INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

+23
MexicoPete
brigitte
Carry Bean
kipissippi
Chapalagringa
viajero
gringal
Jim W
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
hound dog
juanrey
Rosa Venus
slainte39
TexMex
CheenaGringo
joec
bennie#2
simpsca
Lake Chapala Crime
ComputerGuy
E-raq
David
27 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 6 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by gringal Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

wasnt this topic about guard dogs & breakins?

You jest, Bennie#2. It's about who has the biggest ego, so right now it's morphed into Gracious Old Southern Charm vs. upscale Boston, with a few San Francisco snots thrown into the mix. The dogs of war have been loosed.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro - Page 6 Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by David Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Bennie the topic of the post is shown in the title. IMHO, Boston and San Francisco are both fine cities that have nothing to do with the topic.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:04 pm

this is why people go to chapalawebboard for information. when there are robberies, or serious issues its TOB or mexconnect.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Some people do.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:17 pm

This thread has been highly entertaining. Gringal wants it moved to the WartBlosson Section but I don´t know why. It has been a fun ride. I will actually miss John.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Angel of death, puhleeze come now, I'm waiting.

Or Happy hour whichever comes first.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:23 pm

It's "After 5!" Count me in!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 pm

David wrote:It's "After 5!" Count me in!

In our house it is 6 on the dot, however since my better half is dozing off, think I'll just go ahead and pour one for myself anyway. After all it is Friday. Matter of fact I'll have some tanqueray and tonic. That cheap London Dry isn't worth a pinch.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 pm

If the "good die young", clearly this will reach it's century mark.

Long past the "wartblossom" stage, and not what you'd want the non member peasants watching.
Dead Horse

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Just so everyone knows, A direct shot to the eyes with hornet spray, can cause permanent blindness! Far more serious than pepper spray!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 pm

bennie#2 wrote:boston is a beautiful city. back bay, beacon hill, brookline, chestnut hill, n. end. there is no comparison between the deep south & boston. dont forget harvard, wellsley, BU, fine arts musuem, gardner, fine hotels/resturants. also a blue state. in boston few people have crime conversations unless you border roxburry, or dorchestor. chapala is not boston. wasnt this topic about guard dogs & breakins?

Boston was and is bricks and hard assed cold and rough accents among immigrant factory workers subsisting on potatoes who thought they would be the center of commerce in the New America once the revolution was over only to lose out to New York - an equally ugly place but with giant balls. Mobile was and is magnificent shaded city dating back 300 plus years under several European colonial powers and the original capital of French Louisiana choc-a-bloc with ancient clapboard mansions dispersed among Spanish Moss laden live oaks lining beautiful boulevards and defined by a fabulous huge bay, splendid undisturbed rivers and swamplands, countless bayous and a beautiful warm crystal aquamarine sea. If one must inhabit the territory now defined as the United States, who, in God´s name would choose miserable, concrete and red brick Boston over sultry, leafy Mobile?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:21 am

Awesome thread. So, who hijacked it first ? - John or Dawg - I think it was John, as usual. Are either of them capable of taking a deep breath ? I think Dawg would win that one. Ultimately, he doesn't give a shit, and loves to wind up John. Meantime, John has got to get out of his property, but he's in constant denial of its actual worth in the actual market. Bad luck. He lives on expecting some sucker to cough up the cash for his over priced property. So be it. A very merry Christmas to all.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:50 am

hound dog wrote:
bennie#2 wrote:boston is a beautiful city. back bay, beacon hill, brookline, chestnut hill, n. end. there is no comparison between the deep south & boston. dont forget harvard, wellsley, BU, fine arts musuem, gardner, fine hotels/resturants. also a blue state. in boston few people have crime conversations unless you border roxburry, or dorchestor. chapala is not boston. wasnt this topic about guard dogs & breakins?

Boston was and is bricks and hard assed cold and rough accents among immigrant factory workers subsisting on potatoes who thought they would be the center of commerce in the New America once the revolution was over only to lose out to New York - an equally ugly place but with giant balls. Mobile was and is magnificent shaded city dating back 300 plus years under several European colonial powers and the original capital of French Louisiana choc-a-bloc with ancient clapboard mansions dispersed among Spanish Moss laden live oaks lining beautiful boulevards and defined by a fabulous huge bay, splendid undisturbed rivers and swamplands, countless bayous and a beautiful warm crystal aquamarine sea. If one must inhabit the territory now defined as the United States, who, in God´s name would choose miserable, concrete and red brick Boston over sultry, leafy Mobile?

