chapala Payaso
rjf1943
sparks
Parker
espíritu del lago
Smartalex
Grizzy
viajero
binky
Luisa
sundown
34 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Federal Police took my vehicle - Page 4 Empty Re: Federal Police took my vehicle

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 am

Twonk wrote:
merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:Not all the Federales are good. We were stopped by them................
OH TWONK, who claimed that "all the Federales are good"????????
Merry
OH MERRY, who claimed that ANYONE claimed that " all the Federales are good"??????? ...

D'oh, Twonk! Read your own posts!

M.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Federal Police took my vehicle - Page 4 Empty Re: Federal Police took my vehicle

Post by Parker Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 pm

merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:
merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:Not all the Federales are good. We were stopped by them................
Merry
OH MERRY, who claimed that ANYONE claimed that " all the Federales are good"??????? ...

M.

Twonk is just making a statement and Merry is trying to draw an inference from that statement which she may or may not be right. Hence, Twonk is correct. IMHO

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Parker wrote:
merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:
merry wrote:
Merry

M.

Twonk is just making a statement and Merry is trying to draw an inference from that statement which she may or may not be right. Hence, Twonk is correct. IMHO

I asked a question, Parker, and everything since then has been idiotic. And now for something completely different: the original topic.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Parker wrote:
merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:
merry wrote:
Merry

M.

IMHO Merry understood Twonk who confused Parker but if Twonk thought like Parker then Merry should think like Twonk that Parker is right which is wrong because Parker isn't, Merry is and Twonk isn't.

Last edited by RoofBob on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : oxygen)
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:39 pm

BRAVO! Nicely done roofbob!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 pm

It’s no wonder you guys haven’t figured out “FreeCell”. Ha! Ha! Ha! Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Are you posters going for 10 pages of useless bandwidth here?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Twonk Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Parker wrote:
merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:
merry wrote:
Merry

M.

EXACTLY! Thank you, Parker, for pointing that out. Merry, please don't attribute statements to me which I didn't make, which is what your quotation marks and your question inferred. Neither I, nor anyone else, was stupid enough to say that all Federales were good. The posters above me were extolling the virtues of Federales, however, and so I posted a story which shows that they are not all great guys. I began with a simple statement saying that NOT all Federales are good. May I suggest that YOU read my post. After that, if you still don't understand what I said, please go with what Roofbob said. Maybe that will make more sense to you.

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:04 pm

"IMHO Merry understood Twonk who confused Parker but if Twonk thought like Parker then Merry should think like Twonk that Parker is right which is wrong because Parker isn't, Merry is and Twonk isn't." - Roof Bob

Post of the year!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Parker wrote:It’s no wonder you guys haven’t figured out “FreeCell”. Ha! Ha! Ha! Very Happy

Got bored with Freecell when I started being able to finish 10 in 30 minutes.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Twonk wrote:
Parker wrote:
merry wrote:
Twonk wrote:
merry wrote:
Merry
M.
EXACTLY! Thank you, ....er that, if you still don't understand what I said, please go with what Roofbob said. Maybe that will make more sense to you.
I just want to say go "Twonk" yourself.. Sorry Twonk :) I could not resist. No hidden message here
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:32 pm

ferret wrote:
Parker wrote:It’s no wonder you guys haven’t figured out “FreeCell”. Ha! Ha! Ha! Very Happy

Yep, me too and I finally gave up totally after starting at number one and finishing somewhere around 12,000 in sequence. There were a few tough ones, but not enough to make it interesting.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:24 pm

NINE POSTS ABOVE I wrote:

"I asked a question, Parker, and everything since then has been idiotic. And now for something completely different: the original topic.

Merry"

Boy you guys are easy to get off on a rabbit trail. M.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:29 pm

E-raq wrote:
ferret wrote:

Yep, me too and I finally gave up totally after starting at number one and finishing somewhere around 12,000 in sequence. There were a few tough ones, but not enough to make it interesting.

Really, it took 12000 games for you to finally get bored. HMMM

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:37 pm

johninajijic wrote:Are you posters going for 10 pages of useless bandwidth here?

John do you have any idea how much bandwidth is used for print conversation compared to pictures and emotions?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Parker wrote:
E-raq wrote:
ferret wrote:

Really, it took 12000 games for you to finally get bored. HMMM

Nice one Parker! Gotta hand it to you there. Anyhow, in my defense, I was trying to overcome my fear of computers, a deep seated antipathy caused by years of listening to horror stories from my other half about crashing the computer. It worked.
Second defense, just in case the first one sounded lame, people kept asking me if all the games were actually winnable. I can attest to the fact that at least 12,000 of them are definitely winnable.
Third defense just in case one and two still came off as lame. A ruptured disc had me fairly well immobilized for awhile there.
Fourth defense, I was trying to figure out if I had alzheimers and forgot what I was doing?
Final defense: 12,000 games times 3 minutes equals 36,000 minutes which equals just about the amount of time it takes to recuperate from a ruptured disc.

