INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

+23
MexicoPete
brigitte
Carry Bean
kipissippi
Chapalagringa
viajero
gringal
Jim W
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
hound dog
juanrey
Rosa Venus
slainte39
TexMex
CheenaGringo
joec
bennie#2
simpsca
Lake Chapala Crime
ComputerGuy
E-raq
David
27 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 8 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by E-raq Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:20 am

David wrote:Would that be "bollocks" or "bollix?" Two different terms.

One and the same David. This is however the Mirador where one must be creative in their cursing.

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 8 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by hound dog Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 am

kipissippi wrote:Hey wait a minute! Mississippi isn't ALWAYS! last! I'll have you know that we're first in number of fat people and unwed mothers!

Kippissippi, you underestimate Mississippi. Mississippi is also first in being close to hedonistic New Orleans. It may also be first in the number of sanctimonious Southern Baptists who like to take the train over to New Orleans and act contrarily to all of their (or as John would say, "there") Sunday morning and Thursday night preachments. Misissippi is (or was when Dawg lived in Alabama in the 40s through the early 70s) first in exquisite hypocrisy in that it is (or was) a "dry" state where one can (could) find drive-up liquor stores all over the place and everybody was always looped. It is true that, back in the days I lived in Alabama, we were fond of saying "Thank God For Mississippi" which political subdivision kept us from bringing up the rear in a number of social and economic categories . Now, however, we can also say "Thank God For Massachusetts" which spawned Joec, the George Wallace of the 21st Century.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 am

E-raq wrote:

One and the same David. This is however the Mirador where one must be creative in their cursing.

My understand is that "bollix" is a verb meaning to mess something up, and "bollocks" is a noun meaning cojones.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 am

joec wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
Southbound wrote:thank god there isn't a hooters coming to Ajijic. Although, I would love to read the restaurant reviews --always entertaining-- and of course whether the restaurant made 'John's list of preferred eating joints'.

THERE...THEIR...THEY'RE HERE!!! Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 8 374777 ...well at least in Guadalajara.

And in Puerto Vallarta too.

To appeal to Ajijicians the gals at Hooters would have to have droopy hooters flopping about and descending to at least knee level. Hooters in Puerto Vallarta has pretty good cheeseburgers.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 am

That wouldn't be appealing to this Ajijician............jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:40 am

David wrote:
E-raq wrote:

My understand is that "bollix" is a verb meaning to mess something up, and "bollocks" is a noun meaning cojones.

According to my British husband you are correct, however in this case I believe it was used as a noun, which is exactly as you describe.

I could be wrong about the noun bit in this particular case, really not enough caffeine in my system yet, and possibly also not quite enough nicotine either. I will check and give the final definitive answer. The big guy had 2 Irish grannies.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:43 am

Nope, it was used as an adjective. So in fact did mean screwed up. A bollixed wanker is self explanatory is it not?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Claro!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Como se dice"bollixed wanker" en español?

Last edited by viajero on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:26 pm

David wrote:
E-raq wrote:

Don't know where you got that idea but to put the record straight.

Bollocks----English English
Bollix-------Hiberno English

As E-raq says "one and the same"....just depends on which side of the Irish Sea you are on.
Now as to the meaning that can be a lot of things, mostly bad or insulting. Anatomically, you are right with your last definition. Never heard of it as milding messing something up. I think the word I would use there would be, "banjaxed".

E-raq, check me if I'm wrong, but I think cursing and vulgarities are only banned on the Mirador if they are American and Canadian English or Spanish. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell John... "Pog ma thoin"...here.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

viajero wrote:Como se dice"bollixed wanker" en Español?

Pendejo chingado...mas o menos

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 pm

It amazes me that all of the experts in the English Language, cannot understand the subject of this "post"...

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:41 pm

E-raq wrote:Nope, it was used as an adjective. So in fact did mean screwed up. A bollixed wanker is self explanatory is it not?

Yeah...It can be an adjective, or a verb, or a noun, depending on how much Guinness or Jameson's or Paddy's or Bushmill's you've got in you. It can also be a friendly term amongst very, very close friends.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 pm

sundown wrote:It amazes me that all of the experts in the English Language, cannot understand the subject of this "post"...

POG MA THOIN

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:17 pm

slainte39 wrote:
E-raq wrote:Nope, it was used as an adjective. So in fact did mean screwed up. A bollixed wanker is self explanatory is it not?

Yeah...It can be an adjective, or a verb, or a noun, depending on how much Guinness or Jameson's or Paddy's or Bushmill's you've got in you. It can also be a friendly term amongst very, very close friends.

Indeed, shall we move smartly along to sheep shagging just to confuse them further. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:37 pm

[/quote] Indeed, shall we move smartly along to sheep shagging just to confuse them further. Very Happy [/quote]

That's Hooters & Wellies in Ireland.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Southbound Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:09 pm

CHILLIN wrote:OF course Hooters is an equal opportunity employer today - as Tom Mabe found out Beer

Hilarious. That would mostly work in Ajijic!

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Sheep Shagging may be preferred over Hooters by some farm boys !

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:30 pm

sundown wrote:Sheep Shagging may be preferred over Hooters by some farm boys !

In rural Britain a chain of clubs called "Wellies" was created for locals to show off their sheep, unfortunately, at the same time, someone started a chain of gay clubs called "Willies" - that caused some embarrassing mixups for all, I can tell you. Shocked
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Are you speaking from personal experience?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Only in Kentucky....I hear.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:32 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Only in Kentucky....I hear.

Ya gotta look for the sheep herders with black rubber boots, nearly knee hi! cheers
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8