INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

+23
MexicoPete
brigitte
Carry Bean
kipissippi
Chapalagringa
viajero
gringal
Jim W
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
hound dog
juanrey
Rosa Venus
slainte39
TexMex
CheenaGringo
joec
bennie#2
simpsca
Lake Chapala Crime
ComputerGuy
E-raq
David
27 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 5 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 am

I thank God that, when we decided to move here from San Francisco in the spring of 2001, we vowed, after I made the huge mistake of agreeing to become the president of a condomium association governing a Russian Hill high rise in that town, to never ever buy a property in a condominimum or governed fraccionamiento again no matter where I lived after that. So, when we came here to Lakeside, we bought in an area of single family dwellings where people mind their own damn business but informally watch out for each other (more or less). Back in about 2003, some neighbors of ours tried to form a street association on our dead-end street and as the late Charlton Heston said, we responded, " (We´ll agree to that by signing over our rights) ...(with) our cold, dead hands."

The best security is that we have in San Cristóbal de Las Casas where all the cops are crooked and we are surrounded by Mexicans who take their property rights very seriously. There, our Mexican neighbors watch out for each other and God help the ladron who tries to burglarize any house in our barrio there. Everybody comes onto the street and by the time they finish with any creeps coming into our barrio to rob or assault people , it´s the ladrones begging for the cops to rescue their asses from the local mob and take them to the safety of the slammer.

All these crooked traffic cops here at Lakeside get away with ripping off the public but when we bought in the El Cerrillo Barrio in San Cristóbal in 2006, the barrio president came to us and made sure we understood that no municipal cops came into El Cerrillo and messed around with the locals without permission from the barrio governing council. Period! I like that.

Can you imagine the busybodies who try to run your life in places like "The Finest Subdivision In The Americas" where John lives? I would have to put in a moat around my house not to keep out the burglars but the homeowner´s association but (gasp!) that would certainly be forbidden without approval by a bunch of busybody snots.

It´s true I grew up in Alabama but I´m a Northern Californian by choice and in Northern California we are free spirits. Don´t be telling us what to do and if you come our homes uninvited you will leave with an extra hole in your butt.

Last edited by hound dog on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 5 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by bennie#2 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:39 am

looks like the RC has gotton better. dogs are a necessity etc. looks like joec lives in the only safe place.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

hound dog wrote:I thank God that, when we decided to move here from San Francisco in the spring of 2001, we vowed, after I made the huge mistake of agreeing to become the president of a condomium association governing a Russian Hill high rise in that town, to never ever buy a property in a condominimum or governed fraccionamiento again no matter where I lived after that. So, when we came here to Lakeside, we bought in an area of single family dwellings where people mind their own damn business but informally watch out for each other (more or less). Back in about 2003, some neighbors of ours tried to form a street association on our dead-end street and as the late Charlton Heston said, we responded, " (We´ll agree to that by signing over our rights) ...(with) our cold, dead hands."

The best security is that we have in San Cristóbal de Las Casas where all the cops are crooked and we are surrounded by Mexicans who take their property rights very seriously. There, our Mexican neighbors watch out for each other and God help the ladron who tries to burglarize any house in our barrio there. Everybody comes onto the street and by the time they finish with any creeps coming into our barrio to rob or assault people , it´s the ladrones begging for the cops to rescue their asses from the local mob and take them to the safety of the slammer.

All these crooked traffic cops here at Lakeside get away with ripping off the public but when we bought in the El Cerrillo Barrio in San Cristóbal in 2006, the barrio president came to us and made sure we understood that no municipal cops came into El Cerrillo and messed around with the locals without permission from the barrio governing council. Period! I like that.

Can you imagine the busybodies who try to run your life in places like "The Finest Subdivision In The Americas" where John lives? I would have to put in a moat around my house not to kep out the burglars but the homeowner´s associiation but (gasp!) that woud certainly be forbidden without approval by a bunch of snots.

