INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

+22
Carry Bean
Big Daddy Mexico
Zedinmexico
Axixic
Ms.Thang
hound dog
slainte39
Rosa Venus
Viajero-Tiempo
ferret
CheenaGringo
gringal
Smartalex
viajero
E-raq
ComputerGuy
seisdedos
johninajijic
Ms Mac
Uncle Jack
SunsetKid
brigitte
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

Post by E-raq Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Ms Mac wrote:
E-raq wrote:Well now Ms Mac I see you have not yet retreated to a safe distance and are continuing with this fascinating food fight. Very Happy
I will not capitulate! Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 2 18717

Keep 'em coming guys, I'm getting a real kick out of this one. Very Happy

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Love MsMacs posts, but I'm not really sure if she's talking about a 12" long hot dog or something else???? LOL
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:42 pm

E-raq wrote:
Ms Mac wrote:
E-raq wrote:Well now Ms Mac I see you have not yet retreated to a safe distance and are continuing with this fascinating food fight. Very Happy
I will not capitulate! Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 2 18717

Keep 'em coming guys, I'm getting a real kick out of this one. Very Happy

Me, too. They used to sell the "Giant Italian" on a sign at our local county fair. Not a bad sausage sandwich, either, but something of a let down.
razberry

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Looks like they burnt the bun.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 pm

I could go for a Giant Italian about now. No, I'm Irish. Maybe a giant leprechaun. There's your oxymoron for the day.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Quoting John: "Only the Pres, Veeps and Wall Street guys with their overpaid salaries could afford one of these. Wonder if Bernie Madeoffwith your money ever had one."

Every heard of consistency John? One minute you claim that everyone is jealous of Mitt's money and then you make a statement like this!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Viajero-Tiempo Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Has anyone (besides me & SO) eaten one from Bruno?
I think they're really good.

Viajero-Tiempo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Agree. The burger at Bruno's is darn good.

I like the one at Cafe Magana, also.

I'll wait to try this new place until after I hear about a hundred other favorable reviews. So far it has one.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Agree. The burger at Bruno's is darn good.

I like the one at Cafe Magana, also.

I'll wait to try this new place until after I hear about a hundred other favorable reviews. So far it has one.

One positive Dawg review is worth a hundred others. He is the resident cheeseburger expert.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm

I've been reading his reviews for years. The last time he gushed about a burger in Ajijic it was at a place near the Danza del Sol that had some affinity for stock cars or the Dukes of Hazard or something like that. I tried them twice and wasn't impressed.

Last edited by Rosa Venus on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:46 pm

johninajijic wrote:Love MsMacs posts, but I'm not really sure if she's talking about a 12" long hot dog or something else???? LOL

John...are trying to turn a perfectly harmless and innocent thread into something lewd, lecherous, and lascivious.
Shame on you...you you should be sent to the Octagon and made to stand in the corner.

BTW John...rumour is that those $666.00 burgers are what Obama served to his "elite" guests at the dinner party. Now both you and Jim W can have a Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 2 633732

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:I've been reading his reviews for years. The last time he gushed about a burger in Ajijic it was at a place near the Danza del Sol that had some affinity for stock cars or the Dukes of Hazard or something like that. The burger wasn't any good.

Well...his roots ARE...in Alabama.
Most of the time in remission, but ever so often it flairs up.
We are a long ways from big time burgervilles, so we are lucky to have him.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:56 pm

I agree, we are perfectly harmless and innocent. We are neither lewd, lecherous, nor lascivious. But a girl's gotta have a little fun. Thumbs up

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:02 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Rosa Venus wrote:I've been reading his reviews for years. The last time he gushed about a burger in Ajijic it was at a place near the Danza del Sol that had some affinity for stock cars or the Dukes of Hazard or something like that. The burger wasn't any good.

Well...his roots ARE...in Alabama.
Most of the time in remission, but ever so often it flairs up.
We are a long ways from big time burgervilles, so we are lucky to have him.

