INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

+23
MexicoPete
brigitte
Carry Bean
kipissippi
Chapalagringa
viajero
gringal
Jim W
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
hound dog
juanrey
Rosa Venus
slainte39
TexMex
CheenaGringo
joec
bennie#2
simpsca
Lake Chapala Crime
ComputerGuy
E-raq
David
27 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 4 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm not CB but I saw some sports guns in Sears in the athletic department...I thought about it too. At least it'd be a good welt...maybe.

regarding wasp spray, want me to ask my neighbor with the 2-4 rotties what he thinks about wasp spray? Rolling Eyes How long is that suppose to work? They still have noses, legs and teeth! Have fun tearing your pants climbing over our wall and once you get in, how are you getting out? It'd be a challenge. Easier to go to someone else's house that doesn't have so many deterrents.

Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 4 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by joec Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

gringal wrote:Both Las Salvias (the area above Roberto's) and La Floresta have been hit lately.

I wonder how guard dogs would react to 20' range wasp spray? Just sayin'.

So. a couple of robberies means nothing and I believe it was ONE was in Las Salvias as our Community received an email from the homeowner whom some of us know.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 pm

I know two people personally who were robbed in Las Salvias; one twice, and they spoke of other neighbors who had been robbed.
Just for the record.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:01 pm

joec youve been singing the same time for years, all your posts are alike. you mentioned some places on your list which are very dangerous & DO need dogs. one of them is where my mother had a house for 30 years. why dont you come here & tell us about it. tell our neigbors, they need education. dogs are a great idea for developements & fracs. i stand by that, & sometimes armed guards. (ps joec there were 44 breakins in chula vista in a 2 month period).

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Is there a development that has guard dogs in la ribera? I've never seen them but it is an easy solution if the gringos would educate themselves about them. The swankiest area in Guadalajara has them, why not la ribera de Chapala? It's not a bad thing, it's a solution.

How many homes are in Arroyo's Sur? I always thought it to be quite small. The larger developments with big lots the folks are on their own. Be honest, they are. I haven't found any benefit to being in a fracc regarding safety and didn't move here for it, nor expect them to take on that responsibility for me. Each home owner must secure things for themselves, it's not the responsibility of those who maintain the water and street lights in my opinion. There's too many ways to get in and out. If it's real bad, time to hire a private security company that will patrol an area and hope to God they're honest.

Here's another solution. Each street has a homeowner who is willing to have cameras installed to cover their street. One or more homeowner or all homeowners are better. Certainly couldn't hurt. Neighbor's need to communicate with each other. Group together your neighbor's in a neighborhood watch email group to be able to communicate rapidly. See someone or something, send your email group an email and ask questions. People need to communicate with their neighbors. Share ideas and concerns between your neighbors. Look closely at homes having problems and those who don't and step up to make your home more secure if it needs help. It's a solution, not an inconvenience. I'd much rather live in peace feeling safe than wondering when my house may be next because I'm not doing anything to protect myself. And don't listen to the nay sayers who will try and make you feel hopeless, saying that no matter what you do, they'll get in if they want to. True to some extent. If your neighbor's home is easier to get into, they're going there.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 pm

John as usual you are misinformed. I know of no fracc. which has guard dogs. Many families here do have them, a personal decision. We also have a family dog who has taken to the job with some relish. He is not trained, but is excellent at tracking prints and notifying us.

Today, based on info from TOB, who BTW has done a better job of covering this for a change. I reported the license number make and color of car, plus some other identifying details to our office and the guard shack.

Our cameras at the gate are up and running 24/7.

They have been instructed to call the police immediately if this vehicle is identified.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 pm

I know there was a German Shepherd always at the gate at El Parque & I believe when they do the night patrols there the dog goes with them. I don't know how he's trained.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm

thats the way to go. ofcause the dig could be shot. but he could alert people, & also attack by surprise.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

bennie#2:

Are you posting while drinking?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 pm

bennie#2 wrote:thats the way to go. ofcause the dig could be shot. but he could alert people, & also attack by surprise.
Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 4 477249

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 pm

John, Las Salvias is not gated and MANY of the homes here have guard dogs. Stick to your own neighborhood when making statements.

Yes, dogs are succeptable to wasp or pepper spray.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:46 am

Las Salvias is not a fraccionamiento or condo regimen. Just the name of an area of Ajijic.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 am

E-raq wrote:John as usual you are misinformed. I know of no fracc. which has guard dogs. Many families here do have them, a personal decision. We also have a family dog who has taken to the job with some relish. He is not trained, but is excellent at tracking prints and notifying us.

Today, based on info from TOB, who BTW has done a better job of covering this for a change. I reported the license number make and color of car, plus some other identifying details to our office and the guard shack.

They have been instructed to call the police immediately if this vehicle is identified.

E Raq - As usual you are incorrect in your statement. Please reread my post. I NEVER said any Fraccs had dogs. I stated the ones that didn't have dogs and didn't need dogs and areas that have few, if any break ins.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 am

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:John as usual you are misinformed. I know of no fracc. which has guard dogs. Many families here do have them, a personal decision. We also have a family dog who has taken to the job with some relish. He is not trained, but is excellent at tracking prints and notifying us.

E Raq - As usual you are incorrect in your statement. Please reread my post. I NEVER said any Fraccs had dogs. I stated the ones that didn't have dogs and didn't need dogs and areas that have few, if any break ins.

John, does anyone is LAS have personal guard dogs (trained) or do they just have dogs in general for warning of possible intrusions?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:03 am

joec wrote:
gringal wrote:Both Las Salvias (the area above Roberto's) and La Floresta have been hit lately.