It´s true I grew up in Alabama but I´m a Northern Californian by choice and in Northern California we are free spirits. Don´t be telling us what to do and if you break come our homes uninvited you will leave with an extra hole in your butt.

Well put Dawg, it is, for some of us the cross we have to bear. Some days we wish that The angel of death would come for us now. Others are not quite so bad.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:52 am

hound dog quote - "Can you imagine the busybodies who try to run your life in places like "The Finest Subdivision In The Americas" where John lives? I would have to put in a moat around my house not to keep out the burglars but the homeowner´s association but (gasp!) that would certainly be forbidden without approval by a bunch of busybody snots."

You are truly a piece of work who knows NOTHING about our Community. You assume too much and make an ASS of yourself, based on your ONE experience with those San Francisco SNOTS on Russian Hill whom I would NEVER equate to anyone here, let alone associate with.

There is NO ONE in this neighborhood who is a SNOT or who thinks he's better than anyone else and that goes for the upper middle class, the wealthy and the multi millionaires who live here who could buy everything you own, spit you out and still have a huge wealthy retirement. Get a life and MYOB.

Let's base what Condominums and Communities are REALLY all about from my THREE experiences, NOT from your one. None of them had SNOTS living there and NO ONE was overbearing.

hound dog quote - "It´s true I grew up in Alabama but I´m a Northern Californian by choice and in Northern California we are free spirits. Don´t be telling us what to do and if you come our homes uninvited you will leave with an extra hole in your butt."

Oh you grew up in that trashy state of Alabama, that partly explains why you are like you are. Don't worry about any of us coming invited or uninvited, who would want to put up with a jerk like you? Not me or us on this forum. And when you come to our house uninvited, you will always be welcomed, except for hound dog.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks john, I see this is now headed to the Octagon as usual.

Hellllooooo mods, remedial action needed.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm

E-raq wrote:Thanks john, I see this is now headed to the Octagon as usual.

Whatever or wherever it ends up, as I'm sure you don't like being insulted as I do not like being insulted by lies and falsehoods from someone who knows nothing about condominium living from his one experience. Russian Hill San Franciscans are snots by the fact that they have money.

Last edited by joec on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 pm

joec wrote:hound dog quote - "Can you imagine the busybodies who try to run your life in places like "The Finest Subdivision In The Americas" where John lives? I would have to put in a moat around my house not to keep out the burglars but the homeowner´s association but (gasp!) that would certainly be forbidden without approval by a bunch of busybody snots."

You are truly a piece of work who knows NOTHING about our Community. You assume too much and make an ASS of yourself, based on your ONE experience with those San Francisco SNOTS on Russian Hill whom I would NEVER equate to anyone here, let alone associate with.

There is NO ONE in this neighborhood who is a SNOT or who thinks he's better than anyone else and that goes for the upper middle class, the wealthy and the multi millionaires who live here who could buy everything you own, spit you out and still have a huge wealthy retirement. Get a life and MYOB.

Let's base what Condominums and Communities are REALLY all about from my THREE experiences, NOT from your one. None of them had SNOTS living there and NO ONE was overbearing.

hound dog quote - "It´s true I grew up in Alabama but I´m a Northern Californian by choice and in Northern California we are free spirits. Don´t be telling us what to do and if you come our homes uninvited you will leave with an extra hole in your butt."

Oh you grew up in that trashy state of Alabama, that partly explains why you are like you are. Don't worry about any of us coming invited or uninvited, who would want to put up with a jerk like you? Not me or us on this forum. And when you come to our house uninvited, you will always be welcomed, except for hound dog.

Take your pills, John.