Federal Police took my vehicle - Page 4 339824
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:09 pm

merry wrote:NINE POSTS ABOVE I wrote:

"I asked a question, Parker, and everything since then has been idiotic. And now for something completely different: the original topic.

Merry"

Merry, perhaps you should go back and re-read all you’re with conversation “Twonk” to determine what type of question that you were trying to ask or was it an accusation disguised as a question. Please read with a fair mind and open heart.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Parker wrote:

Merry"

Merry, perhaps you should go back and re-read all you’re with conversation “Twonk” to determine what type of question that you were trying to ask or was it an accusation disguised as a question. Please read with a fair mind and open heart.

Parker, perhaps you should butt out of the conversation between me and "Twonk."

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:53 pm

merry wrote:
Parker wrote:

Merry"

Parker, perhaps you should butt out of the conversation between me and "Twonk."

Merry

Because it wasn’t a very nice conversation and you more or less refused to try and understand, plus only retorted with smart-ass remarks to a “Newbie”.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:04 pm

The "Newbie" started out with a straw argument and took it to preposterous proportions defending it against nobody. His stupid argument was that "Not all Federales are bad." Who in the their right mind would argue that "ALL Federales are bad"? Who said it? Nobody. Nobody would. Maybe he feels it was a provocative statement but nobody had ever said anything to the contrary and nobody would argue against it. Punching at air, over and over. He's arguing about nothing with nobody. I hope he doesn't tire himself out fighting against his non-existent opponents.

And I must say, you seem to have a mommy-complex about this person, nobody pulled their punches with me when I was a noob and I didn't expect them to. But I do appreciate the "smart-ass" part, that is quite my personal trademark(tm).

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Reminds me of the movie " My Name Is Nobody " not great... but good for a laugh...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 am

merry wrote:The "Newbie" started out with a straw argument and took it to preposterous proportions defending it against nobody. His stupid argument was that "Not all Federales are bad." Who in the their right mind would argue that "ALL Federales are bad"? Who said it? Nobody. Nobody would. Maybe he feels it was a provocative statement but nobody had ever said anything to the contrary and nobody would argue against it. Punching at air, over and over. He's arguing about nothing with nobody. I hope he doesn't tire himself out fighting against his non-existent opponents.

And I must say, you seem to have a mommy-complex about this person, nobody pulled their punches with me when I was a noob and I didn't expect them to. But I do appreciate the "smart-ass" part, that is quite my personal trademark(tm).

Merry

Following is the total conversation I think we’re speaking of;

Re: Federal Police took my vehicle
by Twonk Today at 9:29 am
Not all the Federales are good. We were stopped by them on the road that leaves the airport to join up with the highway to Ajijic one night, after picking up a friend at the airport. Great way to make a good impression on a visitor! They tried to shake us down for $ 200 USD. When my husband said he had no money and only brought enough for parking, they said " well then how about $100 USD? " Ha ha! Nice try! After about 10 minutes of getting nowhere with us he let us go and squealed his tires as he took off, thoroughly ticked off with us and the time he had wasted. They had been eaten alive by mosquitos as they stood there so he had those bites as his little bit of Karma! Until then we had hoped for more from the Federales, but we learned that they too are sometimes as bad as the local Transitos, except they ask for more.

merry wrote: OH TWONK, who claimed that "all the Federales are good"????????
Merry

Twonk wrote: OH MERRY, who claimed that ANYONE claimed that " all the Federales are good"??????? ...

merry wrote: D'oh, Twonk! Read your own posts!
M.

Are we even talking about the same issue? What is your point?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:32 am

What I'm trying to figure out is if Merry drew more of an inference to what Twonk said than what he actually implied or was it the other way around and Twonk actually implied something that Merry couldn't help but to infer.
I would love to know everyone's opinion on this matter, especially johninajijic. Shit stirring
I'll try going to sleep without knowing the answer.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:28 am

Think I'll have that other drink before going to bed, after all.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Federal Police took my vehicle - Page 4 Empty My vote

Post by sambrit10 Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:58 am

slainte39 wrote: What I'm trying to figure out is if Merry drew more of an inference to what Twonk said than what he actually implied or was it the other way around and Twonk actually implied something that Merry couldn't help but to infer.

Yes, I vote that Merry drew more of an inference that what Twonk actually implied. If you look at the post immediately before Twonk's post, it was someone saying that all their encounters with the army and the Federales had so far been quite good. I believe that Twonk was reacting to this when he said "Not all Federales are good."

I would also like to know why Merry reacted so strongly to that statement. Twonk wasn't drawing a line in the sand, just making an observation. I may now be asked to butt out ... but to me a conversation held in a forum is NOT a private conversation. Although frankly I'm not quite sure why I'm bothering to express an opinion on this. I suppose it struck me as more than normally contentious even with all the contentiousness I've already seen in my short time on this (and other) lakeside forums.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

All of this bickering/etc sounds like late nite "Bar Talk"

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next