Dawg after my experience in the south with all the local bible bashers I would take Boston culturally over any city in the south and yes that includes
Atlanta. Only in the south would they tell a nice innocent four year old kid that he is going to hell cause he aint there religion. No thanks once was
enough. If its so nice Dawg how come you live anywhere but there??
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:31 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
hound dog wrote:

Dawg after my experience in the south with all the local bible bashers I would take Boston culturally over any city in the south and yes that includes
Atlanta. Only in the south would they tell a nice innocent four year old kid that he is going to hell cause he aint there religion. No thanks once was
Z

Now, Zed; as soon as Dawg reached the age of freedom (after graduation from university at age 22), I was on my way from Tuscaloosa to Santa Monica and ended up resident there only to find the L.A. Basin too retrograde so on to San Francisco for some 30 years. I was comparing the astounding beauty of Mobile´s residential areas with the hard, cold brick residential areas of Boston. I actually only lived in Mobile for a couple of years back in the 70s. When it came time to retire, we considered the Alabama coast but chose Mexico instead and, after 12 years down here with only a few weeks in all that time back in the U.S., we have no regrets that we left the U.S. and opted out of France for this beautiful country despite this dreadful drug war and rampant corruption. No place inhabited by human beings is perfect so what the hell, we´ll take Jalisco and Chiapas for the duration.

Don´t even mention religious fervor in the deep south. That´s one important reason I got the hell out of there. Not that there isn´t plenty of religious fervor in Chiapas but Dawg doesn´t speak Tsotzil so they leave me alone.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 am

hound dog wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
hound dog wrote:

Z

Now, Zed; as soon as Dawg reached the age of freedom (after graduation from university at age 22), I was on my way from Tuscaloosa to Santa Monica and ended up resident there only to find the L.A. Basin too retrograde so on to San Francisco for some 30 years. I was comparing the astounding beauty of Mobile´s residential areas with the hard, cold brick residential areas of Boston. I actually only lived in Mobile for a couple of years back in the 70s. When it came time to retire, we considered the Alabama coast but chose Mexico instead and, after 12 years down here with only a few weeks in all that time back in the U.S., we have no regrets that we left the U.S. and opted out of France for this beautiful country despite this dreadful drug war and rampant corruption. No place inhabited by human beings is perfect so what the hell, we´ll take Jalisco and Chiapas for the duration.

Don´t even mention religious fervor in the deep south. That´s one important reason I got the hell out of there. Not that there isn´t plenty of religious fervor in Chiapas but Dawg doesn´t speak Tsotzil so they leave me alone.

Fair enough....

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 am

By the way, Zed, all this talk of the cultural advantages or disadvantages of regional burgs such as Mobile, Boston and San Francisco reminds me a a story I´ve told before on the boards but I must repeat because it amuses me.

I used to work for the largest bank in Mobile for a couple of years and my boss disliked me intensely so it seemed to me to be a good time to move on as I was just a kid and back then jobs for young people were a dime a dozen so I applied for a job as a national bank examiner in the San Francisco headquartered and impressively named Comptroller of the Currency, Regional Administrator of National Banks, 12th National Bank Region which basically means "useless warthogs" as I came to realize over the next few years.

Anyway, my wife, who is from Paris and had been temporarily working in Mobile for a couple of years only to marry me and screw up her plans to return to France, and I were invited to a bank party shortly after we arrived in San Francisco and at one point during the evening we became separated and as my new bride was engaging in light banter with some snotty banker from the peninsula, he inquired as to what had brought her from Paris to San Francisco. She replied that she had originally come to the United States to work as a French teacher in Mobile before following me to San Francisco as I pursued a job opportunity there. He responded; "Mobile! How could you possibly have lived there? It´s full of rednecks!" to which my wife replied, "Tell me, I married one." (End of light banter)
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:08 pm

dog, we know about the fine southern families, & the beauty. boston has (& had) their high society. i dont mean the kennedy's as they were peasants, though JFK had class. boston has mansions on beacon street, & brookline. dont forget the old boys club @ harvard. the pigelle club etc. the working class was/is another story. you are getting confused, there are 2 boston accents. one worker, one educated. john is not from the educated class (old time gentry), but so what?? one clue was using the disgusting word snot. he goes on to say it is because they "have money". that is a dead give a way, but he gave himself away from the 1st time he posted here. but so what? he does have a feel for good living. you are more worldly, & have a broader persceptive. interesting to note, the newer $$$ in boston was bin ladens family & others.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Suck-up.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:34 pm

bennie#2 wrote:dog, we know about the fine southern families, & the beauty. boston has (& had) their high society. i dont mean the kennedy's as they were peasants, though JFK had class. boston has mansions on beacon street, & brookline. dont forget the old boys club @ harvard. the pigelle club etc. the working class was/is another story. you are getting confused, there are 2 boston accents. one worker, one educated. john is not from the educated class (old time gentry), but so what?? one clue was using the disgusting word snot. he goes on to say it is because they "have money". that is a dead give a way, but he gave himself away from the 1st time he posted here. but so what? he does have a feel for good living. you are more worldly, & have a broader persceptive. interesting to note, the newer $$$ in boston was bin ladens family & others.