Dawg was born and raised in a beautiful South Alabama town filled with mansions, magnificent trees and lawns bigger than that whole two-bit community you live in today joec, not a miserable lower middle class industrial exurb of Boston filled to the brim with rednecks unable to afford Boston who think they have arrived in paradise after retiring to one of the few places in North America they could afford. When, by the way, may we expect your departure for North Carolina and shall we take up a collection for one way tickets for you and your partner? Perhaps your entire "dinner group" who will love the fried chicken, boiled turnips, cheese grits and corn pone up there.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Anytime you want to compare your South Alabama town to Boston as far as a beautiful city, upper middle class wealthy Bostonians, or Massachusetts in general let me know. They will bury you town and it craphole mansions. Try comparing your lack of wealthy towns to the upper middle class wealthy towns in mass or do you not simply know where the wealth is. Try Beacon Hill for starters and we'll move outward from there.

Median Household Income
Massachusetts - $ 62,859.

Alabama - $ 41,415

Just a couple of bucks difference. LOL

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 pm

E-raq writes:
Well put Dawg, it is, for some of us the cross we have to bear. Some days we wish that The angel of death would come for us now. Others are not quite so bad. [/quote]

Now, now, e-Raq; as you very well know, we´ve had the pleasure of having been invited into your home in the RC for dinner - a most pleasant occasion. Your view there is splendid so, perhaps under the circumstances, putting up with neighborhood management is worth it.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:53 pm

hound dog wrote:E-raq writes:
Well put Dawg, it is, for some of us the cross we have to bear. Some days we wish that The angel of death would come for us now. Others are not quite so bad.

Now, now, e-Raq; as you very well know, we´ve had the pleasure of having been invited into your home in the RC for dinner - a most pleasant occasion. Your view there is splendid so, perhaps under the circumstances, putting up with neighborhood management is worth it.[/quote]

Nice apology after you crapped on her earlier.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 pm

John, what kind of intercom does your coto have? How many homes are in your development? There is no history, ever of a break in there? The rest of us could learn what is working for you there and if there is anything we could implement it would be helpful. Thanks

Raq, Guard dogs, yes, trained or untrained are many times left caged up during the day and able to roam the property at night. Have these homes with trained dogs ever had a problem with break ins or pepper/bug spray or one of the dogs being shot to death or poisoned? I'd love to take a drive up there one of these afternoons, take a look around at what it's like up there, what deterrents are in place, wave hey...send me a pm if that'd ever be possible. I've wondered when eating at chac lan's on occasion, which place may be yours :) Nice people live in the RC and we know several up there with homes both full/part time.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:John, what kind of intercom does your coto have? How many homes are in your development? There is no history, ever of a break in there? The rest of us could learn what is working for you there and if there is anything we could implement it would be helpful. Thanks

Raq, Guard dogs, yes, trained or untrained are many times left caged up during the day and able to roam the property at night. Have these homes with trained dogs ever had a problem with break ins or pepper/bug spray or one of the dogs being shot to death or poisoned? I'd love to take a drive up there one of these afternoons, take a look around at what it's like up there, what deterrents are in place, wave hey...send me a pm if that'd ever be possible. I've wondered when eating at chac lan's on occasion, which place may be yours :) Nice people live in the RC and we know several up there with homes both full/part time.

There are only 19 homes here. We have an intercom with names and house numbers. You scroll down to the name and press the call button to identify yourself. Our house phone rings and you let them in either by driveway gate or pedestrian gate. SOSE installed it for us. I believe the cost was aroud 6 K - 7 K USD.

We have razor wire (concertina wire) on our south perimeter walls exposed to farmers fields. Owners have alarms, a couple with video cameras and rods behind sliding doors. No one has bars except sliding gates on bedroom doors to keep windows open in summer.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:11 pm

John, that's awesome! I noticed only a couple of homes for sale there while looking to see how big the area is. Hope buyers will feel comfortable purchasing there as I think it's lovely. It's a wonderful feeling to feel secure in your own home. Love the SOSE system. If other areas are secured enough to have such a system, it'd be worth it! It'd sure save the headache of guards/pay and worrying about their safety etc and being it's all automatic makes it even more difficult to get in to. That's a definite plus plus plus living in a coto (small gated community.)

I've always wondered about the first coto on the lakeside, off the libramiento before the upper Chula Vista entrance. I don't even know what the community is called and never have heard a thing about it. It seems very difficult to get into, can't see a thing from the highway.