I wonder how guard dogs would react to 20' range wasp spray? Just sayin'.

So. a couple of robberies means nothing and I believe it was ONE was in Las Salvias as our Community received an email from the homeowner whom some of us know.

Since Thanksgiving there have been at least burglaries 6 in Las Salvias. You sound like Faux News, you know nothing.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 am

John likes to deny any problems so he feels more secure in his enclave. Really it does not make much difference if it is one or 6 if you are the one who is affected. One is enough.
Unfortunately it sounds like this man is hitting the areas in the hills and will continue until he is arrested or move on to another area.
Everyone needs to be on the look out, in the hills or below and report any sighting of that man or car to the police imediately.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 am

David wrote:John, Las Salvias is not gated and MANY of the homes here have guard dogs. Stick to your own neighborhood when making statements.

Yes, dogs are succeptable to wasp or pepper spray.

Reread my post. I never said any of the Communities I listed are gated, but some are gated condo communities and some are Fraccs.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:23 am

slainte39 wrote:
joec wrote:

John, does anyone is LAS have personal guard dogs (trained) or do they just have dogs in general for warning of possible intrusions?

We don't need guard dogs or extreme measures. There are 5 owners here who have dogs as pets.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:29 am

brigitte wrote:John likes to deny any problems so he feels more secure in his enclave. Really it does not make much difference if it is one or 6 if you are the one who is affected. One is enough.
Unfortunately it sounds like this man is hitting the areas in the hills and will continue until he is arrested or move on to another area.
Everyone needs to be on the look out, in the hills or below and report any sighting of that man or car to the police imediately.

I don't have to deny anything to feel more secure. We ARE more secure. Maybe where you live is not.

Gated Communities ARE more secure than Fraccs. I can drive in/out of any Fracc or ordinary community any time of the day, ie: All of Riberas, Mirasol, La Floresta, Las Salvias, Rancho del Oro, Villa Nova, etc, etc.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:49 am

John:

When did they remove the gate and guard shack at Mirasol?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:05 am

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

When did they remove the gate and guard shack at Mirasol?

There hasn't been a guard at Mirasol (to my knowledge) since I've been here (18 mos)
Although I did hear that they installed a whole bunch of cameras.

But, I could be wrong.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 am

Please note that when I posted my list that I was talking about developments, including gated communities and Fraccs. Developments and Fracc's without security measures are wide open to anyone.

Most of the gated communities have intercoms, electronic gates and either 12 hour or 24 hour guards. Those are:
Mision Chula Vista - Chula Vista Norte - Las Terrazas - Cielo Lindo - El Dorado - Riviera Alta - Los Olivos
Mision del Lago - Lomas del Lago - Villas del Tepalo - Lomas de Ajijic - Rio Orinoco - Los Arroyos
Los Arroyos Sur - Las Quintas - Los Sabinos - Arroyo Alto - La Reserva

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 am

The guard shack is there as well as the gate at Mirasol but the last few times I was there - no guard.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:43 am

Maybe they cut the guard when they closed the lower exit? I do rememeber that when it was still available, they had the shack manned.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 am

R.C. has cameras at both gates plus guards 24/7, on patrol and in the guard shacks. Many families have trained guard dogs. There are 4 around us. Highly trained and ready to attack. Two are locked up during the day, since they are trained to kill I believe. We are on particularly good terms with these neighbors.

As I may have stated, the office here as well as the guard shacks have been given the make, color and license plate number (Jalisco) of the vehicle seen in Ajijic by eyewitnesses. They have been instructed to call the police, immediately if he tries to enter.

Jeep, new, color silver, license plate number, JNG 7774. Report this to your gated community, or if not gated, perhaps a neighborhood watch and wanted signs prominently displayed in English and Spanish.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 am

I thank God that, when we decided to move here from San Francisco in the spring of 2001, we vowed, after I made the huge mistake of agreeing to become the president of a condomium association governing a Russian Hill high rise in that town, to never ever buy a property in a condominimum or governed fraccionamiento again no matter where I lived after that. So, when we came here to Lakeside, we bought in an area of single family dwellings where people mind their own damn business but informally watch out for each other (more or less). Back in about 2003, some neighbors of ours tried to form a street association on our dead-end street and as the late Charlton Heston said, we responded, " (We´ll agree to that by signing over our rights) ...(with) our cold, dead hands."

The best security is that we have in San Cristóbal de Las Casas where all the cops are crooked and we are surrounded by Mexicans who take their property rights very seriously. There, our Mexican neighbors watch out for each other and God help the ladron who tries to burglarize any house in our barrio there. Everybody comes onto the street and by the time they finish with any creeps coming into our barrio to rob or assault people , it´s the ladrones begging for the cops to rescue their asses from the local mob and take them to the safety of the slammer.

All these crooked traffic cops here at Lakeside get away with ripping off the public but when we bought in the El Cerrillo Barrio in San Cristóbal in 2006, the barrio president came to us and made sure we understood that no municipal cops came into El Cerrillo and messed around with the locals without permission from the barrio governing council. Period! I like that.

Can you imagine the busybodies who try to run your life in places like "The Finest Subdivision In The Americas" where John lives? I would have to put in a moat around my house not to keep out the burglars but the homeowner´s association but (gasp!) that would certainly be forbidden without approval by a bunch of busybody snots.

It´s true I grew up in Alabama but I´m a Northern Californian by choice and in Northern California we are free spirits. Don´t be telling us what to do and if you come our homes uninvited you will leave with an extra hole in your butt.

Last edited by hound dog on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next