INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

+22
Carry Bean
Big Daddy Mexico
Zedinmexico
Axixic
Ms.Thang
hound dog
slainte39
Rosa Venus
Viajero-Tiempo
ferret
CheenaGringo
gringal
Smartalex
viajero
E-raq
ComputerGuy
seisdedos
johninajijic
Ms Mac
Uncle Jack
SunsetKid
brigitte
26 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 3 Empty Re: Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

Clearly you never went to Tally-Ho! drive in during your Panama City Fl. days...heaven on a bun.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 3 Empty Re: Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

So, John, all joking aside, when are you going to try that cheeseburger at the Plaza Montaña?

Since you like to cook burgers at home; if you charbroil them there, I suggest you head over to Super Lake and get some hickory chips to soak and place atop the hot charcoal just before placing the burgers on the fire. This is even better if you have a BBQ with a lid as then you can smoke those burgers beautifully. I like my homemade cheeseburgers served up rare and made with beef I have chosen and ground at my favorite butcher as I observe the process. I always make sure they mix some fat in the ground beef so the meat is not dry after cooking. These charbroiled burgers smoked over hickory wood are especially good served with thick slices of beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes at the height of tomato season, lots of onions, mayonnaise and hamburger dills. To each his own.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 am

Ms.Thang wrote:Clearly you never went to Tally-Ho! drive in during your Panama City Fl. days...heaven on a bun.

OMG, a true fellow-traveling Panama City beach bum. I´ll have you know that I not only consumed many a burger on Panama City Beach but was a champion Busch Beer can Pyramid Builder noted for magnificent structures inspiring awe in the competition but, for some reason, never attracting the ladies in the droves I always anticipated. All I can say, Ms. Thang, is that you must have some episodes from Panama City Beach you no longer feel free to discuss openly except for the quality of the burgers. I think of Panama City Beach the way David Crosby described the 60s. You will recall he said, "If you remember the 60s, you weren´t there.".
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:23 am

PCB is my home town. As for the 60's, I was there but I was a child. There are a few incidents from the 70's that I should not discuss in polite company.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:33 pm

hound dog wrote:... the way David Crosby described the 60s. You will recall he said, "If you remember the 60s, you weren´t there.".

Hmmmm - most often attributed to Grace Slick, less often Paul Kantner, and quite often Robin Williams but I've never heard it attributed to David Crosby (though he is qualified to say it).
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 pm

[quote="Axixic"]
hound dog wrote:... the way David Crosby described the 60s. You will recall he said, "If you remember the 60s, you weren´t there.".

Hmmmm - most often attributed to Grace Slick, less often Paul Kantner, and quite often Robin Williams but I've never heard it attributed to David Crosby (though he is qualified to say it). [/quote]

Damnfino. Dawg was not there as best i remember. I think I was in Nairobi eating banana sundaes and smoking strange substances when, for reasons unknown to me now, I became convinced I was in Tuscaloosa looking for Betty Sue Gample in her sorority house room and then I was awake staring at Billy John Amanhson´s shwance , (my roommate at the Nairobi YMCA I had just met) who was from Delhi and I had this uncontrollable urge to kiss him but his beard reminded me of Betty Sue´s nether parts (not such unattractive regions) and I was attracted to that notion and shouted out, "Billy John, I didn´t know you were in Nairobi but thought you had taken the train to Dar es Salaam but don´t stop whatever it is you are doing."
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Yep, same ol' Dawg! Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 3 477249

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:17 pm

God, my eyes are burning

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:God, my eyes are burning

UPCHUCK!! Thumbs down

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:10 pm

I almost forgot to ask, how are the fries?

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Oh please do not ask...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:11 pm

I remember the Sixties. It was all slow and drippy like molasses, but in Technicolor, with weird music and shadowy people walking by my couch, where I lay until the drugs wore off.

I don't know how Hound Dog keeps his sense of humour and dry, witty comments flowing after hanging around this board for so long...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:10 pm

HelperGuy wrote:I remember the Sixties. It was all slow and drippy like molasses, but in Technicolor, with weird music and shadowy people walking by my couch, where I lay until the drugs wore off.

I don't know how Hound Dog keeps his sense of humour and dry, witty comments flowing after hanging around this board for so long...

As was stated somewhere earlier, someplace, he either has a super immune system or has developed a tolerance to the infectious posts.

My personal opinion is that he is on a cheeseburger high and nothing is going to bother him until he comes down.
Hope that dealer, SugarDaddy, don't start cuttin' those burgers. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:56 am

I thought Dawg, Romney, and Obama grew up in Kenya playing Soccer. I
also heard Dawg was the best player.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:41 am

Zedinmexico wrote:I thought Dawg, Romney, and Obama grew up in Kenya playing Soccer. I

Z

Yes, but look at them now....see where cheeseburgers get you. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Here's a cheap way to make your own, and these remind of Harvey Burgers in Ottawa (seriously): WalMart sells four-packs of arrechera-burgers, and they are good (seriously). CostCo sells large packs of 'California' cheese slices, which remind me of the ol' Kraft slices they made when I was a kid; they too are good (seriously). Grille 'em, bun 'em, load 'em up with your fixins. Dee-lish.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 am

HelperGuy wrote:Here's a cheap way to make your own, and these remind of Harvey Burgers in Ottawa (seriously): WalMart sells four-packs of arrechera-burgers, and they are good (seriously). CostCo sells large packs of 'California' cheese slices, which remind me of the ol' Kraft slices they made when I was a kid; they too are good (seriously). Grille 'em, bun 'em, load 'em up with your fixins. Dee-lish.