On a personal note, for homeowners that don't have the option or means to live in a coto, we installed an intercom/camera/buzzer at the front gate. At least you can see who's at the door and if you want to say something, you don't have to leave your home to so. Eyeballs & ears outside the gate without being outside, it's very helpful.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:15 pm

joec wrote:Anytime you want to compare your South Alabama town to Boston as far as a beautiful city, upper middle class wealthy Bostonians, or Massachusetts in general let me know. They will bury you town and it craphole mansions. Try comparing your lack of wealthy towns to the upper middle class wealthy towns in mass or do you not simply know where the wealth is. Try Beacon Hill for starters and we'll move outward from there.

Median Household Income
Massachusetts - $ 62,859.

Alabama - $ 41,415

Just a couple of bucks difference. LOL

This is so sad and pathetic. Unworthy of response. I, for one, hope that John´s seriously overpriced suburban ticky-tacky house in "The Finest Two Bit Subdivision in North America" sells to some moron from Beacon Hill soon so he can leave here as quickly as possible and move to Hooterville, North Carolina. Say hello to Andy and Barney when you get there, fuzzbucket.

By the way, Boston is a lot of things but that brick sh*thole, to which Dawg has returned many times reluctantly could not be described even remotely as "beautiful". Grow up, John.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Now why do you suppose this hasn't ended up in the Octagon?....as yet. They're not listening to you?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Now why do you suppose this hasn't ended up in the Octagon?....as yet. They're not listening to you?

Guess not, oh well if this trash stays in the mirador, it's not a good advertisement. Just mentioning the obvious.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Methinks we have a case of HPS (House Proud Syndrome) running amok here.
Also a case of WES (Wealth Envy Syndrome). Geez.

Poor mods: they turn their backs and the Octagon makes a dash for the Mirador, captures the flag and WHEE!
Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 5 87465

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:19 pm

chapalagringa quote - On a personal note, for homeowners that don't have the option or means to live in a coto, we installed an intercom/camera/buzzer at the front gate. At least you can see who's at the door and if you want to say something, you don't have to leave your home to so. Eyeballs & ears outside the gate without being outside, it's very helpful.

A camera intercom system is good. We have a couple of those here plus a couple without the camera, just the intercom.

Last edited by joec on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Pkus.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 pm

ONLY problem here is hound dogs TRASHY posts putting people and their neighborhoods dow, along with calling people SNOTS and snobs, yet he himself cannot see his own faults.

He's even got the balls to trash Boston which is a much loved city and is compared to San Francisco for it's charm by any traveller. He even critcizes Beacon Hill where ALL the resident's could buy him 5 times over and still be wealthy. Hey, dawg, wanna compare yourself to John Kerry?

Ok, enough is enough, no more baiting by hound dog for his amusement.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 pm

David wrote:Pkus.

Where did you see that? Is that an abbreviation for something?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Read your own posts John. You used the term.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Russian Hill San Franciscans are snots by the fact that they have money.
(Joec) in this very thread.

Pot? Kettle? Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:49 pm

John; using either of your facebook accounts enter

Khan Pkus or go to

www.facebook.com/khan.pkus

You will see that you two have a lot in common.

Also check out his father Latifu Pkus

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:51 pm

boston is a beautiful city. back bay, beacon hill, brookline, chestnut hill, n. end. there is no comparison between the deep south & boston. dont forget harvard, wellsley, BU, fine arts musuem, gardner, fine hotels/resturants. also a blue state. in boston few people have crime conversations unless you border roxburry, or dorchestor. chapala is not boston. wasnt this topic about guard dogs & breakins?

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

wasnt this topic about guard dogs & breakins?

You jest, Bennie#2. It's about who has the biggest ego, so right now it's morphed into Gracious Old Southern Charm vs. upscale Boston, with a few San Francisco snots thrown into the mix. The dogs of war have been loosed.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next