Bullsh*t that burger was no good. That was Danny´s #1 on Ocampo and, for a while there he had the best cheeseburger at Lakeside. Danny, who came from a wealthy family in Guadalajara who owns the estate on the lake adjacent to Dawg´s own estate, opened that burger joint and bar around 2005 and those were exquisite burgers. Unfortunately, Danny expected his womanfriend to do all the work charbroiling those cheeseburgers while he drank with amigos and showed off his hot stockcar labled #1. After a few weeks of this, she told him to take his cheeseburgers and shove them up his ass. If you drive down Ocampo behind the Danza Del Sol you will still see the #1 sign fronting the property but Danny and his babe have not been seen in years. Dawg can only guarantee you the best burger at Lakeside at the time of posting, not the viability of the owners turning them out. For you to say that those burgers were no good proves conclusively that your tasetbuds are firrnly implanted up your anus.

Dawg´s top five burgers within 30 minutes of wherever you, the reader, are reading this in or near Lakeside:
1) Sugar Daddy´s BBQ in the Montaña Center on the Carretera at Colon.
2) Bruno´s Steakhouse on the Carretera in Central Ajijic.
3) Burger King at GDL Airport Terminal 1 near the sublime Krispy Kreme Doughnut House and Starbucks Coffee.
4) Carl´s Junior at the Galleria in Guadalajara
5) Dawg´s Iranian Burger made as follows:
* Premium ground lamb larded with lots of finely chopped garlic and parsley and freshly ground black pepper with salt to taste
* Sliced raw red onions
* Toasted, buttered hamburger buns of premium quality
* Homemade French style aioli redolent of raw garlic.
* Roasted fresh jalapeños with seeds intact to taste or hot peppers of your choice (optional)
* Herradura Blanco straight up with Dawg´s spicy sangrita recipe or fresh lime

Last edited by hound dog on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:09 pm

hound dog wrote:

Bullsh*t that burger was no good. ..... Unfortunately, Danny expected his womanfriend to do all the work charbroiling those cheeseburgers while he drank with amigos and showed off his hot stockcar labled #1. After a few weeks of this, she told him to take his cheeseburgers and shove them up his ass.

And that must have been the one we were served. Twice.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 pm

[quote="Rosa Venus"]
hound dog wrote:

Bullsh*t that burger was no good. ..... Unfortunately, Danny expected his womanfriend to do all the work charbroiling those cheeseburgers while he drank with amigos and showed off his hot stockcar labled #1. After a few weeks of this, she told him to take his cheeseburgers and shove them up his ass.

And that must have been the one we were served. Twice.[/quote]

Perhaps she did not like you. Whatever - their endeavor is history and never to be restored. Thank God for the new BBQ joint. Dawg is flattered that you remember my burger joint recommendation from ancient history. I had no idea I had a following.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm

hound dog wrote: I had no idea I had a following.

Nobody on the board will believe that bullshit.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 pm

[quote="seisdedos"]
hound dog wrote: I had no idea I had a following.

Nobody on the board will believe that bullshit.[/quote]

OK, let me re-phrase that. I had no idea I had a following with memories dating back that far. Most wake up in Salvation Army Hostels wondering how they got there and what they had been carrying in that plastic bag with the lable, "Please Recycle." and the prevailing smell of stale dung.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Dawg, i remember you from that far back. Kudos to St. Brigitte. Beer

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 pm

Don't take me wrong, hound dog. I give your restaurant reviews and opinions more credence than I give most around here. (But that isn't saying much.)

I've just noticed I can't trust them, especially when it's a new place and you over-enthuse after your first visit.

I'm tired of chasing decent food around here.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:56 am

I was okay with Hound Dog's reasoning until he included a: Burger King, and b: Carls Junior.

From these two listings, it is quite clear you should not even listen to his opinion of Danny's or, frankly, any other burger place. Burger King ranks among the worst in the world. Carls Junior IS the worst in the world. If it weren't for the crappy bottled sauce on that piece 'o' shit, it would only be fit for a... dog.

PS: Hound Dog: this doesn't mean I have any opinion about you other than your taste buds.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:20 am

HelperGuy wrote:I was okay with Hound Dog's reasoning until he included a: Burger King, and b: Carls Junior.

From these two listings, it is quite clear you should not even listen to his opinion of Danny's or, frankly, any other burger place. Burger King ranks among the worst in the world. Carls Junior IS the worst in the world. If it weren't for the crappy bottled sauce on that piece 'o' shit, it would only be fit for a... dog.