It seems you know a lot about Boston, Do you know a lot about Massachusetts cities and towns which make Alabama and most southern states look like trash by comparison? And Boston has some of the best colleges in the US and the best Hospitals too. Colleges: Harvard, MIT, Boston University, Wellesley, Northeastern University, Suffolk University, Mass College of Pharmacy, etc. Hospitals: Brigham & Women's comes in around # 9 in the US (a teaching hospital), Dana Farber Cancer Center, Boston Children's Hospital, Tufts New England Medical Center (a teaching hospital), Mass General, Deaconess (diabetes), Beth Israel Deaconess, University Hospital (affiliated with Boston University).

Massachusetts richest cities and towns: Weston, Dover, Brookline, Concord, Wellesley, Beverly, Wenham, Magnolia, Cohasset, Newton, Milton, Duxbury, Norwell, Westport, Chatham (Cape Cod), Island of Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard - Edgartown, Chilmark and West Tisbury where Movie stars, producers, singers (Carly Simon) and news people have homes there. Some of these towns have such equisite mansions that you can't afford to buy a garage there.

Boston has always been talked about by travellers when they mention San Francisco and compare the two. I love SF and realize it's different than Boston in many ways.

The City of Boston is clean, has been revitalized, has unbelievable history that few other cities can compare themselves to. The waterfront has been rebuilt. It is parks, and olong Atlantic Avenue has Lobster businesses, Marine stores, restaurants and the Fish Pier where you can get the freshest fish daily from the day boats. If in Boston, try the "No Name" restaurant on the Fish Pier. Or you can spend $$$ at the Chart House, Durgin Park near Fanueil Hall or Ye Olde Union Oyster House.

Boston has its poorer suburbs of Roxbury and Dorchester. South Boston is coming up, mostly Irish but now a mix. There is the North End (Italian), Jamaica Plain (a mix), the South End where gays bought rundown Brownstones for next to nothing, rehabbed them and now their worth in the millions of $$$$. There streets are tree lined with old fashioned gas lanterns.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:54 pm

...End (Italian), Jamaica Plain (a mix), the South End where gays bought rundown Brownstones for next to nothing, rehabbed them and now their worth in the millions of $$$$. There streets are tree lined with old fashioned gas lanterns.[/quote]

Tell me, John, if Massachusetts is such a nice and sophisticated place, why can´t the state spend a few bucks teaching students the differences among ""their" and "they're" and "there " and "their"? In trashy Alabama, we don´t make these kinds of elementary mistakes. Millions of dollars cannot buy erudition in the absence of functioning brains.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:03 pm

John:

We understand that by virtue of birth, you know all about Boston and all of its wonders. Now can you provide us all with a basis for your disparaging comments about the State of Alabama with such details as how often you visited there, the amount of time spent in all of the cities and towns you visited?

Or is this just another of your wide sweeping assumptions or generalizations based upon no personal experience? You have been caught at this before and had your nose rubbed in your inaccuracies.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey Dawg,is it true that in Alabama they say "thank God for Mississippi or Alabama would be last in everything"?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Now what would a "Southie" say if you told him..."Oh, you must be from that red neck, red state, dixiecrat, Alabama"?.........."FECK OFF, YOU BOLLIXED WANKER" lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Hey wait a minute! Mississippi isn't ALWAYS! last! I'll have you know that we're first in number of fat people and unwed mothers!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm

john is correct about boston. it also has one of the highest education & income levels in the u.s.a. alabama is nowhere in that league. i am sure 150 yrs ago alabama may have been ahead of boston, maybe yes. there's one thing i do hate & that's school teachers, office workers & govt workers, you know what i mean. johns info is correct, even if he cant type. btw, parts of dorchestor are being rehabbed as well.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:45 pm

kipissippi wrote:Hey wait a minute! Mississippi isn't ALWAYS! last! I'll have you know that we're first in number of fat people and unwed mothers!

Probably one and the same. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next