Gotta try that for sure. Nothing beats a Harvey's Burger, and I grew up on those nutty Kraft food ads. The power of advertising, hey I was just a kid, worked a right treat on me.

Thank you HelperGuy, also thanks from pool guy, who has his new toy, the honkin' big barbeque.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 am

[quote="Zedinmexico"]I thought Dawg, Romney, and Obama grew up in Kenya playing Soccer. I
Z[/quote]

The reason Dawg was so good and whuuped Obama and Romney´s asses is that I had the pleasure of knowing one fabulous West African gentleman from Ivory Coast, now a symphony orchestra conductor in Tours, France, who taught me. quite seriously (kind of), that the reason Africans always whupped up on visiting European soccer contenders is that they controlled the "gris gris" (pronounced "gree gree") who were the spirits who controlled the outcome of the game. Dawg always won against these heathen politicians as I was focused on this spiritual element of the game.

Of course, Dawg already was grounded in this spiritual element of "fusbol" matches as I grew up playing high school football in South Alabama and the team upon which I was playing at the time always knelt and prayed to (in that case), Jesus, to help us to defeat and humiliate our enemy team of that day and sometimes "De Lawd" responded and sometimes he didn´t "De Lawd" works in mysterious ways and so do the "gris gris"..

Last edited by hound dog on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:18 am

Big Daddy would like to send out a special thank you to Sugar Daddy's.

Yesterday, a guy named Jim showed up at Sugar Daddy's looking to buy some Big Daddy's Polish Kielbasa.

Sugar Daddy's took the time to track down our phone number by calling Lakeside Express. They called us and handed the phone to Jim. I gave him our address and he came over. He tried our newest batch of Polish Kielbasa and ended up buying 6 lbs of it for his Monday Night Football game with the 49ers.

Thanks to Sugar Daddy.

flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:34 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:Big Daddy would like to send out a special thank you to Sugar Daddy's.

Yesterday, a guy named Jim showed up at Sugar Daddy's looking to buy some Big Daddy's Polish Kielbasa.

Sugar Daddy's took the time to track down our phone number by calling Lakeside Express. They called us and handed the phone to Jim. I gave him our address and he came over. He tried our newest batch of Polish Kielbasa and ended up buying 6 lbs of it for his Monday Night Football game with the 49ers.
Thanks to Sugar Daddy. flag waver

Dawg was in Sugar Daddy´s yesterday afternoon and tried the foot long Uncle John hotdog with all the goodies and it was one fine hot dog of superior quality with a delicious bun made especially for Sugar Daddy´s by some local bakery. My only complaint, and a mild one it is, is that the weiner (forgive the vulgarity) was skinless and as anyone who has ever eaten a desirable weiner knows, the skin is the thing and a really fine and unique bun adds to the attraction. I keep pushing BD to make a flavoful hot dog weiner. Maybe this Polish thing is the answer.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Dawg, I will let you know when we have our new batch of polish kielbasa sausages made for buns done this week.

Maybe we can get them on the menu at Sugar Daddy's?

Big Daddy
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:08 pm

If you guys have solved the sausage problem, does anyone there make decent Kraut?

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:If you guys have solved the sausage problem, does anyone there make decent Kraut?

uj

I don't know anybody else locally makin decent Kraut.

We make some pretty great Kraut. Our next batch won't be ready till before X-Mas.

Used our first batch for the Octoberfest Party at LCS.

Can't wait for some more also.

Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:If you guys have solved the sausage problem, does anyone there make decent Kraut?

uj

Thanks Uncle Jack. I am very very fond of weisswurst and kraut.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:43 pm

With all the foodies down there and the abundance of good fresh cabbage, I woud think someone could do well making kraut and kim chee.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:03 pm

[quote="Uncle Jack"]With all the foodies down there and the abundance of good fresh cabbage, I woud think someone could do well making kraut and kim chee.
uj[/quote]

Well, UJ, Dawg makes Kim Chi at my house in Ajijic using some ingredients I buy at a Korean grocer in Guadalajara and my Kim Chi is far more redolent of garlic and far more imposing and rotten than anything you can buy in that town much less laughable, suburban, whitebread Lakeside. May these honkies drown in their insipid twice-boiled, flavorless potatoes and pan-fried pork chops. If they did autopsies on these white folks after even 70 years of banana-like life on the planet, they would find underutilized intestinal tracts.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next