PS: Hound Dog: this doesn't mean I have any opinion about you other than your taste buds.

Next thing you know he'll be telling us how great MickeyD's is. NOT!!! They're all basically the same hamburgers with different kinds of s... on them. And Carl's Jr., OMG, the first one I went to was in GDL. YUK, YUK, YUK, worst I've had anywhere. Wendy's in the US was pretty decent. We'll save our money and keep making quality burgers at home.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am

Ah, John. The only difference between my recommendations for the hamburgers at Carl´s Jr. and your claim that "Wendy´s in the U.S. is pretty decent" is that you were serious. Wendy´s for God´s sake!. Disgraceful fried, pre-formed greaseburgers. No self-respecting burger fan would eat a fried, pre-formed Wendy´s greasebuger. Burgers must be charbroiled - preferably using soaked hickory wood chips to provide a great smoky flavor.

I was serious about the cheeseburger at Sugar Daddy´s BBQ, however, at least the two I´ve had so far. I not only recommend them but look forward to other feedback from cheeseburger lovers - positive or negative.

By the way, the recipe I posted for the burger made with lamb, garlic, red onions and parsley on a toasted, buttered bun should not have been labled an Iranian Burger but an Armenian Burger as the recipe comes from the famous old Rustigan´s Armenian Restaurant in Fresno, California - a town with a large Armenian population. Rustigan´s was big in the 60s and is no longer in business.

What, by the way, is Mickey D´s? Would that be the chain the French call "McDough"?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:34 am

hound dog wrote:Ah, John. The only difference between my recommendations for the hamburgers at Carl´s Jr. and your claim that "Wendy´s in the U.S. is pretty decent" is that you were serious. Wendy´s for God´s sake!. Disgraceful fried, pre-formed greaseburgers. No self-respecting burger fan would eat a fried, pre-formed Wendy´s greasebuger. Burgers must be charbroiled - preferably using soaked hickory wood chips to provide a great smoky flavor.

I was serious about the cheeseburger at Sugar Daddy´s BBQ, however, at least the two I´ve had so far. I not only recommend them but look forward to other feedback from cheeseburger lovers - positive or negative.

By the way, the recipe I posted for the burger made with lamb, garlic, red onions and parsley on a toasted, buttered bun should not have been labled an Iranian Burger but an Armenian Burger as the recipe comes from the famous old Rustigan´s Armenian Restaurant in Fresno, California - a town with a large Armenian population. Rustigan´s was big in the 60s and is no longer in business.

What, by the way, is Mickey D´s? Would that be the chain the French call "McDough"?

So you like BK because they say it's flame broiled? I'll give you that I like BK over McD ANY DAY. But I still think Wendy's meat quality is better. BTW, they're ALL frozen. Carl's Jr. was garbage straight out of the dumpster?

Of course you know that MickeyD's is McDonalds.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:49 am

[i]What, by the way, is Mickey D´s? Would that be the chain the French call "McDough"? [/i

I was interrupted and unable to finish my thoughts in that last post. Back when I first spent time in Paris in the 1960s, , McDonald´s and Burger King were in hot and heavy competition and I always chose Burger King because they charbroiled their burgers and served them on wonderful French-style hamburger buns (much better than the buns one gets here) but in the 70s, McDonald´s won that competition and Burger King completely closed down its operations all over France. Today, McDonald´s is a big success story in France although in a land where "fast food" or, more appropriately, "really slow fast food" would typically consist of a delicious entrecote cut beefsteak with bearnaise or another bistro-style sauce served with french fries, a green salad and house red wine, I figure McDonald´s success in France is kiddie-driven just as it seems to be in the U.S. Whatever they did marketing their burgers, they were, and still are, wildly successful.I haven´t eaten in McDonald´s in years because they fry their burgers on a grill so I can´t comment on the quality of their food.

I repeat that the only great grill fried burgers are those tiny things served up by stocky ladies as Krystal Sliders in God´s Country and White Castle Sliders in the God-forsaken North. They taste even better as an accompaniment to Jack Daniels Black Lable Tenessee Sipping Whisky. Bama-style tapas.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

Clearly you never went to Tally-Ho! drive in during your Panama City Fl. days...heaven on a bun.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next